$1.03 trillion spent on welfare programs

PLC1

Staff member
When I heard Limbaugh ranting about this on the radio yesterday, I thought it was just hype and half truth.

It turns out, he's right.

Holy (bleep!) Is this country in trouble, or what?

Welfare spending jumps 32% to over a trillion dollars

Federal spending on more than 80 low-income assistance programs reached $746 billion in 2011, and state spending on those programs brought the total to $1.03 trillion, according to figures from the Congressional Research Service and the Senate Budget Committee.

Here's another:

In many respects, this country no longer looks like the American Republic that our parents and grandparents experienced. More than ever before, government is destroying private enterprise on the one hand, and offering permanent dependency on the other hand. With all the focus on big bird, binders, and the 47%, the most important figure is the $1.03 trillion – the cost of combined federal and state welfare spending per year.

That's 1.03 teradollars, or roughly ten grand per taxpayer, and it's more than the military budget.

Werbung:
I'm not surprised. That just goes to show you that the unemployment numbers are phony. All those people that have left the unemployment rolls still don't have jobs. Wished the government would tell us the truth and stop playing with the numbers.

The labor department uses the unemployment number of 14.7%, and I bet it's more like 20%.

Anyone who actually follows the US budget knows that it is not military spending etc that is truly driving the debt and deficit, it is this.

The next time someone tells you that the wars bankrupt the country -- keep the welfare spending figures in mind, and contrast the two.

The wars cost about $1 trillion over 10 years.
Welfare at this level would cost $10 trillion over the same time frame.

I know. Let's start getting people off of welfare and stop invading other nations, how's that for a plan? While we're at it, let's eliminate subsidies and quit sending money to foreign governments that don't really like us.

Maybe then, we could actually afford that high speed rail they're talking about, or perhaps even start paying down the 16 trillion debt.

people cant poo poo social spending anymore. its thru the roof with BO.

and it really puts extending unemployment and the rest of BOs stimulus ideas in a poor light.

Werbung:
Back