10 Reasons Gay Marriage is Unamerican and Wrong

http://www.reuters.com/article/dome...Type=RSS&feedName=domesticNews&rpc=22&sp=true

On a semi-related topic, there's something new out there now trying to kill gays. Don't get mad at me, I'm just the reporter.

yes indeed.
there are many risky diseases when anal cavities are involved. many of these also include illegal drug use which complicates the immune system. this is why there are certain practices when handling bodies and bodily fluids regulated by health departments.
but there are also epidemics that are from mosquitos, and bird, but since they aren't gay I guess those are ok.

Werbung:
I'm just curious - is there anyone here (other than me) who is against gay marriage for one reason or another, or is this site frequented by gay-rights supporters only? I'm not knocking you either way, I'd just like to know if there are ever any opposing view points to this issue here.

I still want to know why anyone could possibly oppose gay marriage on any reasonable grounds seeing as it doesnt affect you wether its legal or illegal unless you choose to get married to a man.

I still want to know why anyone could possibly oppose gay marriage on any reasonable grounds seeing as it doesnt affect you wether its legal or illegal unless you choose to get married to a man.

Why does it have to affect someone (i.e. "does it affect your marriage?" argument) in order for it to be found morally/naturally wrong? Can't a society simply make its own norms? In Europe people might love gay marriage. In the Middle East it's considered something akin to the devil. In the US it seems to be (I'm just guessing) 70/30 in favor of traditional marriage. It doesn't have to affect me personally, and honestly it wouldn't affect me personally. But NAMBLA doesn't affect me personally, nor do people who have sex with animals.

Once again, I say leave it up to the states to decide.

Why does it have to affect someone (i.e. "does it affect your marriage?" argument) in order for it to be found morally/naturally wrong? Can't a society simply make its own norms? In Europe people might love gay marriage. In the Middle East it's considered something akin to the devil. In the US it seems to be (I'm just guessing) 70/30 in favor of traditional marriage. It doesn't have to affect me personally, and honestly it wouldn't affect me personally. But NAMBLA doesn't affect me personally, nor do people who have sex with animals.

Once again, I say leave it up to the states to decide.

NAMBLA doesn't affect me personally, but it might have a negative impact on my grandsons.
The KKK doesn't affect me personally, but I still find their philosophy offensive, because it does impact others negatively.
Communism doesn't affect me personally, but I still don't like to see it spread.

I think the difference is choice. No one is being forced into a gay marriage. NAMBLA is simply a way for perverts to force their perversion on boys not yet able to make a rational choice. No one chooses to have the KKK burn a cross on their lawn.
Nothing is more anti choice than Communism.

My philosophy is live and let live. If there is no negative impact to two gays deciding to live as a family, why should it matter to me? Why would I want the government to make that choice? I think that the fewer choices we leave up to the government, the better.

I'm just curious - is there anyone here (other than me) who is against gay marriage for one reason or another, or is this site frequented by gay-rights supporters only? I'm not knocking you either way, I'd just like to know if there are ever any opposing view points to this issue here.

LOL look around the site some and you'll find a few people on your side. :)

I don't see any posts on this thread to suggest anyone else shared your view. Here is someone on another forum who does.

I think government should have a valid reason for licensing and regulating human relationships. Helping gays to feel better about themselves is not a valid reason.

I think government should have a valid reason for licensing and regulating human relationships. Helping gays to feel better about themselves is not a valid reason.

And helping you cope with something that is different by denying its legitimacy is valid? indeed.

In fact let me quote one of the most famous documents of this very country's existence....in fact the very document that MADE this country.....

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Pursuit of happiness.....now let me consider that "To feel better about themselves" is thus a synonym for their pursuit of their personal happiness and you have validity for allowing it. These words although lacking it directly, obviously intend that people should be allowed to pursue such happiness as long as this pursuit is not inconsistent with the equal rights of others. One could directly take this as to say that by allowing men and women to marry and to disallow men and men or women and women to marry, by reason that this may (and I say this with no small incredulous smirk on my face at the idea that this holds any water as a reason) undermine the sanctity of marriage, you are stepping on the equal rights of these who wish to marry one of the same sex, and thus neither should men and women be allowed to marry. But of course this is as ridiculous an idea as the idea that gays should not be allowed to marry, and I only stated it to make my point. If you consider yourself an American, then you by the very foundation on which this country was created, even before the oft quoted constitution, must allow gay marriage...

Pursuit of happiness.....now let me consider that "To feel better about themselves" is thus a synonym for their pursuit of their personal happiness and you have validity for allowing it. These words although lacking it directly, obviously intend that people should be allowed to pursue such happiness as long as this pursuit is not inconsistent with the equal rights of others.

I sometimes find happiness abusing myself with my left hand. I am free to do so. Government licensing and regulation isnt required. The government would have no valid reason to do so.
Sad state of affairs when you need the endorsement of government to find your happiness and feel better about yourself.

Nobody is stopping you from bashing one out because its not regulated, but people are stopping the gays from getting married because it is unregulated. Can you see the difference?

Nobody is stopping you from bashing one out because its not regulated, but people are stopping the gays from getting married because it is unregulated. Can you see the difference?

Oooh what nonsense. No one is being stopped from getting married. Even here in conservative central Tx we have a couple churches that perform gay marriages on a regular basis.

Werbung:
Well then whats the problem? Gay marriage is going ahead and not affecting you, and you can still bash one out over women.

Back