>2009 Holiday Online Boycott<

Sihouette

There is a boycott underway of online holiday shopping with states whose leaders refuse to support the Public Option.

Another way of looking at it is a reward for states whose top leadership does support the Publc Option, participants are encouraged to spend there and spend as much as their budgets allow this Season.

placeofnopity.com

Werbung:
why exactly should online companies be boycotted specifically over a states not wanting that option...also how do you say a state is against the option...if 2 senators and all in the house are against it? the Governor? In my state Pawlenty is saying he may look at useing the 10th amendment to force our state out of such a option should it pass...my 2 sentors are both in favor of it ( or at least the co-op idea ).....so does my state = against it or not?

will have no effect and seems to punish one set of companies who have no bearing on the law anyway.

Well that's easy to answer, people have to pull together and get real about health care for everyone. The folks in the states whose leaders stand either silent or opposed to the 70%+ and growing numbers of the general public who want it [remember we live in a democracy where majority rules OK?] begin to pressure those leaders to take a stand and support the public option. Either that or they trust the "numbers" the med goons are feeding them and bank that the boycott won't matter..

It's really a game of gambling on how many people actually do support the Public Option vs how many the GOP says. You know, put your money where your facts are. That kind of thing.

Well that's easy to answer, people have to pull together and get real about health care for everyone. The folks in the states whose leaders stand either silent or opposed to the 70%+ and growing numbers of the general public who want it [remember we live in a democracy where majority rules OK?] begin to pressure those leaders to take a stand and support the public option. Either that or they trust the "numbers" the med goons are feeding them and bank that the boycott won't matter..

It's really a game of gambling on how many people actually do support the Public Option vs how many the GOP says. You know, put your money where your facts are. That kind of thing.

first majority does not rule, Majority does not even win you the presedency at times...

2. still see no reason to go after Unline companies who happen to be based on that state..For all you know that company could be saying we cant afford to ensure our workers, but would like to see them insured, and think this is a great idea. Do you think all companies like paying for health care?

3. you still did not tell me if my state would be one...

I am boycotting the boycott I think :) ...well to be fair I may not buy anything online anyway....

A "boycott" of states whose leaders don't support the public option is just about as silly as ranting about death panels and killing gramma, except that the first has had some effect on the uninformed and gullible. The boycott will have as much effect as throwing a pebble into the ocean.

Sil,

Why doesnt your group pick the top 20 or top 50 online places, do some research and find out if that company is for or against what you think they should be then buy from or boycott based on what you find out?

There could be a really big liberal online company who donates to obama and the healthcare cause but they are located in a state that isnt so healthcare reform friendly, why punish them when they are using funds to help you?

get a top ten list of who you do not want to support and another top ten of who you do want to support.

You can do it your way but you might be buying from evil republicans who happen to live in a liberal state :)

Well to be fair I didn't really come up with the idea but the boycott does seem workable. It is what it is I guess. People at the end of their ropes.

I changed my mind...I dont want to agree with pandora, so I am for it now :)

jk

Don't you agree with Pandora! That would mean that pigs have learned to fly, Hell has frozen, and San Francisco has voted Republican. The last two might be OK to deal with, but that swine flew is just too scary.

I changed my mind...I dont want to agree with pandora, so I am for it now :)

jk
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

529.gif

Governor Bill Ritter has won his state online commerce this Holiday Season by declaring that he is for the public option.:)

Well done Governor Ritter! May your commerce flourish this year! Businesses of Colorado take note. Ritter saved your butts. Online shoppers will be encouraged to favor Colorado-based businesses.
http://placeofnopity.com/photo.html

Governor Ed Rendell comes out on the Rachel Maddow show tonight in favor of the public option!!

Lots of online shopping in the great state of Pennsylvania. See his kudos and his state seal proudly displayed on the coveted >FOR< spot on State Of The States! http://placeofnopity.com/photo.html

Yikes, the site server crashed for a bit yesterday. I hope I didn't put too many links out there? :confused:

It's up again today. Thanks again to Governor Rendell of Pennsylvania for his bold courage and grit in standing up for the Public Option.

Sil, Oregon the liberal of liberal states should be boycotted. Our very own slime bucket Ron Wyden does not think the public option is a good thing. He says it will cost most people more money and give all of us less choice.

So stick this liberal state of Oregon on the top of your boycott list

Werbung:
That certainly will weigh against Oregon. Only Governor Kulongoski can save them now.. I'll put it to the guys and see what they want to do about it. Thanks Pandora. :)

Back