2009: "The Year of the Hoax"

Little-Acorn

A year is often marked by an unusual number of incidents that happen in it. 2009 is clearly to be known as "The Year of the Hoax".

Examples include:

* The "Balloon Boy" hoax by a family in Colorado. Turns out the boy was never in the balloon and the family knew it - they just planned it to become famous enough for some kind of reality show.

* An inside whistleblower publishes notes and emails revealing that the University of East Anglia's personnel had been systematically distorting and faking data from weather observations, to make people think the climate was changing when it wasn't. Apparently for the purpose of attracting more govenment money to continue their "research", and possibly to get governments to give them even more for "fighting" the climate change they "discovered".

* Senator John Ensign (R-NV), who campaigned on "Family Values", is found to have had an affair with Cynthia Hampton, the wife on one of his aides. Though the affair took place in 2007-2008, it was revealed in 2009.

* Squeaky-clean golfer Tiger Woods was revealed to have had as many as a dozen different mistresses. The various affairs took place over many years, but were publicly revealed in 2009.

* The Obama campaign promised "Hope and Change" before the election. But after Obama's inauguration, the same old politics as usual prevailed throughout the administration, with more backroom deals, broken promises, wild secretive horsetrading, bills conceived and voted on as far as possible from public scrutiny, and astounding levels from high administration officials of denigration and vilification of anyone who protested or asked for explanations of what was going on.

* In an ongoing hoax spreading over several decades, a diminishing number of advocates still insist that man's actions have something to do with climate change (if there is actually any climate change, see second example above). THis despite more than forty years of such claims having produced no proof whatsoever of any contribution from the actions of humans, to climate change. The hoax continues as unscrupulous "scientists" and their advocates try to coerce governments into giving them more and more money, either to research this supposed "change", or to "fight" it.

* Barack Obama (D-IL) ran for President as a centrist, only to appoint a horde of extreme-left radical advisors and cabinet members, and ram through the biggest spending bills in the nation's history. In the first year of his Presidency, Obama has spent more than every other President in U.S. History, combined.

* Party crashers Tareq and Michaele Salahi bluffed their way past several Secret Service and social-function checkpoints, and entered a White House dinner party honoring Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. They had their pictures taken with Vice President Joe Biden, hung around for several hours, and departed long before it was discovered that they had no invitiation to the party and were not on the guest list.

* Bernard Madoff was sentenced to a maximum sentence of 150 years in prison for his masterminding and running of a Ponzi scheme - a fraudulent investment hoax where new investors are paid with the contributions of previous investors rather than with the profits of their supposed "investments". U.S. District Court Denny Chin called Madoff's activities "extraordinarily evil", involving hundreds of people and billions of dollars.

By the end of 2009, no charges had yet been brought against the people running the Federal Social Security program, a virtually identical Ponzi-scheme hoax involving millions of people and trillions of dollars.

* Attorney General Eric Holder announced that 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed would be given a civilian trial in New York City as though he were a common criminal, rather than the summary military court-marital required by the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) for acts committed during war, including the war declared by terrorists against the United States. This putatively civilian trial enables KSM to continue the hoax that he is an oppressed freedom fighter, and the tired line that the policies of George W. Bush are at fault for the 9/11 attacks.

* The Nobel Peace Prize commission decided to give its Nobel Peace Prize to newly-elected U.S. President Barack Obama, thus continuing their on-again, off-again hoax of awarding a "Peace Prize" to people such as Jimmy Carter and Yasser Arafat who have done nothing to further the cause of peace.

These are just a sample of the myriad hoaxes, falsehoods, and general fakery running rampant in 2009, "The Year of the Hoax".

Werbung:
One of the biggest hoaxes is your signature line, Little-Acorn.

Thomas Jefferson never said, "That government is best which governs least", much less that he included "because its people discipline themselves".

And Thomas Paine also didn't say it, as many claim. However, it is true that Thoreau did mention the first part, but he merely was quoting from The United States Magazine and Democratic Review.

Nice try, though:rolleyes:.

The Jefferson Encyclopedia

bartleby

wikipedia

Oxford University Press

Interesting what you say about Jefferson, I learned in public school that he did say that. Goes to show you how bad the public school system is :)

I can see how 2009 could be called the year of the hoax. What ever you call 2009, it is for sure the absolute worst year of my life all the way till the last day. I am very glad to see it gone!

Interesting what you say about Jefferson, I learned in public school that he did say that. Goes to show you how bad the public school system is :)

I can see how 2009 could be called the year of the hoax. What ever you call 2009, it is for sure the absolute worst year of my life all the way till the last day. I am very glad to see it gone!

i love ya, pandora. what is the good thing that happened on the last day, if im not too personal...?

Yes and 2010 will be the end liberalism.

BTW, gipper--

It was on his hospital bed that he is purported to have delivered the famous,"win just one for the Gipper" line. He apparently said this line to Knute Rockne, the football coach of Notre Dame. The full quotation from which the line is derived is:

“ I've got to go, Rock. It's all right. I'm not afraid. Some time, Rock, when the team is up against it, when things are wrong and the breaks are beating the boys, ask them to go in there with all they've got and win just one for the Gipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock. But I'll know about it, and I'll be happy. ”

Rockne used the story of Gipp, along with this deathbed line that he attributed to Gipp, to rally his team to an underdog victory over the undefeated Army team of 1928 at Yankee Stadium.

Ronald Reagan was an actor, no gipper, and you are a slave to gipper mentality.

This deathbed request and the legendary pep talk it provided eight years later is chronicled in the motion picture, Knute Rockne: All American. That's where Ronald Reagan comes in. He played the Gipper in the 1940 film.

The actually phrase, "That one was for the Gipper," was supposedly uttered by halfback Jack Chevigny immediately after he vaulted for a one-yard touchdown in the 1928 Notre Dame victory inspired by Rockne's recounting of Gipp's request

i love ya, pandora. what is the good thing that happened on the last day, if im not too personal...?

Well I adopted a little girl and I let her go on a sleep over 2 days before Christmas. I get these "funny feelings" and I had one that she should not go. Well everyone said I should let her go so I did and we found out New Years Eve about 4 hours before all the stores closed that she got head lice at the sleep over. We spend the rest of the day dashing around buying the stuff you have to get to kill it, 4 hours at the laundry mat washing everything we own and then I was up past midnight looking over her head, freaking out that I was gonna catch it.

I cant find any way to blame obama for this one though, darn it!

Well I adopted a little girl and I let her go on a sleep over 2 days before Christmas. I get these "funny feelings" and I had one that she should not go. Well everyone said I should let her go so I did and we found out New Years Eve about 4 hours before all the stores closed that she got head lice at the sleep over. We spend the rest of the day dashing around buying the stuff you have to get to kill it, 4 hours at the laundry mat washing everything we own and then I was up past midnight looking over her head, freaking out that I was gonna catch it.

Well that is great...the part about adopting a little girl not the head lice.

It may be too late, but you did not use that tarry crap they sell did you? We used it on our kids then found out later it is somewhat toxic and I believe they make something that works better and is safer.

A lot of kids get it so don't get too worked up about it.

And hey, blame Obama for lice. Works for me. The lefties blame Bush for everything under sun.

Well that is great...the part about adopting a little girl not the head lice.

It may be too late, but you did not use that tarry crap they sell did you? We used it on our kids then found out later it is somewhat toxic and I believe they make something that works better and is safer.

A lot of kids get it so don't get too worked up about it.

And hey, blame Obama for lice. Works for me. The lefties blame Bush for everything under sun.

We apparently went over board. I got the lice kit they sell in the store for both of us and then on top of that some tea tree oil and some other face washing thing that works better than the kit. Got special combs because the ones in the kit didnt look good enough to me and we have both been washing our hair every day even though there has been no signs since new years day.

I found out today you can put a mayonnaise hair treatment with a shower cap then blow dry it. So we will do that to (just in case they try to return)

It was by far the worst new years eve of my life. My hair is long and black and I dont often wear it back so I was so afraid I was going to get it.

Ever try to put one of those tiny combs through long hair? Ugh!

WHY , would you allow your little girl to sleep over at a "liberals' house?
Your very lucky it was only lice she caught! KENYA understand what I'm saying?

WHY , would you allow your little girl to sleep over at a "liberals' house?
Your very lucky it was only lice she caught! KENYA understand what I'm saying?

I dont know if they are liberals or not. But I did have a bad feeling that things would not work out and I was right.

I like my daughter to be exposed to liberals. We talk a great deal about politics. She will one day grow up and move out or go off to college and I want her to learn how to think not what to think. If I only expose her to my point of view she wont know how to defend herself or even really be sure she knows what she believes because I would have always told her what to believe.

Werbung:
Other Hoaxes

Palin is Qualified...insert any higher office

Death Panals

Obama is not a American

Health Care will tell out Troops to kill themself when they get back

We have the best health care system......

As my Grandmother would say

Oh Pish! (at least on a couple of those!)

Palin is as qualified as obama. (Not that obama is all that qualified)

and we do have the best system on planet earth, but it is not a perfect system... its just better than the others out there. It does need work though.

Back