34 million now on food stamps

PLC1

Staff member
US food stamp list tops 34 million for first time

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - For the first time, more than 34 million Americans received food stamps, which help poor people buy groceries, government figures said on Thursday, a sign of the longest and one of the deepest recessions since the Great Depression

I'm pretty sure that there were no food stamps during the last great depression. My parents lived through that one, and it didn't sound like there was much help.

There are some signs that the economy is improving, but this isn't one of them.

Werbung:
There are some signs that the economy is improving

What signs?

Don't be fooled.

Keep in mind the US gov't has spent and is spending at an unsustainable rate now.

There are some signs that the economy is improving

What signs?

Don't be fooled.

Keep in mind the US gov't has spent and is spending at an unsustainable rate now.

My stock portfolio is starting to rebound, that's one sign.

Still, remember, I said that there are some signs that the economy may be rebounding, not that everything was hunky dory once again.

And yes, the government is spending at an unsustainable rate, and has been for nearly nine years now.

US food stamp list tops 34 million for first time

I'm pretty sure that there were no food stamps during the last great depression. My parents lived through that one, and it didn't sound like there was much help.

There are some signs that the economy is improving, but this isn't one of them.
The FDR Administration hired people to work in the CCC, Civilian Conservation Camps in federal and state parks all over the country. In 1935, my father and my uncle worked in a CCC camp in Missouri. My father had been an accountant for a Chevrolet agency hat went broke in 1933. He got a job handling the budget of the CCC camp. My uncle Jay was hired to handle the mail. This gave my father more experience in accounting and by 1936 he was the auditor of a company that prodced paint and varnish. My uncle Jay became a railway mail clerk, sorting mail for the USPS until he retired. Neither of them was ever unemployed again.

The CCC sent half the wages of all employees home to their families. You shold get some books and learn about the real history of this country.

If w have a growing population, then of course, there will be an increase in the number of hungry people. The US economy depends on growth. The birthrate is below the replacement level in the US, which is why the US needs immigrants to keep the economy working.

The FDR Administration hired people to work in the CCC, Civilian Conservation Camps in federal and state parks all over the country. In 1935, my father and my uncle worked in a CCC camp in Missouri. My father had been an accountant for a Chevrolet agency hat went broke in 1933. He got a job handling the budget of the CCC camp. My uncle Jay was hired to handle the mail. This gave my father more experience in accounting and by 1936 he was the auditor of a company that prodced paint and varnish. My uncle Jay became a railway mail clerk, sorting mail for the USPS until he retired. Neither of them was ever unemployed again.

The CCC sent half the wages of all employees home to their families. You shold get some books and learn about the real history of this country.

If w have a growing population, then of course, there will be an increase in the number of hungry people. The US economy depends on growth. The birthrate is below the replacement level in the US, which is why the US needs immigrants to keep the economy working.
Grassroots Democrat devotee: 'Aint it wonderful, bro, that Biden is giving away so many benefits to help the poor during these days of economic depression?'

Biden is preventing children from going hungry. The economy has less unemployment than in many, many years. Ths is no a depression. Those who claim it is are tools of the Trumpoid Fascists

Werbung:
Biden is preventing children from going hungry. The economy has less unemployment than in many, many years. Ths is no a depression. Those who claim it is are tools of the Trumpoid Fascists
And yet realities cannot be overlooked:

Yellen and rest of Bidenomics team ignore middle-class misery their policies create | Fox News 10-10-23

Yellen and rest of Bidenomics team ignore middle-class misery their policies create

Yellen promotes the burgeoning federal budget at the expense of family budgets
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Federal deficit hit $1.7 trillion in fiscal year 2023 - Washington Times 10-10-23

Federal deficit hit $1.7 trillion in fiscal year 2023
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BIDENOMICS: Moody's Cuts Outlook on US Government to Negative... Developing | The Gateway Pundit | by Cristina Laila 11-10-23

BIDENOMICS: Moody’s Cuts Outlook on US Government to Negative… Developing
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bidenomics Study: 62% of Americans Living Paycheck to Paycheck (breitbart.com) 12-19-23

Bidenomics Study: 62% of Americans Living Paycheck to Paycheck During Holiday Season
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ex-Obama official throws cold water on employment numbers for Black Americans: They're 'crappy jobs' | Watch (msn.com) 1-24-24

Black unemployment numbers good but jobs are crappy jobs
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Inflation Shoots Back Up Despite Glowing Reports From Media, Biden: 'Not Going Away' - The Political Insider 2-13-24

Inflation Shoots Back Up Despite Glowing Reports From Media, Biden: ‘Not Going Away’
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

US poverty rate jumped in 2022, child poverty more than doubled: Census - ABC News (go.com) 9-12-23

US poverty rate jumped in 2022, child poverty more than doubled: Census

Back