4 million now expected for Obama's inauguration

Popeye

It's hard to believe but they're now saying as many as 4 million could be on hand for Obama's big day... Seems like everyone wants to be a part of history and who can blame them?

The two previous largest crowds in DC were LBJ's inauguration (1.2 million) and the Million Man March (800,000-1 million). Obviously, this is going to be something special.

District and federal officials are preparing for as many as 4 million people for the inauguration of President-elect Barack Obama, a crowd that would be three or four times larger than previous big events on the Mall.

Only a fraction of those people will be close enough to get a good look at the action. But officials are planning extra JumboTrons at the Mall and along the inaugural parade route so that spectators can feel a part of the historic day.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/17/AR2008111703672_pf.html

Werbung:
I read there were like 400 thousand at the MMM but either way, that is a whole lot of people who will go. I hope they have good security, that kind of seems dangerous really.

You probably heard that lowball estimate for the MMM on FauxNews..they have a disturbing pattern of trying to downplay anything that isn't right wing based.

You're right about the security though, dealing with that many people could cause numerous problems.

You probably heard that lowball estimate for the MMM on FauxNews..they have a disturbing pattern of trying to downplay anything that isn't right wing based.

You're right about the security though, dealing with that many people could cause numerous problems.

Was FOX news around back then? I learned about FOX news right before the 2004 election. I had heard rants about something to do with fox, but I assumed it was the fox tv channel. I had not realized they had news and even then I had to pay extra to get it.

This was a long time ago when the march was happening. there was a guy who did a radio show, he called himself the black avenger. He was a conservative african american. I remember the first time I heard him I thought gosh you are a racist then I realized he was black and decided he wasnt racist. Funny how something seems racist depending on whos mouth it comes out of.

anyways it was that man who said it was 400 thousand disgruntled blacks.

either way if there really are 4 million there, they had better do some serious security, stop all planes, I mean everything. That is far tooo many people in one location, it doesnt seem safe

Was FOX news around back then? I learned about FOX news right before the 2004 election. I had heard rants about something to do with fox, but I assumed it was the fox tv channel. I had not realized they had news and even then I had to pay extra to get it.

This was a long time ago when the march was happening. there was a guy who did a radio show, he called himself the black avenger. He was a conservative african american. I remember the first time I heard him I thought gosh you are a racist then I realized he was black and decided he wasnt racist. Funny how something seems racist depending on whos mouth it comes out of.

anyways it was that man who said it was 400 thousand disgruntled blacks.

either way if there really are 4 million there, they had better do some serious security, stop all planes, I mean everything. That is far tooo many people in one location, it doesnt seem safe

The "Black Avenger" was Ken Hamblin...now I KNOW the number was low balled.

I HIGHLY doubt he would be a target to a terrorist, but the 4 million in one place sure would be. They shoud have extra good security

Protect Obama from the right wing nut jobs and the 4 million from the terrorists.

you dont think the president of the US would be a terror target? You really should just not speak on security issues if you believe that.

Werbung:
It's hard to believe but they're now saying as many as 4 million could be on hand for Obama's big day... Seems like everyone wants to be a part of history and who can blame them?

The two previous largest crowds in DC were LBJ's inauguration (1.2 million) and the Million Man March (800,000-1 million). Obviously, this is going to be something special.

What it shows is

(1) There are LOTS of morons in this country :D and

(2) DC is a black city.

Back