5 freedoms you'd lose in health care reform

PLC1

Staff member
I thought this might be just another scare piece from the insurance industry. Maybe it is, but it doesn't appear to be.

If you read the fine print in the Congressional plans, you'll find that a lot of cherished aspects of the current system would disappear.

1. Freedom to choose what's in your plan

2. Freedom to be rewarded for healthy living, or pay your real costs

(yet, the TV news last night was that fat people would pay more.)

3. Freedom to choose high-deductible coverage

4. Freedom to keep your existing plan

5. Freedom to choose your doctors

That last one we absolutely need to keep. Some of the doctors around here are downright scary. Where did they go to medical school, I wonder?

Werbung:
I thought this might be just another scare piece from the insurance industry. Maybe it is, but it doesn't appear to be.

If you read the fine print in the Congressional plans, you'll find that a lot of cherished aspects of the current system would disappear.

PLC1, thanks for posting this money.cnn.com article information, and the link to the original. I had bookmarked the article, but not had a chance to come back and do anything with it.

I find it absolutely incredible that so many people out there still think that the government getting involved, not just getting involved but taking control of our health care is going to be in any way a solution to anything! Government regulation and involvement has created so many of the existing problems, and now they ask us to give up more rights and control to them? Woe be unto us all if it happens... Keep them phones and emails warmed up and ready. Pelosi and company is plotting their next move...

(yet, the TV news last night was that fat people would pay more.)

That last one we absolutely need to keep. Some of the doctors around here are downright scary. Where did they go to medical school, I wonder?

Ah, the devil is in the details! That saying has never been more true than dealing with legislation in DC in general. This bill is a monstrosity. The national database that is an integral part of this is Orwellian, and once in place the damage to our rights and privacy will be irreversible.

Werbung:
Back