'60 Minutes' tonight...

Werbung:
I saw it. We all should be thankful that we weren't born in a place like Haiti, that has had severe problems even before the earthquake. The suffering there is unimaginable. It is heartening to see the outpouring of help from the people of the fortunate nations of the world, but the problems to be solved are staggering.

I didn't catch all of this...but on NPR there was a report about some western African Country willing to offer as many of the Haitians that they could accommodate parcels of land for resettlement...
Now that just blew me away, what a fantastic offer and opportunity!

And I didn't hear or realize that the Tsunami that hit Somalia had killed so many...now that was sad that this event hadn't created more of a media air time!

I didn't catch all of this...but on NPR there was a report about some western African Country willing to offer as many of the Haitians that they could accommodate parcels of land for resettlement...
Now that just blew me away, what a fantastic offer and opportunity!

And I didn't hear or realize that the Tsunami that hit Somalia had killed so many...now that was sad that this event hadn't created more of a media air time!

I hadn't heard that about the African country. That would be a real gesture of help.

I did hear that Bolivia, the second poorest nation in the western hemisphere after Haiti (at least at one time, maybe it still is) sent rescuers to help the Haitians.

I saw it. We all should be thankful that we weren't born in a place like Haiti, that has had severe problems even before the earthquake. The suffering there is unimaginable. It is heartening to see the outpouring of help from the people of the fortunate nations of the world, but the problems to be solved are staggering.
You are so right. Not just Americans, but people from around the world, those who can helping those who need it the most.

Sadly, it is the way of the world. The earth itself causes tremendous death and devastation. The despots subjugate their own people to untold suffering. The poverty, disease and hopelessness instilled in diverse groups of peoples worldwide by wars, decades, centuries even of conflict and struggle.

Yet there is always that shining light of those who can helping those who need it. Not to be trite about suffering, that is not to my intent at all. But only in pain and suffering do you find the greatness of those who give and sacrifice unselfishly.

Jesus said, "As to the least of these..." and there is never a more profound way of showing it than risking all to rush to the aid of those in need.

Top 10 Poorest Western Hemisphere Countries, According to IMF, FAO & UN statistics, and combining the different factors of lowest GDP per capita, % of population suffering malnutrition and HDI:

1) Haiti; 2) Nicaragua; 3) Guyana; 4) Bolivia; 5) Honduras

6) Guatemala; 7) Paraguay; 8) El Salvador; 9) Suriname; 10) Belize

Werbung:
Here's an update on the situation in Haiti:

Death toll may be 200,000, US general says

If the EPA center was south west of capitol of Port a Prince and shook that area 3 times {the initial hit and 2 hard after shocks that were equally 5.4 hard}...so with communication down, roads blocked not knowing how to reach those people {any who might still be alive is going to be an arduous task for everyone} the density of humans per area for that region is just eminence!

The one thing that still sticks with me from last nights '60' Minute segment was the huge front loaders filling those dump trucks with the dead bodies in-order to clear and cleanse the area before more bacteria set in...the warm humid days are just escalating the decay process...UGH

Back