64 years ago today

Don't you mean American or Allied lives, saved by killing thousands and thousands of Japanese civilians? Anyway, I know we've been fed that nuking Japan saved lives line from the time we're taught about WW II in school....I'm not so sure I buy it, I mean we'll never really know and it appears to be an attempt to defend what to me is an immoral act.

No, I don't. If I had meant American or Allied lives, I would have said so. Check out Andy's post.

He and I don't always agree, but this time we do, which proves one thing beyond a doubt:

He's right.:D

Werbung:
Personaly I think Japan would have been destoyed 100 times more then it was had we not nuked them...it would have been all of Japan destroyed before they gave up, at least this way it was over fast and left the nation with something to start from left...life lost, may have saved some may have cost more...at best without the nukes, would have been pretty damn large amount regardless...

But they bombed peal Harbor so screw um, showed them not to F with our Army again.

....at least this way it was over fast and left the nation with something to start from left....
Yeah...we surely did teach everyone how to apply that lesson....

National_Park_Service_9-11_Statue_o.jpg

Don't you mean American or Allied lives, saved by killing thousands and thousands of Japanese civilians? Anyway, I know we've been fed that nuking Japan saved lives line from the time we're taught about WW II in school....I'm not so sure I buy it, I mean we'll never really know and it appears to be an attempt to defend what to me is an immoral act.

1) It is now known that there were standing orders to the administrators of prison camps, including those of civilians in Japanese internment camps, that as the allies advanced to the point where the camps were to be over run, the inmates would be put to death before they could be liberated (there were documented instances where that had already happened). The bombs saved those lives.

2) There was an allied fire bombing of Tokyo prior to dropping the bomb on Hiroshima that killed (burned to death) more innocent Japanese civilians than were killed by the atom bomb. When people refer to the two atomic bombs dropped on Japan as an "immoral act", they never address that fact. Which begs the question: How was fire bombing Tokyo a "moral act" and the atom bombing an "immoral act"? Perception not withstanding, dead is dead by what ever means.

Personaly I think Japan would have been destoyed 100 times more then it was had we not nuked them...it would have been all of Japan destroyed before they gave up, at least this way it was over fast and left the nation with something to start from left..

Yeah, we left them something to start with all alright..in fact, we did 'em a favor..

hiroshima_wideweb__430x323.jpg

Hiroshima

nagasaki1.jpg

Nagasaki

Popeye, I asked a specific question in my post above. You however, ignored that question and posted a couple of pictures that amount to demagoguery. Please address the question I asked with a rational answer.

Werbung:
Back