89% of muslims voted obama

Here is part of a report about education. I find it interesting in that it shows clearly that we are indeed making progress on better education with President Bush!!

Table 221. Educational Attainment by State: 1990 to 2006

HS BD
75.2 20.3

HS BD
82.8 24.4

HS BD
84.1 25.6

HS BD
85.5 28.0

HS = High School Grad
BD = Bachelor's Degree

Werbung:
I have to ditto ocean. The muslims I know show an appreciation for this country and its freedoms not seen by most American born citizens.

There is a particular friend who came here from Iran some 20 years ago, and he is very much an advocate of freedom and capitalism.

I agree. just lost a dear dear friend to a bicycling accident. He was from Iran as well, and was a pretty secular guy - just happened to be born to a Muslim family. We used to have the best political discussions. He was more of a moderate Republican, and I a centrist Democrat, but we agreed on a lot of issues. His family was incredible, and they were thrilled to be in the US. He had been here since 1978. I learned firsthand what it was like for him and others in his family after 911. It was understandable, but really hard for them. His family ran the gamut of political leanings - he was probably the most conservative. All appreciated the freedoms and customs of this country, and the US came first to them. It is unfortunate that anyone sterotypes a group of people this way.

Putting that aside, the main thrust is foreign policy. Ask your friends questions such as:

- Was 9/11 the US' fault?

- Does israel have a right to exist?

- Does the US have a right to bomb pakistan bases of al qaeda?

etc etc etc

My grandfather, an italian immigrant, bombed italy in a B-25. There was no where his loyalties were.

I have asked my friends these and other questions.

1. they don't believe 911 was the US' fault.

2. They do feel Israel has a right to exist

3. Yes, they feel the same way we do about Al Quaeda.

That said, I'm sure not all Muslims or Iranians feel the same way. Keep in mind though that Ahmadinejad has the same approval rating (hovering around 25%) in Iran that Bush does here. They call him the "little monkey" in Farsi. They have different opinions there, and here, just as Americans do. Keep in mind that there are non-Muslim Americans that don't believe Israel has a right to exist and feel also that 911 was the US' fault. Look at all the conspiracy theorists.

Where the hell do you get THAT. :D Ask ANY israeli who his big enemy was, for 25 years after the pact with egypt, and he'll tell you it was IRAQ, or more specifically, the Baathist regime of Saddam. This was the regime which was implacably anti-israeli, bought the french breeder reactor (which the israelis bombed) to get nukes for use against the israelis, and made the first (unprovoked) attack with IRBMs since WWII against israeli cities during the Gulf War. It was BUSH which removed this regime. The ability of Obamabots not only to get things WRONG, but 180 DEGREES ASS-BACKWARDS is simply AMAZING.

How the hell do I get that? I'm Jewish and my synagogue (2000 families) ovewhelmingly supported Obama (probably more than 80%). Don't claim to speak for me. I am not nor do I know any "Obamabots" just as I wouldn't call all McCain supporters robots who blindly follow a leader. I was raised to question authority and would never ever follow someone blindly. Please take your rhetoric and stick it somewhere else please. If you are going to try to have an intelligent discourse, please do so civilly and without the Rush rhetoric. Talk about a robot! All I ever hear from you is rhetoric! I explained that the Jewish people as a whole are not a one-issue kind of people, just as any other group in this country isn't. Please refrain from your ridiculous stereotypes and stop lumping people into convenient categories. It is absolutely true that Iraq was and is an enemy of Israel. It is also absolutely true that our continued entrenchment in a needless war only mobilized people in that region even more. Iran has grown stronger in the wake of a weakened Iraq and that poses just as much of a threat if not more to Israel and the entire region.

There NEVER has been the nearly-unanimous vote of blacks voting democrat, with even genuine black conservatives like Armstrong Williams voting for Obama. It's OBVIOUS that it was because he was black. :D Spare us the orwellian doublethink BS. :rolleyes:

90% of blacks voted for Kerry in 2004. Near-unanimous? I think so. I do think blacks and first time voters were mobilized, as well they should have been.

Ocean, no comment on obama's voting record in regard to partial birth abortion? Killing infants who are viable outside of the womb is nothing less than murder...and obama and his donkey-assed wife PUSHED this agenda more than once.

How to you reconcile those votes with your thoughts of protecting children through better healthcare? Some deserve protection and care and too bad for the others?

Education. obama has NOTHING in his education plan that hasn't been seen before...many times in fact. It has been proven in study after study that throwing more money at this issue DOESN'T WORK. Unfortunately, it isn't that simple.

Consider these facts:

"CHICAGO — Senator Barack Obama learned how hard it can be to solve America’s public education problems when he headed a philanthropic drive here a decade ago that spent $150 million on Chicago’s troubled schools and barely made a dent."

Given what the United States spends on education, its relatively low student achievement through high school shows its school system is "clearly inefficient," McGaw said.

(AP) In all levels of education, the United States spends $11,152 per student. That's the second highest amount, behind the $11,334 spent by Switzerland.

"The very best schools in the U.S. are extraordinary," McGaw said.

"But the big concern in the U.S. is the diversity of quality of institutions — and the fact that expectations haven't been set high enough."

"Higher education in the United States remains strong, and the nation continues to hold an advantage in innovation based on research conducted at universities, he said.

"A lot of that has been driven by this perception that our schools are simply not good enough and they don't compare well with systems in other countries," Matthews told The Associated Press.

The blame or credit for the results does not go exclusively to a nation's schools, said the 36-page study, part of a series of "report cards" produced by UNICEF's Innocenti Research Center in Florence, Italy.

"It is clear that educational disadvantage is born not at school but in the home," said the report. "Learning begins at birth" and is fostered by "a loving, secure, stimulating environment"

Continued on next post...

Thought I responded to that?

About the obama plan for more free college. I heartedly disagree with more free anything. It has been shown that humans only 'value' what they earn, not what is given to them.

There are loans and grants available for any student who want to attend college. Why do we the people have to give them their education? Let them earn it. They will appreciate it more and have "skin in the game" which will cause them to study harder.

About the obama plan for more free college. I heartedly disagree with more free anything. It has been shown that humans only 'value' what they earn, not what is given to them.

There are loans and grants available for any student who want to attend college. Why do we the people have to give them their education? Let them earn it. They will appreciate it more and have "skin in the game" which will cause them to study harder.

$4000 is just a step in the door for most colleges or universities. The rest WOULD have to be paid for or paid back in loans. It is an incentive, and I do think our future is best if more kids go to college. My parents helped with college, but I took out loans as well, and paid them back. I paid for grad school and beyond myself, with a little help from my employer. I agree that education is best earned, but also that incentives help.

We will have to disagree on this issue Ocean. A young person who really wants to go to school, doesn't need incentive. All can go with the current system we have. Good students regularly get free money in the form of scholarships.

I will bet that if this is done, the statistics will prove it to be a huge failure in that the large majority of students who are "incentized" to attend will flunk out.

Werbung:
How the hell do I get that? I'm Jewish and my synagogue (2000 families) ovewhelmingly supported Obama (probably more than 80%). Don't claim to speak for me.

You misread. The "where do you get that" referred to your TOTALLY ASSININE statement that Bush polices were a "huge threat" to israel, when in fact what he DID was take out israel's WORST ENEMY!!!

It is absolutely true that Iraq was and is an enemy of Israel.

You mean "WAS", and hallelujah, a tiny sliver of truth has made it's way into your Botbrain. :rolleyes:

It is also absolutely true that our continued entrenchment in a needless war

See why you're called bots??? You repeated the "needless war" mantra. Do you want to be the first of about ten Bots I've asked to show that the iraq war was "needless"? My guess is like the others you can't go past just repeating your mantra.

Iran has grown stronger in the wake of a weakened Iraq

Iran growing stronger has NOTHING to do with Iraq, it has to do with the failure of the smug international diplomatic community's TOTAL FAILURE to get the IFs to give up their sponsorship of terrorism, their IRBM and ICBM programs, and their nuke weapons programs. That the IFs control iran at all traces back to jimmy carter's complete failure in foreign policy - he was the last obama-like appeaser to hold the office.

Back