1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

9% approve dem congress

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Libsmasher, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

The dem-controlled congress approval rating has hit an all-time low. Your hear all the time about Bush's low rating, but the lib media isn't interested in this:

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=27414

2. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

Thats about 9% too high.... I would like to know who thinks this Congress is doing a "good or excellent job", anyone on this forum that way?

3. PLC1

PLC1 Moderator Staff Member

Actually the "lib media" is way ahead of you. This one is from over a year ago.

I'm not sure whether you consider USA Today to be a part of the "lib media" or not, but it has taken an interest in the same poll.

This one is pretty creative, but it also raises some questions as to the perceptions of the voters that were polled:

Below bubonic plague and head lice is a pretty good description, don't you think? But, then, 40% of the people think Congress is in Republican hands?:eek:

I wonder how many still believe that Iraq was behind the attack of 9/11?

Where have they been for the past two years?

My conclusion from all of this is that the federal government is seriously in need of reform, but that the average American voter has his/her head so far up where the sun don't shine that he doesn't know what is really going on anyway. If the government is in the hands of the people, and the people suffer from a cranial rectal insertion, how can any meaningful reforms be carried out?

Scary, ain't it?

4. Sihouette

Sihouette Active Member

I'd still like to know how one qualifies BigMedia as liberal when they're in bed with GOP military PSYOPS domestic ops?

Unless calling them liberal is intended to make them seem more harmless and therefore more to be trusted.

Not.

5. Federal Farmer

Federal Farmer New Member

I don't thing the approval rating for the US Congress was this low, in the South, during the Civil War!:eek:

6. Federal Farmer

Federal Farmer New Member

BS Alert! BS Alert!

7. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    You know why it so low? becuse the Republicans hate there reps for spending , and just overall doing a poor job running the nation the last 7 years....

And the Dems are pissed that they have not stopped them.

To post this as some form of a anti LIberal/Democractic post is kinda sad...when its alot of it, a anti Bush Policy anger we see.

Dems should see this as a wake up call to Grow a pair of Balls and put a end to this crap....I am sure they would cuz its a Election year ....but realy its time to do something

Lucky my I am Voting Independence Party for Senate ( I really Hope Jesse Ventura Runs for it)

8. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

9. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

Please specify exactly what what policies you think the Democrats would be pursuing if they indeed had a pair.

-----------------------------------------
    I follow our legislature very closely and no matter what your special interest may be, rest assured there is a representative in Washington pushing the agenda. They cater to the lowest common denominators in society, get elected, then proceed to ignore the most important issues facing the country....

Our nation is going bankrupt. Congress wants to talk about everything but that critical fact, doing everything they can to distract 'We the Sheeple' from understanding our economic circumstance. Democrats are the WORST offenders where spending is concerned, buying off their constituents with government dole. Its been so effective, Republicans abandoned their Conservative roots and joined in on the fun.

There are precious few Conservatives left and they deserve our support.