A 35 million dollar self inflicked wound

foggedinn

A football player named Burress took a .40 cal. glock to a NYC nightclub and accidently shot himself in the leg. Mayor Michael Bloomberg is calling for him to be prosecuted "to the fullest extent of the law". That would be a felony concealed weapons charge carrying a 3 1/2 to 15 year prison sentence. He had just recently signed a 35 million dollar NFL contract.

Is he just stupid? Is his second amendment right to keep and bear arms being violated? Is he being over/under prosecuted? Do the House of Politics posters have an opinion on this?

Personnally, I just think he's stupid.

Werbung:
A football player named Burress took a .40 cal. glock to a NYC nightclub and accidently shot himself in the leg. Mayor Michael Bloomberg is calling for him to be prosecuted "to the fullest extent of the law". That would be a felony concealed weapons charge carrying a 3 1/2 to 15 year prison sentence. He had just recently signed a 35 million dollar NFL contract.

Is he just stupid? Is his second amendment right to keep and bear arms being violated? Is he being over/under prosecuted? Do the House of Politics posters have an opinion on this?

Personnally, I just think he's stupid.

He is an idiot. I am not sure this is a 2nd amendment issue either. I think he was carrying a concealed weapon with no permit, which is a large part of the problem.

Werbung:
Yeah he is probably an idiot, a VERY lucky one at that. I have virtually the same pistol as the one in question, just slightly larger in .45acp. The fact he was able to walk the day after is sign of that. It could have been much worse.

As for the NFL, they seem to act in such an inconsistent manner, there is no telling what will happen in regards to that. As for Mayor Bloomberg making his statements, I would hope he shuts the heck up! Leave it to the courts. Not his place to be involved.

As for Plaxico Buress carrying a gun, I can certainly understand his desire to want to do so. He is quite high profile, has considerable wealth on his person and, and therefore a higher potential victim of a violent crime. I dont knock him for his desire to arm and potentially defend himself.

Even in Alaska where anyone 21 y.o. can carry a legally owned sidearm concealed or not without a license, not do guns have to be registered here.
Plaxico would be in violation in two ways even here.
First, it is illegal to carry them into bars(any establishment whose primary product is booze) also at schools, government buildings, banks and private businesses who ban them specifically.
Having a pistol in the club is not acceptable.

Secondly is having it go off in city limits without reason. Possibly even public endangerment because it went off in a public and potentially crowded place.

Back