A dirth of southerners in Obama's cabinet

foggedinn

Read an article in the Biloxi Sun Herald that to date, not a single southerner has been nominated for appointment to an Obama cabinet position.

Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems that southerners have been dominating national politics for at least a couple of decades. If Obama's cabinet appointment pattern holds, there really is going to be some changes coming.

Can't say if it's for better or worse.

Werbung:
Read an article in the Biloxi Sun Herald that to date, not a single southerner has been nominated for appointment to an Obama cabinet position.

Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems that southerners have been dominating national politics for at least a couple of decades. If Obama's cabinet appointment pattern holds, there really is going to be some changes coming.

Can't say if it's for better or worse.

Im not sure if it is better or worse, but worthy of pointing out that Obama is from Hawaii, a state pretty far south:D, and while Hillary carpetbagged her seat from New York, she has spent most of her time in Arkansas.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Obama comes from a mid-west state, and for the last 20 years we have had a southerner in the White House, and I would argue have been possibly over represented and this is a leveling in this regard.

Either way, it is nothing but speculation.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Obama comes from a mid-west state, and for the last 20 years we have had a southerner in the White House, and I would argue have been possibly over represented and this is a leveling in this regard.
I think it's safe-to-say the Obama Admin is giving The South a time-out.​

Would Southerns fit the profile? - them good'ol boys careering around the boonies in the "General Lee" with Cletus in hot pursuit!

............thats a point do you guys have any jokes about southerners and northerns we have Englishmen, Irishmen and Scotsman jokes.........

There's and Englishman, Irishman & Scotsman having a chat in the pub and the conversation comes round to their daughters all of whom seem to be young and pretty but the Englishman was a bit angry about his daughter!

Englishman "The wife told me that my daughter's room was a damn mess so I went up and had a look around. I found a cigarette packet and was astounded, I didn't realise that she smoked".

The Scotsman had had a similar experience with his daughter "Yesterday I was in my daughter's room for a similar reason and I found a half empty bottle of vodka. I was astounded, I didn't realise that she drank".

Then Paddy The Irishman pipes up "Funny enough, I was in my daughter's room the other day and I found a packet of condoms. I was bloody amazed, I didn't realise she had a penis".

............thats a point do you guys have any jokes about southerners and northerns we have Englishmen, Irishmen and Scotsman jokes.........

What's the difference between a yankee and a damm yankee?
A yankee comes south, spends his money, and leaves.

Werbung:
Would Southerns fit the profile? - them good'ol boys careering around the boonies in the "General Lee" with Cletus in hot pursuit!

I'm more a fan of political-humor....where (only) the appropriate-individuals are dealt-with (rather-than trashing people who never had much choice in their environment).

Three Texas surgeons were arguing about who had the greatest skill.

The first began, "Three years ago, I reattached three fingers on a pianist. He went on to give a recital for the Queen of England."

The second replied, "That's nothing. I attended a man in a car accident. All his arms and legs were severed from his body. Two years after I reattached them, he won three gold medals for field events in the Olympics."

The third said, "A few years back, I attended to a cowboy. He was high on pot and alcohol when he rode his horse head-on into a freight train traveling at 100 miles per hour. All I had to work with was the horse's ass and a ten gallon hat. Two years ago he became President of the United States."​

:D

Back