A few questions to Christians

samsara15

If this is a created universe, have there been other universes before this one? Is there an infinite past? If God is eternal, there was an infinity of time before this universe was created, or at least the potential for it. What happened in that time?

If God is postulated to be outside of time, what does it mean to be outside of time?

Are 'angels' demi-Gods or lesser Gods? Were they created?

Does the Bible ever actually say that God is the only God - after all, one of the Ten Commandments states that 'thou shalt put no other Gods before me"

Werbung:
If this is a created universe, have there been other universes before this one? Is there an infinite past? If God is eternal, there was an infinity of time before this universe was created, or at least the potential for it. What happened in that time?

If God is postulated to be outside of time, what does it mean to be outside of time?

Does the Bible ever actually say that God is the only God - after all, one of the Ten Commandments states that 'thou shalt put no other Gods before me"

As far as other universe's before this ... NO ONE knows the answer to that ... and your other questions ... we don't know every thing otherwise we wouldn't be humans .... Man has always created his own God's ... God is God and the only true God (meaning not created by man) .... angels are in the Bible and we are told that God Created all things in Heaven and on Earth so your answer is yes ... angels are not God's since there is only One God ... does this help ? ....

Christians go by the bible, the bible tells about the creation of the heavens and the earth. It does not go into detail about other worlds or universes. That does not mean there is not more out there just because the bible did not talk about it; it just means the bible was meant to tell the genealogy of a line of people and a message for all human kind.

I don’t think the human mind can grasp a number of things, what does it mean to be outside of time… is probably one of them.

Angles are created by the Creator according to scripture

I think there are a couple of places where it does say El is the one true God. It’s sort of complicated because if you look at a modern bible you see the words God and Lord but it was not always worded that way. Everyplace you see the word GOD in the Old Testament it used to say Elohim. Everyplace you see the word LORD in the Old Testament it used to say YHWH (the tetragramaton) then later changed to Jehovah then after arguing did it mean Yahweh or Jehovah they settled for LORD.

There was Ba’al and he had worshipers in those days and there were many other pagan gods that the Hebrew slaves knew about because of the Egyptians. Remember the story of the golden calf? Later there were Greek and Roman mythical gods. Were they real? not to me but some of the people still believed in them, sacrificed to them and put them before the Creator, real or not.

Thanks for your answers. I'm just trying to get a bead on some of the ideas that perculate through people's heads in regard to theit beliefs about questions that would seem to be speculative.

Werbung:
If this is a created universe, have there been other universes before this one?
I don't know.
Is there an infinite past?

God is from "everlasting to everlasting." that is about all I know on the subject. Physicists tell us that time had a beginning. You tell me how the two statements reconcile.
If God is eternal, there was an infinity of time before this universe was created, or at least the potential for it. What happened in that time?

I don't know that god's eternality (assuming that is the best word) means that time must have existed also. I don't know what happened before the universe was created.

I assume it would mean that he is like an observer who is outside of any other dimension. If I watch a 100 yard dash from the sidelines I have a different perspective than those who are in the race. It would mean that any constraint imposed on those within time would not apply to God.

Angels were created and they are not Gods.

Yes, many many times.

There are just a few references to gods (with a small g) which to almost everyone is obviously a reference to the gods that people create in their own minds. And to a "god" who claims that position for himself but who is not really a God.

Just my opinion.

Back