A Grand Slam!

But aren't they rights for all?

And isn't everyone in America considered innocent until proven guilty?

I think it is clear from your answer that you think it is good enough for your government to say someone is in al qaeda and that is it.

Despite the fact that their intelligence is very often wrong and you frequently imprison and punish innocent people.

At Guantanamo without even a trial.

The thing you probably don't understand is that these kind of rights were hard won to try to keep bad governments in check and preserve the rights of the individual.

When people start cheering about these rights being revoked they don't realise that one day this will come back and bite them too.

Werbung:
Goodmorning everyone. I watched the RNC last night and I must say that I was let down. Yes I am a democratic but this year I was keeping my mind open to listen to what each party has to say about their approach for the future. I must give props when props are due, she (Mrs.Palin) was good at attacking but I never heard once how she and Mr.Mccain will not use the usual Bush approach. This goes for Democratics, Republicans, and Independants once the cameras are taken away they all are different and speak different. They all are just like lawyers in a courtroom, they both are on opposite sides but when it is time to leave the courtroom, they meet up for lunch on the outside. My advice to both sides is to make sure your policies matches your talk. At this point I'm just going to rely on God for he is the author of all things.

Have a great day everyone.

You see the difference though is that the scope of issues covered in those votes is far and away on a larger scale what the Governor of Alaska deals with. She has done an alright job so far, dont get me wrong, but she hasnt had to deal with anything outside of the Alaska Fishbowl.

Did Obama do anything outside the ghetto fishbowl before he was elected senator and put on (at least the list) of several committees because of lib media hype? Has Obama ever won a contested election? Noooooo.....

If I were you I'd keep my counsel for a while.

She has not been tested yet.

But she is already spouting the kind of jingoistic crap about denying rights to people because you call them Al Qaeda.

I know you types don't actually like the principle of innocent until proven but you might if you were stuck in Guantanamo for years for doing nothing except being a muslim.

And see how she only has to mention Al Qaeda and you are all whooping.

That is precisely why the Bush adminsitration wanted 9/11 to happen.

And you are swallowing it wholesale.

Too bad we didn't apply that stupid idea in WWII - we would have hundreds of thousands of german POWS asking for a writ. :D

I look forward to when there's a real spontaneous answer needed to respond to a reporter about a complicated domestic or international issue. I look forward to the debates.:)[/COLOR]

Yaaaaa - and before, you Bots were saying "I look forward to when she gives the convention speech." :D

She criticised Obama for wanting to ensure that anyone accused of being in Al Qaeda should have their rights preserved.

Isn't that criticism unconstitutional?

Isn't there something somewhere in the long forgotten constituion or bill of rights about bebing innocent until proven guilty?

That applies to ordinary criminals einstein - wasn't rudolph hess held uncharged in the UK for most of WWII? Ewwwwww - no habeas corpus in the UK. :D

Goodmorning everyone. I watched the RNC last night and I must say that I was let down. Yes I am a democratic but this year I was keeping my mind open to listen to what each party has to say about their approach for the future. I must give props when props are due, she (Mrs.Palin) was good at attacking but I never heard once how she and Mr.Mccain will not use the usual Bush approach.

What do you mean by the "usual bush approach"??

Oh so if you say someone is in al qaeda that is all you have to do?

It is weird how people who have never fought to get the protection of civil rights are so ready to give them up.

You have no idea what the consequences of your neanderthal beliefs are do you?

It is weird how people who have never fought to get the protection of civil rights are so ready to give them up.

You have no idea what you're talking about - go read up - A LOT - and come back when you can handle your side better than me. :D

She did talk about Iraq, you just were not listening.

Obama and his "followers" have attacked her since day one, the media who adore and love obama has been doing same. This was her night to introduce herself. Apparently she cant even do that right :)

if you spread she has hiv that might get traction..... or maybe she is a lesbian? I am sure you can smear her really good between now and when i get off work :)

There's no reason to smear anything.

It is what it is. Palin was doing what she was picked to do... try and energize her base by attacking Obama's good works and making sure her base knew she was an Evangelist.

But you have to understand we have real problems and she submitted no substance, no how do we fix anything anywhere in her speech. It was good cheerleading for herself. It was good cheerleading for John McSame her running mate.

But we still get back to the fundamental issue. John McSame and Sara will both continue down the Bush path of policy. The only exceptions would be McSame is a little more inclined to go to war than Bush. And Sara would be a harder push to remove a woman's right to choose than Bush.

So it boils down to the same... plus worse. And I think Independents will run from this. 70% think we're on the wrong path. 70% don't think Roe should be overturned. 70%+ want us out of Iraq now.

It's going to all boil back down to... Do we stay the Same... or do we try a positive approach that Senator Obama advocates and dare to Change!

I'm betting on this being a change election.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvBODeF5IPA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W5IAPK0hbU

But you have to understand we have real problems and she submitted no substance, no how do we fix anything anywhere in her speech. It was good cheerleading for herself.

ROFLMAO!!!

An OBAMA supporter who's crying about LACK OF SUBSTANCE!!!!

Thats RICH!!!

BTW, who did you copy and paste that reply from? :rolleyes:

This is wrong...

Every law that has been passed and every executive decision grants American citizens all the same rights as they have always had. Fact remains, that we could not hold US citizens before like this and we still cannot, unless there is an actual reason.

These reasons include when we picked one up fighting in Afghanistan, (treason forfeits citizenship), and also when there was firm evidence of money laundering to terror groups. He was convicted in court.

OH Top you are just unhappy that she knocked everyones socks off last night,

record donations, so many who are proud to vote for her.

today I asked around a whole lot and i was right. she changed minds. many minds!

Werbung:

While the consequences of yours would be that Public Aid would be extended to all the citizens of all the other countries of the world while we would not have the power to tax any of them to pay for it.

Back