A Great-Opportunity For The "Pro-Life" Folks!

I am still waiting for a pro lifer to explain why a few brainless cells have a greater right to life than a fully grown adult.

Because when you commit premeditated murder (which can result in the death penalty) you have forfeited your right to life.

No one said they did not have the right until they committed the crime.

In such a case a jury of their peers gave them a fair trial in which evidence was laid out and presented and the person was found guilty and then sentenced to death.

After exhaustive appeals in the legal system, if their conviction is upheld, their sentence will finally be carried out.

In the case of an abortion, a baby is killed because 1 person does not want to be inconvenienced for 9 months. There is no appeals process, there is no jury of peers who decides, it is simply killing a baby out of convenience.

Werbung:
I am not talking about that

The death penalty means that innocent people will get executed.

This should be enough for pro lifers to want it abolished.

But they don't and that is pro hypocrisy.

They should oppose war because of the huge number of civilians that get killed.

But they don't and that is pro-hypocrisy.

I am still waiting for a pro lifer to explain why a few brainless cells have a greater right to life than a fully grown adult.

I dont think anyone has said a baby in the womb has a greater right to life than an adult person.

I would say they have equal rights unless carrying the child would kill the mother, then her rights would come first.

How difficult is this?

My question is crystal clear.

Why are so many pro lifers in favour of war and execution when both imply the death of innocent actual people?

This implies that they see the right to life of a few brainless cells to be greater than that of billions of cells that do have a brain as well as self awareness and friends and family.

Now could someone just answer the question instead of making up their own easy question and answering that?

Oh you can't because the only explanation is spectacular hypocrisy.

And my belief of what is behind this is the need by certain types to show how pious they are when in actual fact they are nasty pieces of work.

Because when you commit premeditated murder (which can result in the death penalty) you have forfeited your right to life.
....Kinda like those folks who were burned-at-the-stake (for being possessed), who also had an obligation to die, right?

In such a case a jury of their peers gave them a fair trial in which evidence was laid out and presented and the person was found guilty and then sentenced to death.
Yeah....and, eyewitnesses....don't forget how critical they are!!

In the case of an abortion, a baby is killed because 1 person does not want to be inconvenienced for 9 months.
You considered your last pregnancy to be an inconvenience, huh?

....Kinda like those folks who were burned-at-the-stake (for being possessed), who also had an obligation to die, right?

Hardly what I was referring to.

Yeah....and, eyewitnesses....don't forget how critical they are!!

Eyewitnesses are critical to a murder trial. But so is DNA evidence when it is available. The odds are convicting an innocent person today are quite slim.

You considered your last pregnancy to be an inconvenience, huh?

No, but then again I am not running off to have an abortion either.

They still exist and DNA evidence is nowhere near as reliable as people think.

Nor are forensics.

And poor defendents cannot cross examine expert witnesses who tell lies just like anyone else.

It sounds like you think that it is acceptable to execute innocent people.

In which case you are probably a very good pro lifer.

Killing guilty people is bad enough anyway. It brutalises society and achieves nothing but revenge.

They still exist and DNA evidence is nowhere near as reliable as people think.

Nor are forensics.

And poor defendents cannot take on expert witnesses who tell lies like anyone else.

It sounds like you think that it is acceptable to execute innocent people.

In which case you are probably a very good pro lifer.

Killing guilty people is bad enough anyway. It brutalises society and achieves nothing but revenge.

DNA evidence is important, and is pretty reliable. Add that to eyewitness accounts and witnesses and you have a compelling case.

As for executing innocent people, I believe the court system we have in place minimizes all possible risk of executing an innocent person, especially today. If appeal court after appeal court upholds your conviction, it is a safe bet you are most likely guilty.

So you are happy to have a system that will inevitably execute innocent people?

If your point was right then there would no longer be the release of convicted murderers who were subsequently found to be innocent.

Are you saying that will never happen again?

So you are happy to have a system that will inevitably execute innocent people?

If your point was right then there would no longer be the release of convicted murderers who were subsequently found to be innocent.

Are you saying that will never happen again?

No I am not saying it will never happen again, I have no doubt that it will, but it is the best system that we have in place. If you did away with every flawed system you would have to do away with everything.

No, you could do what nearly every civilsed country in the world has done and abolish the death penalty.

Your post is a perfect exemplification of the hypocrisy of pro-lifers.

It is the easiest thing in the world to abolish the death penalty and thereby avoid murdering people but you obviously value those lives very lightly compared to a few brainless cells.

Are you prepared to be executed for a crime you didn't commit?

Eyewitnesses are critical to a murder trial. But so is DNA evidence when it is available. The odds are convicting an innocent person today are quite slim.
The subject is not convictions. The subject is EXECUTIONS.

A reasonable/civilized-person would consider the obvious.

"Moralists"/Pro-Lifers would prefer a good-ol'-fashioned stoning....no questions asked....like any other lynch-mob. It just seems they can't give-up that age-old tradition of blood-sacrifices.....especially when there's so much entertainment-value, for them.

No, but then again I am not running off to have an abortion either.
.....And, never will have to make the decision, right? :rolleyes:

How convenient, for American Society's (self-proclaimed) Patriarchs.

As for executing innocent people, I believe the court system we have in place minimizes all possible risk of executing an innocent person, especially today.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooo....."...minimizes...", huh?

I'm sure that warms the hearts of those Innocents, sitting on Death Row.

If appeal court after appeal court upholds your conviction, it is a safe bet you are most likely guilty.
Yeah....we've gotta put more effort into minimizing those endless-appeals.

Hell.....look at all o' the money that's wasted.....right?

Werbung:
Back