A New Black Perspective

Keep in mind that many in the State Department hated Powell because he leaned too far left on many issues. To classify him as a die hard rightwinger like many people do is a big mistake.

Uh...

That would be what I would LIKE about him! :cool:

But the point for this thread's argument is that Powell, or his twin of experience, credibility and grit, would be the area black americans should sink their support behind.

Putting it behind Obama to "further" their cause would be like women putting our efforts behind one of Heffner's "The Girls Next Door" to further the cause of women's plight by "representin'" women from all walks of life. Yeah, maybe "Kendra"...

Gawd! :eek:

I just think the black-american romance with Obama is going to end in heartbreak and a public scandal that they'll really have trouble living down..

Werbung:
Should Obama be elected, and prove to be an inept leader who leaves the country worse off than it was before his election, then that could be a step backward for "black America". Maybe you have a point there, and maybe not.

Is the inept leadership of the current POTUS that has left the country worse off than before the election an indication that "White America" has taken a step backward?

It seems to me that the sword should cut both ways.

Should Obama be elected, and prove to be an inept leader who leaves the country worse off than it was before his election, then that could be a step backward for "black America".

What an amazing sentiment. If Obama screwed up america, the only concern is it's a "step backward" for blacks!! :eek: Blacks have been given every privilege this country can dole out. Any "steps forward" for them would be for them to correct their own social pathologies - the election of an incompetent president of any race isn't a "step forward" for anybody, and there is wayyyyyyyyy to much navel gazing about race in this country, while HUGE important issues are unattended to.

Obama can only be a learning experience for the US and a learning experience for blacks. Obama's direction could never do more harm than is already done by Bush but I'm not all that convinced that the people are preparte yet to accept the potential good he could do. I fear that Libs may have more support for his ideology than meets the eye. Especially when it is evident that Obama can't even be truthful and express his truth sentiments about his country's plight without suffering hte wrath of the flagwavers and the christians.

Obama can only be a learning experience for the US and a learning experience for blacks. Obama's direction could never do more harm than is already done by Bush but I'm not all that convinced that the people are preparte yet to accept the potential good he could do. I fear that Libs may have more support for his ideology than meets the eye. Especially when it is evident that Obama can't even be truthful and express his truth sentiments about his country's plight without suffering hte wrath of the flagwavers and the christians.

The only "learning experience" devolving from Obama and his Bot army, is an instructive lesson on how the lib media plus hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars of lib money can get millions of idiots to vote for an empty shell, someone who is not much more than a human media event.

The only "learning experience" devolving from Obama and his Bot army, is an instructive lesson on how the lib media plus hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars of lib money can get millions of idiots to vote for an empty shell, someone who is not much more than a human media event.

Insert Bush for Obama , go back 8 years, change Libs to Repubs...and I agree....

The Republicans can vote Bush into office and then later complained someone does not have enough Foreign policy experience....is kinda sad.

Insert Bush for Obama , go back 8 years, change Libs to Repubs...and I agree....

The Republicans can vote Bush into office and then later complained someone does not have enough Foreign policy experience....is kinda sad.

Yes, it is sad, and kind of scary. It is even more scary that the next pres might be just as bad, or even worse.:eek:

Yeah, that's what I said.

Obama as the first black president to "represent" will be as good of an idea as having one of Hefner's bimbos representing for women the first time around.

It's just a sad setup for black americans. What a lacking "front man" for their cause..:(

If they could only plead with Colin Powell. Put the energy there and really make a success of it. :)

The next president worse than Bush? It's a virtual guarantee with either of the two buffoons currently seen as "the candidates".

It's loooonnnnngggg past time that everyone got rid of this "Black perspective", "White perspective", "Latino perspective", this perspective, that perspective, and the other perspective, and started concentrating on an AMERICAN perspective.

agree. I would take it further and concentrate on a PEOPLE perspective.....if there has to be a "perspective" at all.

Of course that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be found guilty of treason in a military court and shot dead for it.

Nah, what the US would do is make HEROS with ceremonial medal presentations out of this batch of criminals that infested the USG for almost eight years. Ya see, there are some strict guiding "principles' in the US. The good guys get assassinated. The bad guys get promoted to heros. The trouble is , that it is getting harder to know the difference there now.;) Speaks to the "value system " in effect.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Obama as the first black president to "represent" will be as good of an idea as having one of Hefner's bimbos representing for women the first time around.

It's just a sad setup for black americans. What a lacking "front man" for their cause..:(

If they could only plead with Colin Powell. Put the energy there and really make a success of it. :)

The next president worse than Bush? It's a virtual guarantee with either of the two buffoons currently seen as "the candidates".

Well let me ask you this then S.

Would Obama be doing the Dirty Sanchez and the Cleavland Steamer to his "bimbos" the way Bill Clinton did to Monica with Hillary and Chelsea in the next room. Hillary swearing all along that head banging noise was just a huge Right Wing conspiracy?

Just a question. Don't know if you thought Senator Obama might have learned something from Bill and the whole "Impeachment" thing or not.

I probably have some pics somewhere of Monica and the Prez... Oh yeah here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJJbGBwRqm0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDXc4MUg9v8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLPNuKi_VTc

Well in a perfect world there would be only "people" perspective. The fact still remains that discrimination still does exist. I'm not black, but I can tell you I'll let go of women's issue the minute they no longer are issues....

Until then, the fight is on...

And I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's the same for black-americans..

There are exceptions to every rule of course. Just as there are some women who have been held equal and never seem to experience the subtle "second-class" glass ceiling, there are people of dark skin and african descent who've lived a life of ease and equality. Obama seems to be one of those in fact..

But when the majority of a class of people are treated differently, second-class, then the issues are real.

In a perfect world we wouldn't be having this discussion. Look around, if you're a member of any of the sects of the glass-ceiling club, you'll know just how imperfect it is.

So I started this thread when it occured to me that if blacks really wanted to bolster their cause, they'd do it best with another black candidate. Obama just isn't their guy to carry the torch to good end. When his smooth talk ends and he begins to flounder under pressure (see: "are we done?" Obama in Hawaii responding to questions about Russia invading Georgia). On vacation, the onset of WWIII wasn't going to interfere with some good surf..

I'm telling you, the equivalent is like Kendra from Heffner's "Girls Next Door" taking the Oval Office as the first woman president. It would be disasterous in the long term for women's equality.

It's a potent and compelling point to consider.

YAAAAAAAAAAA :D -- the lib media supported Bush. :p That's stupid EVEN FOR YOU! :D

Werbung:
Well in a perfect world there would be only "people" perspective. The fact still remains that discrimination still does exist. I'm not black, but I can tell you I'll let go of women's issue the minute they no longer are issues....

Until then, the fight is on...

And I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's the same for black-americans..

There are exceptions to every rule of course. Just as there are some women who have been held equal and never seem to experience the subtle "second-class" glass ceiling, there are people of dark skin and african descent who've lived a life of ease and equality. Obama seems to be one of those in fact..

But when the majority of a class of people are treated differently, second-class, then the issues are real.

In a perfect world we wouldn't be having this discussion. Look around, if you're a member of any of the sects of the glass-ceiling club, you'll know just how imperfect it is.

So I started this thread when it occured to me that if blacks really wanted to bolster their cause, they'd do it best with another black candidate. Obama just isn't their guy to carry the torch to good end. When his smooth talk ends and he begins to flounder under pressure (see: "are we done?" Obama in Hawaii responding to questions about Russia invading Georgia). On vacation, the onset of WWIII wasn't going to interfere with some good surf..

I'm telling you, the equivalent is like Kendra from Heffner's "Girls Next Door" taking the Oval Office as the first woman president. It would be disasterous in the long term for women's equality.

It's a potent and compelling point to consider.

The above is out of the Twilight Zone. :D You sound like an idealistic lib, circa 1960. But it's 2008. :rolleyes: US Blacks are the most privileged large class of people who ever existed in the history of the world. White women are the largest beneficiaries numerically of "affirmative action" by far. Title IX has decimated University men's sports. 3/5 of US undergraduates are women, and Family court and divorce court are as stacked against men as they've ever been. Escape the Lib Parallel Universe - if you can. :rolleyes:

Back