A Preview Of Obama's Afghanistan-Policy???

Mr. Shaman

"When Matthew Hoh joined the Foreign Service early this year, he was exactly the kind of smart civil-military hybrid the administration was looking for to help expand its development efforts in Afghanistan.

A former Marine Corps captain with combat experience in Iraq, Hoh had also served in uniform at the Pentagon, and as a civilian in Iraq and at the State Department. By July, he was the senior U.S. civilian in Zabul province, a Taliban hotbed.

But last month, in a move that has sent ripples all the way to the White House, Hoh, 36, became the first U.S. official known to resign in protest over the Afghan war, which he had come to believe simply fueled the insurgency.

"I have lost understanding of and confidence in the strategic purposes of the United States' presence in Afghanistan," he wrote Sept. 10 in a four-page letter to the department's head of personnel. "I have doubts and reservations about our current strategy and planned future strategy, but my resignation is based not upon how we are pursuing this war, but why and to what end."

"I'm not some peacenik, pot-smoking hippie who wants everyone to be in love," Hoh said. Although he said his time in Zabul was the "second-best job I've ever had," his dominant experience is from the Marines, where many of his closest friends still serve.

"There are plenty of dudes who need to be killed," he said of al-Qaeda and the Taliban. "I was never more happy than when our Iraq team whacked a bunch of guys."

But many Afghans, he wrote in his resignation letter, are fighting the United States largely because its troops are there -- a growing military presence in villages and valleys where outsiders, including other Afghans, are not welcome and where the corrupt, U.S.-backed national government is rejected. While the Taliban is a malign presence, and Pakistan-based al-Qaeda needs to be confronted, he said, the United States is asking its troops to die in Afghanistan for what is essentially a far-off civil war.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/26/AR2009102603394.html?hpid=topnews"

See: Vietnam
"We found that not only was it a civil war, an effort by a people who had for years been seeking their liberation from any colonial influence whatsoever, but also we found that the Vietnamese whom we had enthusiastically molded after our own image were hard put to take up the fight against the threat we were supposedly saving them from.

We found most people didn't even know the difference between communism and democracy. They only wanted to work in rice paddies without helicopters strafing them and bombs with napalm burning their villages and tearing their country apart. They wanted everything to do with the war, particularly with this foreign presence of the United States of America, to leave them alone in peace, and they practiced the art of survival by siding with whichever military force was present at a particular time, be it Vietcong, North Vietnamese, or American.

Each day to facilitate the process by which the United States washes her hands of Vietnam someone has to give up his life so that the United States doesn't have to admit something that the entire world already knows, so that we can't say they we have made a mistake. Someone has to die so that President Nixon won't be, and these are his words, "the first President to lose a war."

Werbung:

I believe all the questions and doubts we American Citizens have concerning Obama's actions while serving as our president could be answered if we
KNEW EXACTLY WHICH SIDE IS HE ADVOCATING? Is he for or against the terrorists, Is he pro American Military or anti American military ? Does he believe our CONSTITUTION or does he hate it as he claims ,he says it RESTRICTS his actions . These questions plus many more need to be answered , not by a politicial hack, but by Obama. Millions of Americans fear what the truth is . I doubt if any real truth can flow from this White House.
It is sad! Our Military personel are dying while obama is lying!, death comes to our troops while he "shoots hoops",He enjoys shooting "off his mouth" and trying to "shoot Golf". We thought we elected a president and what we got is a typical Country Club resident. "ALL HAT and NO CATTLE"
GOD have mercy on our troops! They certainly deserve much better!

Your comment is stupid, even by your sewer standards. If you really can't stand America, and that's a likely possibility since you can't accept our election process, take your slimy, ignorant sorry carcus and go find somewhere you like.

I believe all the questions and doubts we American Citizens have concerning Obama's actions while serving as our president could be answered if we
KNEW EXACTLY WHICH SIDE IS HE ADVOCATING?
Well...ya' see...Obama isn't a Decider, like Lil' Dumbya (i.e. make a snap-decision, close your eyes, cross your fingers...and, hope you haven't screwed-up one-MORE-thing).​

October 2, 2003

"News is gloomy on the domestic economic front, too. Despite some signs of fiscal recovery, Bush could be the first president since Herbert Hoover to end a first term with fewer jobs than when he started. Since he became president, the nation has lost 2.7 million payroll jobs.

According to the U.S. Census, more than a million Americans sank into poverty last year. Health costs have soared so radically that 43.6 million Americans now are without health insurance, the largest increase in a decade.

The country has the largest federal budget deficit in history, strangling government programs and forcing deep cuts in public services and hefty increases in fees for many formerly free services."

No...you're gonna have to wait until all the data's in (you know, like you folks say, about Evolution :rolleyes:), and allow Obama to make an informed-decision....rather-than that Bush-style crap-shoot.

:rolleyes:

Well...ya' see...Obama isn't a Decider, like Lil' Dumbya (i.e. make a snap-decision, close your eyes, cross your fingers...and, hope you haven't screwed-up one-MORE-thing).

No...you're gonna have to wait until all the data's in (you know, like you folks say, about Evolution :rolleyes:), and allow Obama to make an informed-decision....rather-than that Bush-style crap-shoot.

But!! , what if it were your son or daughter that is dying because of his timid , or cowardly thought process. Hmmm? mean come on! surely the lives of our military must come first over basketball, golf , 150 dollar a pound stakes, and stepping in dog poop. I bet our White House smells and our oval office carpet stains are worse than clintons dna stains were. lol,lol
Will not be long before the dog runs away!

Werbung:
But!! , what if it were your son or daughter that is dying because of his timid , or cowardly thought process.
I'd wonder how there could have been so many ignorant-"conservatives" who've ENCOURAGED this/these War/Wars, so FAR!!!!

How DO you folks sleep-at-night, after the carnage you've initiated!!!!!!

"Let us learn our lessons. Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy or that anyone who embarks on that strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter.

The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events. Antiquated war offices, weak, incompetent or arrogant commanders, untrustworthy allies, hostile neutrals, malignant fortune, ugly surprise, awful miscalculations. ... Always remember, however sure you are that you could easily win, that there would not be a war if the other man did not think he also had a chance."

Back