A sign of the times

Little-Acorn

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19078194169...l?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=190781941697&_rdc=1

I don't know which is more significant:

1.) The reference to this item by a commonly-used-and-abused title, which might have even been somewhat true back then;
2.) The fact that it's got more than 60 bids already (and counting) with a price over $200 (ditto);
3.) The number of times the seller had to remind readers of what it really was, for fear eBay would throw up their hands in horror and delete it anyway for the safety of us all. Which they might still do.

Check out the questions and answers too. 6 pages and counting.

Werbung:
Someone bid $255 for a rock?

Just because the seller called it a cave man assault rock?

Yes, it must be a sign of the times, but what does it mean? I wonder how I could get people to bid 255 bucks on a rock? I have several in my yard. Perhaps I could find one with an image of the Virgin Mary (held just so, and squinting your left eye in just the right way) or something. Maybe I could claim it was the missing piece of the Aztec calendar, showing that the end of the world is actually scheduled for this year. Obviously, some people will believe anything. Why shouldn't I make a few bucks on PT Barnum's observation that there is a sucker born every minute?

Werbung:
Back