a sort of playoff for college football to happen ?

dogtowner

Staff member
looks that way

but I'll believe it when I see it. how to pick the 4 and how to bowl ? rotate the BCS bowls to serve as semi's and final. simple.

Yes, major college football is on the verge of implementing a playoff, its own version of the final four. Two semifinals and a title game.
There's still plenty left to figure out, though. First of all, where and when to play the games and how the bowls fit in. After that, Slive and his cohorts have to come up with a way to select the four teams. The new postseason format would go into effect for the 2014 season.

Werbung:
I like 8 Teams playoffs. My Idea is this in December #1 vs #8 ,,#2 vs #7,, #3 vs #6 # #4 vs #5 top 4 gets an home game. The Remaning 4 would look like this Winner of #1 vs #8 will play Winner of #3 vs #6 in Fiesta Bowl. Winner of #2 vs #7 vs Winner of #4 vs #5 in Orange Bowl Then two remaining teams called Natinal Championship Bowl located where NFL superbowl is 1 week before superbowl on Satuday 7PM kickoff.

I like 8 Teams playoffs. My Idea is this in December #1 vs #8 ,,#2 vs #7,, #3 vs #6 # #4 vs #5 top 4 gets an home game. The Remaning 4 would look like this Winner of #1 vs #8 will play Winner of #3 vs #6 in Fiesta Bowl. Winner of #2 vs #7 vs Winner of #4 vs #5 in Orange Bowl Then two remaining teams called Natinal Championship Bowl located where NFL superbowl is 1 week before superbowl on Satuday 7PM kickoff.

I would prefer more as well but for each playoff game you have thats two crappier getting no bowl game. Those middle of the packers count on that bowl money to pay the tab.

Werbung:
Like i said,,, top 8 teams means you have a chance. Do not go by Strenth of schedule unless teams have a tie record. For example if 3 Teams top ranked 12-0 then the one with the toughest record gets #1 seed and goes down. And all Conferances must have a championship game. That puts pressure on teams holding on to that ranking. Then top 4 teams gets an home playoff game winners advance eather to Fiesta Bowl or Orange Bowl. Fiesta Bowl on Jan 1st 7PM 5PM west coast kickoff Orange Bowl on Jan 2nd 7PM kickoff. And then Natinal Championship Bowl in Giants Stadium Saturday night Jan 25th 7PM.

Back