A Suggestion For Our Republican Friends

Greco

Since Republicans are convinced there is no inappropriate place to bring a firearm, especially to national parks and town hall meetings with the president, I have a suggestion for them.

If you really believe it's a swell idea to have angry, armed citizens, especially those that selected a fully loaded semi-automatic assault rifle, attend these town hall meetings, don't stop there. Pick up the phone and call your Representative in Washington, call your Senators and tell them you have a great idea for them. You can suggest that they remove all the prohibitions against bringing a firearm, especially a semi-automatic assault rifle, when anyone wants to visit the Capitol. You can explain to them how great it would be to look up at the visitor's gallery and see all those lovely, fully loaded firearms. No screening, no background checks, just grab your weapon of choice and head to the Capitol. You might even mention to them that since they're always looking for ways to cut government spending, how much they'll save for the taxpayers by having all those needless security guards depart.

After you have your conversation with your Washington delegation you can report back on the progress of your suggestion.

Werbung:
Since Republicans are convinced there is no inappropriate place to bring a firearm, especially to national parks and town hall meetings with the president, I have a suggestion for them.

If you really believe it's a swell idea to have angry, armed citizens, especially those that selected a fully loaded semi-automatic assault rifle, attend these town hall meetings, don't stop there. Pick up the phone and call your Representative in Washington, call your Senators and tell them you have a great idea for them. You can suggest that they remove all the prohibitions against bringing a firearm, especially a semi-automatic assault rifle, when anyone wants to visit the Capitol. You can explain to them how great it would be to look up at the visitor's gallery and see all those lovely, fully loaded firearms. No screening, no background checks, just grab your weapon of choice and head to the Capitol. You might even mention to them that since they're always looking for ways to cut government spending, how much they'll save for the taxpayers by having all those needless security guards depart.

After you have your conversation with your Washington delegation you can report back on the progress of your suggestion.

What Republican has advocated for the ability to bring a gun into a town hall with the President?

Showing up at a town hall meeting with a gun is stupid. Why are the Republican protesters so afraid of life that they think they need to pack heat everytime they leave home? Bringing a fully loaded semi-automatic assault rifle to a town hall meeting or any other public place just because you can is equally stupid, actually even more stupid.

If you need an absurd example to grasp this concept, try this one on.

In your home town there probably isn't any law against flatulating. If you and your boyfriend go out to dinner at a restaurant and some Republican comes up behind your chair, turns around and starts passing gas that's kind of dumb. If a dozen Republicans come up behind you and they all start farting on you, it must be ok since there's no law against it. If you object to the farting, you have to be reminded it's ok, it's appropriate since they're within the law. I guess you and your boyfriend might think otherwise, especially since it's in a restaurant, while you're dining, but you don't have a right to object, because it's within the law.

Get the picture now?

Showing up at a town hall meeting with a gun is stupid. Why are the Republican protesters so afraid of life that they think they need to pack heat everytime they leave home? Bringing a fully loaded semi-automatic assault rifle to a town hall meeting or any other public place just because you can is equally stupid, actually even more stupid.

In your home town there probably isn't any law against flatulating. If you and your boyfriend go out to dinner at a restaurant and some Republican comes up behind your chair, turns around and starts passing gas that's kind of dumb. If a dozen Republicans come up behind you and they all start farting on you, it must be ok since there's no law against it. If you object to the farting, you have to be reminded it's ok, it's appropriate since they're within the law. I guess you and your boyfriend might think otherwise, especially since it's in a restaurant, while you're dining, but you don't have a right to object, because it's within the law.

Get the picture now?

In other words, no republican advocated that. So let's move on.

Get the picture now?

I get the picture that you are unable to provide any republican that has advocated for what you claim they did. Typical.

Republicans are all over cable and broadcast television defending the act of having armed protesters at town hall meetings. Deny it all you want, it doesn't alter the truth. You keep trying to serve up the defense of it with distorted logic that since no laws were broken it must be a good idea.

Just because the highway sign says the speed limit is 70mph doesn't make it a good idea to drive that fast under all condiditions like rain and ice. You refuse to allow the dots to connect. Typical.

Republicans are all over cable and broadcast television defending the act of having armed protesters at town hall meetings. Deny it all you want, it doesn't alter the truth. You keep trying to serve up the defense of it with distorted logic that since no laws were broken it must be a good idea.

Just because the highway sign says the speed limit is 70mph doesn't make it a good idea to drive that fast under all condiditions like rain and ice. You refuse to allow the dots to connect. Typical.

What credible Republican has been advocating for people to bring weapons to rallies with the President? That was your original claim, and you remain incapable of offering evidence of such.

The fact is that no Republican gets on the news and says we ought to bring weapons to rallies with the President, which is a clear violation of the law. What people are defending is the ability to follow the law, which is exactly what these people have done.

You may not think something is a good idea, but that alone does not mean that someone who disagrees with you is a "nut." If you have a problem with the law, why do you not lobby to get it changed instead of demonizing those who followed it?

Further, I never said his taking weapons to the rally was a "good idea." That is just another distortion on your part. I have said that no laws were broken, and it was a peaceful event, so why do you attack those who followed the law?

I get the picture that you are unable to provide any republican that has advocated for what you claim they did. Typical.

C'mon, BigRob, give little greco a break. If he couldn't tell fibs and make up stuff about conservatives, he'd have nothing to say about them at all.

That would be terrible. :rolleyes:

"What credible Republican has been advocating for people to bring weapons to rallies with the President? That was your original claim, and you remain incapable of offering evidence of such."

Apparently you have a comprehension problem. I never once said Republicans, much less a credible Republican (if there is such a thing) advocated for people to bring weapons to rallies with the president. Your claim is a lie. Try re-reading the post.

Dumb is dumb. Going 70 miles per hour on an icy road, even if that's the posted speed limit is dumb.

"If he couldn't tell fibs and make up stuff about conservatives, he'd have nothing to say about them at all."

Your little stooge, Little-Acorn excuses your lies, but then accuses me of lying for showcasing them. Two brilliant minds thinking alike.

The fact is that no Republican gets on the news and says we ought to bring weapons to rallies with the President, which is a clear violation of the law. What people are defending is the ability to follow the law, which is exactly what these people have done.

You may not think something is a good idea, but that alone does not mean that someone who disagrees with you is a "nut." If you have a problem with the law, why do you not lobby to get it changed instead of demonizing those who followed it?

Further, I never said his taking weapons to the rally was a "good idea." That is just another distortion on your part. I have said that no laws were broken, and it was a peaceful event, so why do you attack those who followed the law?

Apparently you have a comprehension problem. I never once said Republicans, much less a credible Republican (if there is such a thing) advocated for people to bring weapons to rallies with the president. Your claim is a lie. Try re-reading the post.

You state "Since Republicans are convinced there is no inappropriate place to bring a firearm, especially to national parks and town hall meetings with the president, I have a suggestion for them."

Never said Republicans huh? Who exactly are you talking about then when you say "Republicans?" Since you claim Republicans think it is a good idea, I want evidence of this coming from credible Republicans. You have yet to provide any.

Dumb is dumb. Going 70 miles per hour on an icy road, even if that's the posted speed limit is dumb.

Dumb is not illegal.

Your little stooge, Little-Acorn excuses your lies, but then accuses me of lying for showcasing them. Two brilliant minds thinking alike.

Of course anyone who agrees with me is obviously a "stooge." Once again, attacking the messenger instead of the message.

You make it so easy.

It's not the Democrats that are blathering and defending bringing guns town hall meetings. Flash for you... it's the Republicans. You made the false claim, not me.

You're correct dumb is not illegal. Again, I never said it was. I maintain bring guns to town hall meetings is dumb.

Little-Acorn is a stooge. He accused me of lying, absent of one single fact. That's the act of a stooge.

You make it so easy.

It's not the Democrats that are blathering and defending bringing guns town hall meetings.

Again, no one brought a gun into a town hall meeting. What people are defending is the right to follow the law, which is exactly what these people have done.

Flash for you... it's the Republicans. You made the false claim, not me.

What false claim did I make? Have you proved that anyone carrying a gun at these town halls was even a Republican? No, instead you attack those who defend people who are being raked over the coals for doing nothing.

You're correct dumb is not illegal. Again, I never said it was. I maintain bring guns to town hall meetings is dumb.

I have not said otherwise, I am simply stating it violated no law, it was peaceful, and your rush to classify them as "loons" is nothing more than your personal opinion.

Bringing a gun to a town hall meeting, including a fully loaded semi-automatic weapon, is a dumb idea. Just because it isn't illegal doesn't make it any less dumb.

"What false claim did I make? Have you proved that anyone carrying a gun at these town halls was even a Republican? No, instead you attack those who defend people who are being raked over the coals for doing nothing."

I guess you need to read this again....

"What credible Republican has been advocating for people to bring weapons to rallies with the President? That was your original claim, and you remain incapable of offering evidence of such."

"I have not said otherwise, I am simply stating it violated no law, it was peaceful, and your rush to classify them as "loons" is nothing more than your personal opinion."

Well duh! You're a "moderator" and you don't understand message board sites are all about expressing personal opinion? And by the way, it most certainly is my personal opinion that anyone that feels compelled to bring a loaded assault rifle to a town hall meeting is a loon. I'd have the same personal opinion if they came wearing a ballet tu-tu, or with their britches stuffed with dead fish, but that's not as dangerous. It's unnessary, unwarranted, uncalled for, inappropriate and dumb.

Bringing a gun to a town hall meeting, including a fully loaded semi-automatic weapon, is a dumb idea. Just because it isn't illegal doesn't make it any less dumb.

Never said I thought it was a great idea.

No, you just stated "Republicans are convinced there is no inappropriate place to bring a firearm, especially to national parks and town hall meetings with the president..." I simply want to know how you justify such a blanket assertion?

Now, you claim Republicans are convinced of this, so it stands to reason that there is a reason they are convinced of it, such as leaders stating that or something else. I want to know what it is that you are basing this blanket assumption on.

Well duh! You're a "moderator" and you don't understand message board sites are all about expressing personal opinion? And by the way, it most certainly is my personal opinion that anyone that feels compelled to bring a loaded assault rifle to a town hall meeting is a loon. I'd have the same personal opinion if they came wearing a ballet tu-tu, or with their britches stuffed with dead fish, but that's not as dangerous. It's unnessary, unwarranted, uncalled for, inappropriate and dumb.

I might feel it is dumb as well, but I have no problem with the person doing it, and I would defend their right to do so, provided it did not violate any standing laws.

However, you took your opinion, and then translated into a blanket statement about an entire party based on nothing tangible. That "logic" might fly in middle school, but not in the real world.

Your assertion is akin to me saying "Since John Edwards fathered an illegitimate child, the Democratic Party must support fathering illegitimate children. Why don't all Democrats (since they clearly support this) call their Congresspeople and demand to be able to father illegitimate children in the House gallery." Such blanket generalizations, such as yours, are simply ridiculous.

Werbung:
Now why would anyone think Republicans are defending this? Could it be the volume of posts made by conservatives defending this? Could it be the volume of conservaties interviewed on television that support this? By the way, I never said the "entire party". That's another of your whoppers. I believe the majority supports this, but probably not the "entire party".

Maybe telling whoppers works in your middle school, but not in the real world.

Your attempt at analogy with John Edwards is too amateurish and quite ridiculous. It would work if only one conservative was defending this action, but it's more than one. You could have used the example of Strom Thurmond fathering a black child, meaning all Republicans support mixed race affairs. It too would have been amateurish and quite ridiculous.

Back