A thought about the recent drop in oil prices:

Bob707

The drop in oil and gasoline prices across the country coincides with the onset of the mid-term election season in a way that makes Joe and Jane Consumer have a more favorable view of the "money-hungry oil companies."
Joe and Jane Consumer will be likely to forget about their negative feelings and distrust of the oil companies. Where am I going with this, you ask? Well, which of the two political parties is more closely associated with Big Oil? Answer: The Republicans! Is it possible that agents acting in the interests of the GOP got together with similar agents working for Big Oil to insure that gasoline prices would drop during the election season? Just another crazy, baseless, conspiracy theory? Maybe, but look for oil prices to increase dramatically now that the elections are all but over. The Republicans may not be good at honest governance, but they are very good at mischief.

Werbung:
Is it possible that agents acting in the interests of the GOP got together with similar agents working for Big Oil to insure that gasoline prices would drop during the election season? Just another crazy, baseless, conspiracy theory? Maybe, but look for oil prices to increase dramatically now that the elections are all but over. The Republicans may not be good at honest governance, but they are very good at mischief.

Wouldn't this make the GOP look very bad considering they just held the House and retook the Senate? I don't ascribe this much power to politicians, they're nowhere near as powerful as they would like you to believe they are.

I don't know who, if anyone, is responsible for the slide in oil prices, but let's enjoy it while we can. It's bound to come up again sooner or later.
I heard a station somewhere in Oklahoma (?) broke t he $2 per gallon barrier. I was impressed when it came below $3 in California. $2.72 is my record low recent price, at Costco.

It just makes me think about a year ago how Fox News was yelling about the price being to high and it was obamas fault...then it dropped and all of the sudden lower prices where bad and it was...yep Obamas fault.

Regardless of prices today its a finite resource that demand is growing...basic economics will take effect again and it will keep going up...That or Oil Subidies will go away...lol jk they will never do that. was nice to fill my tank for under 30 ( by like 20 cents but hey under 30.

Its no mystery. Demand down supply up.
Demand down is aided by BOs stranglehold on economic forces. Supply up despite BO.
I didn't know Obama had that much power over a commodity with a price set by world economic conditions. I didn't even think he had a lot to do with US economy, let alone world. Go figure.

I didn't know Obama had that much power over a commodity with a price set by world economic conditions. I didn't even think he had a lot to do with US economy, let alone world. Go figure.
well you see when things are bad, he has all the power in the world..when its good...its all what ever branch of congress republicans have doing it...when they have none its the free market in spite of him....even though all the market has done since he took office is improve, add jobs ( after a few months to get things going) and had record breaking Stock market....But you know the President has no control of those...but also its his fault its not doing...what ever it is Dog things it should be doing....

Policy can aid or impede the economy and our economy influences all the rest. As you know.

I cannot wait for airlines to drop fuel surcharges altogether. Currently, we are paying over $500 for a fuel surcharge per round-trip flight. I got used to cheap air travel in the early 2000s, making me feel like being ripped off everytime I fly, and I don't feel like travelling anymore.

Werbung:
Back