1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

A True & Deserved Tongue-Lashing for the Media

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by TruthAboveAll, Oct 23, 2008.

1. TruthAboveAll

TruthAboveAll Active Member

During a recent bout of researching, I stumbled across this article, Would the Last Honest Reporter Please Turn On the Lights? I'm sending the link to this out via e-mail to all my contacts, as it is a clear, clarion warning to the public about the shenanigans of the MSM.

Opening:

Much of the body of the piece is details about the sub-prime/financial tsunami. A part of it:

And a direct confrontational section, in part:

Finally, some hard-to-swallow icing on the cake:

These are my selected highlights. The piece is lengthy, and at a few points a bit repetitious, but it's so filled with truth I wanted to do my part to try to get it out there...

2. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

Journalism died

3. TruthAboveAll

TruthAboveAll Active Member

I agree with Card, it's not too late. Close to that cliff, and on life support, but still a chance... Of course, if BO gets elected, he and the CongreDems can work on a big financial bail-out for the failing media. Newspapers are going belly up all over the place. My suspicion is that it is due to, in PART, the fact that so many of them have lost all credibility.

4. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

if he gets in the first thing he will target is fox news and all conservative talk radio. if he can silence them he can play god for as long as he wants

5. Mr. Carpenter

Mr. Carpenter New Member

Yes it did, a VERY long time ago. The formal announcement of it's death was on February 27th of 1968 when Walter Cronkite, perhaps the most well respected 'journalist' of his day, made the pronouncement that "we are mired in a stalemate that could only be ended by negotiation, not victory.", completely ignoring the fact that we had completely routed the NVA and VC in the Tet Offensive.

He abandoned any and all pretext of "objective" journalism, completely ignored all of the facts of our victory, and is, IMNSHO, the original "surrender monkey" of which there are many of his progeny here today.