Aboriginals attack Australian Prime Minister

Aus22

Yesterday , Australia Day, some aboriginals attack the Australian Prime Minister aqnd Opposition leader. They try to prevent them entering a car. Security had to help both. The Prime Minister Julie Gillard lost a shoe.

The Aboriginals were protesting against threats to close down their tent embassy.

Werbung:
Dogtower, It is true that aborigjnals have many complaints. The latest is a speech by the Opposition Leader which they thought meant he was going to close a tent near Parliament House call an embassy.It has been there 4o years.
They also object to us celebrating Australian Day on the date the first white settlers arrived. They call it invasion Day.

Dogtower, It is true that aborigjnals have many complaints. The latest is a speech by the Opposition Leader which they thought meant he was going to close a tent near Parliament House call an embassy.It has been there 4o years.
They also object to us celebrating Australian Day on the date the first white settlers arrived. They call it invasion Day.

ah, thx for the heads up. well after 40 years its kind of stupid to put one's foot down now. then again, after many more years I doubt there is any point in arguing the date's significance but I can see their point.

there as here maybe its time to bury the hatchet ansx figure out a way to move forward positively. hope things turn oiut well as opposed to ugly mate.

Dogtower, The Australia government has made many concessions to the Aboriginals. They have said sorry for past treatment. They had recongnise the prior
attack on Australian PM.
occupation by aboriginals. They have given some land back but only in desert areas.
I agree that there is no point in getting rid of the embassy after40 years. As I said in another post , protestors have the right to have some land for their protest..
Changing the date for Australia Day will be hard. Some suggest it should be the openning of Federal Parliament which is hard as it is January 1 but the first session was in May.. It will take time to change and might be too late.
The aboriginals did not help their cause by making it difficult for the Prime Minister and Opposition leader to get to their car to escape from the crowd. They also stole the shoe the Prime Minister lost in the melee but have since offer to give it back. Worst of all some aboriginals burnt the Australian flag, not a crime here but deeply offensive to many.

Werbung:
Dogtower, The Australia government has made many concessions to the Aboriginals. They have said sorry for past treatment. They had recongnise the prior
attack%20on%20Australian%20PM.
occupation by aboriginals. They have given some land back but only in desert areas.
I agree that there is no point in getting rid of the embassy after40 years. As I said in another post , protestors have the right to have some land for their protest..
Changing the date for Australia Day will be hard. Some suggest it should be the openning of Federal Parliament which is hard as it is January 1 but the first session was in May.. It will take time to change and might be too late.
The aboriginals did not help their cause by making it difficult for the Prime Minister and Opposition leader to get to their car to escape from the crowd. They also stole the shoe the Prime Minister lost in the melee but have since offer to give it back. Worst of all some aboriginals burnt the Australian flag, not a crime here but deeply offensive to many.

yeah those acts were counterproductive. probably never going to peace with them.

Back