Abortion doctor shot to death

Popeye

Right wing domestic terrorism strikes again..

I've got news for all the religious anti abortion nuts....this is not the way to stop what is currently a legal medical procedure, if anything it will create a backlash.

(CNN) -- Dr. George Tiller, whose Kansas women's clinic was the epicenter of the state's battles over abortion for nearly two decades, was shot and killed at his church Sunday morning, his family said.
Dr. George Tiller was one of the few U.S. physicians that performed late-term abortions.

Tiller, 67, was fatally shot shortly after 10 a.m. Sunday at Reformation Lutheran Church, Wichita police said.

Sunday afternoon, authorities took a man into custody near Kansas City after stopping a car that matched a description of the killer's getaway vehicle, according to sheriff's deputies in Johnson County, Kansas. No charges had been filed and a motive for the killing was not immediately known.

Witnesses provided a license number for a powder-blue Ford Taurus they said the killer used to speed away from the church, police spokesman Gordon Bassham said.

Tiller was one of the few U.S. physicians who still performed late-term abortions. In 1993, he was shot and wounded through both arms outside his Wichita clinic. Shelley Shannon, an ardent foe of abortion, was convicted of attempted murder in the shooting and is currently serving a 20-year sentence in federal prison

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/31/kansas.doctor.killed/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

The White House issued a statement from President Obama on the murder:

I am shocked and outraged by the murder of Dr. George Tiller as he attended church services this morning. However profound our differences as Americans over difficult issues such as abortion, they cannot be resolved by heinous acts of violence.

Werbung:
This is just so tragic. People confuse symbols with the actual thing. He performs abortion, but he is not abortion. That is just his job; it does not mean that he's evil. People should lobby to make abortion illegal, not just go around killing doctors. And these abortion doctors are in business because of the demand for them. Maybe people who get abortions should be killed, tongue in cheek.

Looks like the DOJ has directed the US Marshals to get involved...good. Here's a statement from the Attorney General ...

"The murder of Doctor George Tiller is an abhorrent act of violence, and his family is in our thoughts and prayers at this tragic moment. Federal law enforcement is coordinating with local law enforcement officials in Kansas on the investigation of this crime, and I have directed the United States Marshals Service to offer protection to other appropriate people and facilities around the nation. The Department of Justice will work to bring the perpetrator of this crime to justice. As a precautionary measure, we will also take appropriate steps to help prevent any related acts of violence from occurring."

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2009/05/us_marshals_to_protect.php

Tiller died? I have not watched the news this weekend.

Its terrible when people kill other people no matter how big or how small you are

Don't think I don't pick up that "small" remark. Tiller's death is legally speaking..murder, abortion is a legal medical procedure. I hope this backfires big time on the self righteous anti abortion movement.

Don't think I don't pick up that "small" remark. Tiller's death is legally speaking..murder, abortion is a legal medical procedure. I hope this backfires big time on the self righteous anti abortion movement.

I hope it does not back fire for the sake of the children, but who ever shot him should spend the rest of their life in prison for sure.

Damn those small people anyway huh :)

I hope it does not back fire for the sake of the children, but who ever shot him should spend the rest of their life in prison for sure.

Damn those small people anyway huh :)

Pandora, this isn't really an abortion argument...you want the law changed it should be done the right way. Many in the anti abortion movement have refused to condemn Tiller's murder..like Randall Terry for example:

"George Tiller was a mass murderer and we cannot stop saying that," Terry said. "He was an evil man - his hands were covered with blood."

Pandora, this isn't really an abortion argument...you want the law changed it should be done the right way. Many in the anti abortion movement have refused to condemn Tiller's murder..like Randall Terry for example:

"George Tiller was a mass murderer and we cannot stop saying that," Terry said. "He was an evil man - his hands were covered with blood."

I condem the murder of tiller the baby killer just as I condem the murder done by tiller the baby killer, both were wrong.

Tiller was an evil man and a mass murderer and he did have the blood of hundreds or possibly thousands of babies on his hands, but it does not making shooting him down like a dog right.

I put out a thread on this earlier today. They probably should just be combined.

Lunatic Religious Right guns down another doctor

It's a mess. I think it will help to highlight that the so called pro-life side is really anything but. And I think it will help highlight that this is a dangerous group. Every time this happens it sets back the anti-choice radicals for a while.

But I still think it's tragic another doctor or nurse had to die at the hands of these morons that just can't get over the fact THEY LOST IN THE HIGHEST COURT IN THE LAND LIKE 4 DECADES AGO!

I put out a thread on this earlier today. They probably should just be combined.

Lunatic Religious Right guns down another doctor

It's a mess. I think it will help to highlight that the so called pro-life side is really anything but. And I think it will help highlight that this is a dangerous group. Every time this happens it sets back the anti-choice radicals for a while.

But I still think it's tragic another doctor or nurse had to die at the hands of these morons that just can't get over the fact THEY LOST IN THE HIGHEST COURT IN THE LAND LIKE 4 DECADES AGO!

OK First Top Gun, Tiller's specialty was partial birth abortion in the last months of pregnancy. What he did was not covered under Row vs. Wade. R v. W gave rights to an abortion until the baby was VIABLE, babies live on their own even as early as the 5th month now sometimes and almost always in the 7th month. His specialty was killing babies after partially birthing them in the 7th 8th and 9th month. Every one of them were VIABLE.

But you are right; this does set back the on going fight for the lives of babies and also for the rights of gun owners.

Are you the woman carrying the fetus? If not, then you should just keep your mouth shut, its not your body, period.

Fair nuff, but if and when it's my wife you decided to try to impose your personal views upon, I truly feel sorry for you and your personal safety because I'm fearless and she scares the ^%#* outta me...........good luck with that though......

By the way, how many children have you adopted? How many starving Asian children do you sponsor? How many women do you know that have been raped and become impregnated? How many foster children do you have in your home? I'd be interested in seeing some receipts......

Werbung:
Fair nuff, but if and when it's my wife you decided to try to impose your personal views upon, I truly feel sorry for you and your personal safety because I'm fearless and she scares the ^%#* outta me...........good luck with that though......

By the way, how many children have you adopted? How many starving Asian children do you sponsor? How many women do you know that have been raped and become impregnated? How many foster children do you have in your home? I'd be interested in seeing some receipts......

I have adopted one girl, I attempted to adopt 2 others, one of them I still am hoping to adopt.

I have been raped, I have had an abortion and I have learned (after the fact) that I was very wrong.

I have fostered 4 kids and when the one I currently have is stable I will foster again.

You want me to scan receipts? of what ?

PS I have no intention or desire to tell your wife what to do, I do though hope to help educate people like me who had no real understanding of abortion before I had it. That alone would reduce abortions.

Back