Abortion: Right or Wrong?

why would there ever, EVER be the need for Dr. Tiller and his medical services???

There is NEVER a need for such services. There is want for such services based on not wanting to be responsible for the child. You seem to be unable to differentiate between want and need. A common condition among the less informed.

Again, even with the resources of congress, the pro choice side could not provide a single doctor among all of the doctors in the world who could describe a situation in which a partial birth abortion was a life or death necessity. Can you?

Werbung:
That is the nature of the poorest debaters on this subject. The direct jump to ad hominem attacks in lieu of any actual argument is a dead giveaway. I suppose he has already had his feeble arguments shreded for him on more than one occasion and simply can't deal with having himself a new one torn in public again.

Yeah I agree attacks are useless. I think it is much better when you can explain why you believe what you do instead of just saying the other guy is stupid.

I wish there was someone who could articulate this to those in congress who can't seem to get it.

The pro partial birth abortion people in congress always drop that "for the life of the mother" argument; I wish that just once someone would corner them on camera and force them to explain how stabbing a baby in the back of the head will save a woman. Or how making a dying woman deliver a baby backward is going to be better for her body and save her life.

It’s always nice to read your posts; I wish you were around more often.

Yeah I agree attacks are useless.

Not much more useless than their actual arguments.

I think it is much better when you can explain why you believe what you do instead of just saying the other guy is stupid.

A rational explanation requires a rational premise and that simply doesn't exist on the pro choice side. Those few who stand up and state that they favor allowing one human being to kill another without judical review and without legal consequence for any or no reason are the only ones with a defense of their postion that even approaches rational although it is repugnant and is in itself indefensible.

Yeah I agree attacks are useless. I think it is much better when you can explain why you believe what you do instead of just saying the other guy is stupid.

I wish there was someone who could articulate this to those in congress who can't seem to get it.

The pro partial birth abortion people in congress always drop that "for the life of the mother" argument; I wish that just once someone would corner them on camera and force them to explain how stabbing a baby in the back of the head will save a woman. Or how making a dying woman deliver a baby backward is going to be better for her body and save her life.

It’s always nice to read your posts; I wish you were around more often.

Cool, this post was apparently effective, it caused someone to give me a neg rep point over it :)

How much suffering can a fetus/embryo/zygote do, compared with an adult female human being? It seems pretty obvious than an adult human being can suffer far more, no matter how trivial the reasons may be for the abortion, or how trivial the 'suffering' may be. Shouldn't the goal be to reduce human suffering as much as possible?

Late term abortions are another question. It may already be possible, in such cases, to make the fetus the ward of the state.

How much suffering can a fetus/embryo/zygote do, compared with an adult female human being? It seems pretty obvious than an adult human being can suffer far more, no matter how trivial the reasons may be for the abortion, or how trivial the 'suffering' may be. Shouldn't the goal be to reduce human suffering as much as possible?

Late term abortions are another question. It may already be possible, in such cases, to make the fetus the ward of the state.

The baby would not be a ward of the state very long. So many people I know who want babies but cant have them or feel its wrong to bring more kids in the world end up adopting from other countries but would love to adopt an American baby. I adopted a 4 year old and I would love to adopt a baby but there are none out there, the waiting list is just crazy long.

Stopping human suffering I agree is very important. But I consider a baby in the womb a human too and when they are torn apart limb by limb when it’s a proven fact they have a nervous system, heart, lungs and feelings I just ache for them.

OK, I can agree with that, Pandora, then let's make adoption easier. The adoption list was very long thirty five some years ago, too - I know, from personal experience. I think there is little doubt that Pale's strongest case applies to the late terms. I wish we all knew more about the whys and the details of them, so that our comments about them could be more salient.

OK, I can agree with that, Pandora, then let's make adoption easier. The adoption list was very long thirty five some years ago, too - I know, from personal experience. I think there is little doubt that Pale's strongest case applies to the late terms. I wish we all knew more about the whys and the details of them, so that our comments about them could be more salient.

Adoption could be made more easy and also less expensive but the biggest problem is the waiting list. Its almost impossible to adopt and American newborn, and the waiting list is long for newborns from other countries.

I do not care if I adopt a newborn or a 3 year old but I would like to adopt a child that’s fairly young. My little girl was 3 years old (almost 4) when she came to live with me but the adoption was not final till she was 7 years old (almost 8)

As strange as this sounds I think they should make it legal to sell your unborn baby (to a fit family)

A person having an abortion might not if they knew they could sign a BINDING contract with a family and have her medical bills paid and money when the baby is adopted.

It sound so strange to say that.. selling humans but I don’t know of another word for it really and if it would stop even some abortions it would also give some family a child. But the idea bothers me to sell a person, its at least better than killing them.

I am sure though it would be opening a new can of worms that I can not anticipate.

We are already living in a can of worms, as two or three thousand extremely contentious posts on this subject on this forum prove very well. It would be nice if we could reduce the friction a little bit. I think the politicians of both sides exploit it, and try to increase the friction so they can get more votes.

Werbung:
We are already living in a can of worms, as two or three thousand extremely contentious posts on this subject on this forum prove very well. It would be nice if we could reduce the friction a little bit. I think the politicians of both sides exploit it, and try to increase the friction so they can get more votes.

I agree with that, I think they do too. That is something Glenn Beck says all the time.

The Republicans are trying to make you mad at the democrats to get your vote and the democrats are trying to make you mad at the republicans to get your vote. Its not a right or left issue, both are wrong.

It would be nice to reduce the friction here in the forum. I like how you and I have been exchanging posts. I feel good about it and I wish we could all talk this way. I know you and I do not agree on the topic and probably never will but we can treat eachother nice while we disagree, and I think it feels good.

Back