Abortion: Right or Wrong?

A clump of cells with no brain is not a human being, it's part of the mother's body. No better than a tumor. Therefore, there is no reason for her not to remove it.

I support early abortions. I do not support late-term abortions, when the fetus is fully formed. By then she might as well have the baby, give it up, and thus preserve a human life.

-Dr House :cool:

Werbung:
A clump of cells with no brain is not a human being, it's part of the mother's body. No better than a tumor. Therefore, there is no reason for her not to remove it.

yeah... a clump of cells with a pulse and a heartbeat. they have a pulse and a heartbeat within the first few weeks of pregnancy. they almost always have those things by the time the mother realizes she is pregnant.

also, if it isnt alive than why do you have to kill it to keep it from growing?

isnt stoping something before it it is the same as destroying it? picture this: a mechanic is working on a car. its only partly built but there is already money invested in it. someone comes along and blows it to bits. do think they could just say "it wasnt a car. it was only PART of a car, therefore it didnt matter that i destroyed it". now, would the logic that "it isnt comeplete therefore it has no value" apply if the mechanic destroyed it? would it be any less illogical? now im sure you can see the value of this analogy.

OK. So you have proved beyond doubt that you dont' have even a rudimentary grasp of developmental biology. What you believe is completely irrelavent. Do feel free to provide some credible science that states that the unborn is part of its mother or that the offspring of two human beings is EVER anything but a human being.

Stating that it is no better than a tumor is a far cry from actually substantiating the statement. Do feel free to attempt to corroborate it with some credible science.

I support early abortions. I do not support late-term abortions, when the fetus is fully formed. By then she might as well have the baby, give it up, and thus preserve a human life.

Once fertilization is complete, the child is as human as it is ever going to become. Being immature does not preclude one from being a full fledged member of the species. Human is the kind of creature you are, not the degree to which you manifest your potential.

Wow a lot of feelings abound with this subject. Right or wrong however it should have been a decision for the states and not the Supreme Court. Just one thought on pro choice though. There are other choices that could have been made prior to conception. Abstinence or birth control.

Is a fetus alive? Yes.

Is it a human being, or perhaps another species? It is a human being - homo sapiens.

It is a live human being.

Is a fetus alive? Yes.

Is it a human being, or perhaps another species? It is a human being - homo sapiens.

It is a live human being.

There seem to be a lot of people who can't wrap their minds around the fact that being immature doesn't make you something "else".

I've been away from this thread a while, check message #5 ....
Please note, many Christians will complain about the actions of Doctors who perform abortions, HOWEVER in your own BIBLE there is an admonition to NOT demand compliance to GOD's law by non-believers! Let God sort them out!

"You then complain about gov't intrusion. My guess is that you also support tax spikes, social security, welfare, medicare/medicaid, etc."

Feel free to speculate as to what I really believe, or if I'm a "conservative" or "liberal"
& good luck with that!

I've been away from this thread a while, check message #5 ....
Please note, many Christians will complain about the actions of Doctors who perform abortions, HOWEVER in your own BIBLE there is an admonition to NOT demand compliance to GOD's law by non-believers! Let God sort them out!

"You then complain about gov't intrusion. My guess is that you also support tax spikes, social security, welfare, medicare/medicaid, etc."

Feel free to speculate as to what I really believe, or if I'm a "conservative" or "liberal"
& good luck with that!

As much as you would like for this to be a religious discussion, it is not. It is a matter of the US constitution.

There are lots more hypocrises in the pro-lifers arguments.

Like why their views don't extend to the rights of actual people

There are lots more hypocrises in the pro-lifers arguments.

Like why their views don't extend to the rights of actual people

Even if you could prove hypocricy, (which you can't because you are at a severe intellectual disadvantage here) it would not matter even a whit as it would not change the facts as they apply to abortion. Looking for hypocricy on someone elses part rather than attacking their argument head on is a sign of a very weak argument.

Note that I don't need to look for some hypocricy on your part because I can dismantle your argument with both hands tied behind my back. You, on the other hand, can't even begin to touch my argument so you have to go of into the land of logical fallacy looking for something else because your argument is so inherently weak as to be useless.

And who ever said that their views on human rights don't extend to post natals? That sounds like just one more thing that you have made up in an attempt to score some small point.

Ok you have stated that you won't lose any sleep if an innocent is executed provided they stood trial.

This means that you are not pro-life.

On the subject of abortion you are claiming that you are pro-life.

I think this obvious hypcrisy should be obvious - even to you.

Ok you have stated that you won't lose any sleep if an innocent is executed provided they stood trial.

I asked you to bring any such quote from me forward . You can't because I never said any such thing. You have been caught in a lie.

This means that you are not pro-life.

I am anti abortion on demand. You are the one saying that I am pro life.

On the subject of abortion you are claiming that you are pro-life.

I think this obvious hypcrisy should be obvious - even to you.

Since I call myself anti abortion on demand, I don't see any hypocricy at all. Even if I called myself pro life, it wouldn't matter. The facts are what they are with regard to abortion and the facts support my argument, not yours.

Werbung:
You have an interesting understanding of losing.

You are now denying saying that you wouldn't lose sleep over an innocent being executed provided they had been through a trial.

Denying what you have written before is kind of embarrassing.

I feel sorry for you

Back