About that wall on Mexico's southern border:

PLC1

Staff member
I saw this and got to wondering:

guatemala-border-fence.jpg

If there really is such a wall, it must not work very well, as thousands of people have crossed the border and made their way north all the way across Mexico to the USA border.

Which raises the obvious question: If a wall doesn't work for Mexico, why would it work for us?

Well, it seems that the border actually looks more like this:

border1.jpg

Translation: Welcome to Guatemala (offering items for sale).

The first picture above is really:

The proffered picture displayed above therefore does not show the border between Mexico and Guatemala. Ironically, it depicts a fence along the boundary between the United States and Mexico in southeastern Arizona.

But what about this picture that circulates on social media?

fence2.jpg

That image also had nothing to do with either Mexico and Guatemala: it’s actually a picture of a fence that Israel built in 2013 along their border with Egypt (near the Red Sea resort town of Eilat) in order to keep terrorists and illegal African immigrants from crossing into Israel:

Snopes link

Fake news? Sounds like it to me. What do you think?

Werbung:
I saw this and got to wondering:

guatemala-border-fence.jpg

If there really is such a wall, it must not work very well, as thousands of people have crossed the border and made their way north all the way across Mexico to the USA border.

Which raises the obvious question: If a wall doesn't work for Mexico, why would it work for us?

Well, it seems that the border actually looks more like this:

border1.jpg

Translation: Welcome to Guatemala (offering items for sale).

The first picture above is really:

But what about this picture that circulates on social media?

fence2.jpg

Snopes link

Fake news? Sounds like it to me. What do you think?
It most certainly is fake news that promotes the idea that any sane government that wants immigration controlled is racist.This suits a rich elite that want cheap labour and a servile compliant population.

Werbung:
Yes fake news. I looked at Google Maps and the satellite view and saw that practically all the border between Mexico and Guatemala is a river, like Snopes said. I zoomed in where there were adjacent cities and saw no wall. Toward the east there are mountainous regions.

Back