Adios, "Rocky"

Mr. Shaman

Somebody Up There Likes Me (1956) - Movie Info - Yahoo! Movies

"Newman had a soft spot for underdogs in real life, giving tens of millions to charities through his food company and setting up camps for severely ill children. Passionately opposed to the Vietnam War, and in favor of civil rights, he was so famously liberal that he ended up on President Nixon's "enemies list," one of the actor's proudest achievements, he liked to say." :cool:

Acting legend Paul Newman dies - Movies - MSNBC.com

paulnewman-bio.jpg

Werbung:
Werbung:
I liked everything about Paul Newman except for his political thinking.
Too radical, for ya', huh? :rolleyes:

"I'm a supporter of gay rights. And not a closet supporter either. From the time I was a kid, I have never been able to understand attacks upon the gay community. There are so many qualities that make up a human being... by the time I get through with all the things that I really admire about people, what they do with their private parts is probably so low on the list that it is irrelevant."

"About fifty cents out of every discretionary dollar spent by Congress now go to the Pentagon budget, while just six cents go to educating our children and four cents go to health care. That’s too much for Pentagon defense contractors and too little for our children’s education and our families’ health care."

"Just because you come up against a wall doesn’t mean you quit. I think, little by little, people are beginning to understand there’s a lot of pork out there, in almost every area."

"Building weapons that we don’t need, don’t work, and aren’t necessary, and have no mission—that’s not bad politics, that’s robbery."

"I respect generosity in people, and I respect it in companies too. I don't look at it as philanthropy; I see it as an investment in the community."

"If you don't have enemies, you don't have character."

"I am confounded at the stinginess of some institutions and some people. I'm bewildered by it. You can only put away so much stuff in your closet."

Back