"Affordable" Obamacare costs rise by $111 billion in latest budget

Little-Acorn

Of course, the administration will keep telling us that Obamacare saves money and provides better coverage. Orwell's art of "doublethink" is well practiced by the present crop of liberals - as it must be.

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...t-estimate-for-health-insurance-aid-rises-by/

Lawmaker wants answers after cost estimate for health insurance aid rises by $111B

Published March 02, 2012
| Associated Press

WASHINGTON – Cost estimates for a key part of President Obama's health care overhaul law have ballooned by $111 billion from last year's budget, and a senior Republican lawmaker on Friday demanded an explanation.

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp, R-Mich., wants to know by Monday why the estimated ten-year cost of helping millions of middle-class Americans buy health insurance has jumped by about 30 percent.

Administration officials say the explanation lies in budget technicalities and that there are no significant changes in the program.

The revised numbers, buried deep in the president's budget, stumped lawmakers and some administration officials for most of the week. At a congressional hearing Tuesday, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, who is in charge of carrying out the health care law, indicated she was unaware of the changes.

At issue are subsidies that will be provided under the health care law to help middle class people buy private coverage in new state insurance markets that will open for business in 2014.

Last year's budget estimated the cost of the aid to be $367 billion from 2014-2011. This year's budget puts it at $478 billion over the same time period.

"This staggering increase ... cannot be explained by legislative changes or new economic assumptions, and therefore must reflect substantial changes in underlying assumptions regarding the program's ... costs," Camp wrote Friday in a letter to Sebelius and Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner.

Republicans say they're concerned that either the estimated cost of the insurance has gone up, or that the administration has determined many more people will be losing employer coverage and going into the new government-subsidized markets, which will be called exchanges.

Administration officials say the big increase from last year's estimates is no cause for alarm and that the administration is not forecasting an erosion of employer coverage or higher insurance costs.

(Of course, they didn't "forecast" this increase in costs either, did they? - Ed.)

Werbung:
everyone act surprised....

and this is just a single component and does not cover the current stuff that's also over budget.
there are not enough sugar daddies in the world to pay for this mess.

Of course, one of the reasons Democrats were able to eke out the very last few votes needed to pass Obamacare on Christmas Eve, was because they endlessly assured us that it wouldn't cost any more than the original amount proposed.

If they had told us honestly, that it would cost as much as they now say it will, would it have been rejected outright by Congress, instead of barely passing?​

Of course, one of the reasons Democrats were able to eke out the very last few votes needed to pass Obamacare on Christmas Eve, was because they endlessly assured us that it wouldn't cost any more than the original amount proposed.​
If they had told us honestly, that it would cost as much as they now say it will, would it have been rejected outright by Congress, instead of barely passing?​

Well there were plenty of people pointing out the lies and gimmicks so ignorance can't be blamed. its also been documented whose votes were bought. I'm guessing the rest were just too stupid to ask to be bought or we just have yet to see it.

Im sure you fell for OBAMAs campaign speeches. Oh yeah you believed every word he said,And then on election day you pulled down the lever next to his name.

I voted for Mike Huckabee on GOP side,,But he didnt win. Im not a democrat,,so...

I really dislike the huckster, I voted for Hillary in the primary because I am a registered democrat and mccain/Palin in the general. Funny thing is, I wanted Romney in the 08 election but I don’t like him as much this time around. But I like newt and the rest less …

I really dislike the huckster, I voted for Hillary in the primary because I am a registered democrat and mccain/Palin in the general. Funny thing is, I wanted Romney in the 08 election but I don’t like him as much this time around. But I like newt and the rest less …

Im a Newt guy as well. We need a tough strong Reagan type president. We need to get tough on China,,Make em MAD!!! And Theyre get scared of us after they get mad like the Soviets. They got MAD,,Then they got Scared and the Soviet Union is no more.

Of course, the administration will keep telling us that Obamacare saves money and provides better coverage. Orwell's art of "doublethink" is well practiced by the present crop of liberals - as it must be.
everyone act surprised....

and this is just a single component and does not cover the current stuff that's also over budget.
there are not enough sugar daddies in the world to pay for this mess.

Werbung:
Back