Aha! I thought so.

PLC1

Staff member
I was listening to Shaun Hannity on the way home tonight. He was taking calls. The caller was so scripted, so playing into Hannity's hands, that I wondered if people really called in at random, or if actors were actually hired to call. It sounded to me so much like actors, that I put the phrase "Are Hannity's callers actors" into the search window. This is what came up:

Limbaugh/Hannity Parent Company Admits Hiring Actors to Call Radio Shows

As reported, once the actor "passed the audition, he would be invited periodically to call in to various talk shows and recite various scenarios that made for interesting radio." In addition, the source was specifically told there would be no on-air disclosure of the fabricated nature of the call. He subsequently landed the job, at $40 per hour and a minimum one hour of work per day.

OK, anyone want to take rant radio seriously?

Seriously?

Werbung:
DailyKos ? not necessarily the most trustworthy source.

but is it possible ? i suppose.

cant work out why they would spend the money though when you have a screener to find softballs to pitch to the celebrity host.

I went to the link. It mentioned Premier and Clear Channel. It never said the actors called into talk radio shows like Rush or Hannity, only that they are on some of the above's programs. It did mention the "source" who called into a program about a problem with taking his girlfriend to a bachelor party.

KOS has a pretty bad track record on honesty.

Another silly worthless thread by our pot smoking moderator.

He can believe this, but deny left wing indoctrination in the p-schools. Too funny......:LOL:

Another silly worthless thread by our pot smoking moderator.

He can believe this, but deny left wing indoctrination in the p-schools. Too funny......:LOL:

Are you one of the dittoheads that like to let Rush do their thinking for them, then?

Let us suppose that a paid caller was on Rush. Now let us suppose that he said something insightful and true. Would it be any less true? Let's look at another scenario: suppose he said something idiotic and false. Would it be any less false? It just does not matter who says what when what really matters is what is said.

That all being said with millions of people getting busy signals it seems doubtful that he would have paid calleres.

Let us suppose that a paid caller was on Rush. Now let us suppose that he said something insightful and true. Would it be any less true? Let's look at another scenario: suppose he said something idiotic and false. Would it be any less false? It just does not matter who says what when what really matters is what is said.

That all being said with millions of people getting busy signals it seems doubtful that he would have paid calleres.

The thing is, they call in with points that are totally idiotic, and rush has no problem showing how idiotic they are, and then goes on about how they represent "liberals", i.e., people who disagree with him. It's phony, that's what it is.

The thing is, they call in with points that are totally idiotic, and rush has no problem showing how idiotic they are, and then goes on about how they represent "liberals", i.e., people who disagree with him. It's phony, that's what it is.

Ah, I assumed they called in representing conservative views that the host would then agree with.

I still think there are PLENTY of people calling in with idiotic views all on their own - just look at a few of the people who post here, we have no reason to assume they are seminar callers merely because they are idiotic no matte which side of the aisle they represent.

When it comes to Rush he constantly complains about people who call misrepresenting themselves and it is more likely that in being consistent he would hate the use 0f seminar callers be they hired by others or by his own staff.

Complaining about talk radio hiring such people makes a good sounding complaint but I see neither good evidence nor any good reason whatsoever for it to even happen at all.

Ah, I assumed they called in representing conservative views that the host would then agree with.

I still think there are PLENTY of people calling in with idiotic views all on their own - just look at a few of the people who post here, we have no reason to assume they are seminar callers merely because they are idiotic no matte which side of the aisle they represent.

When it comes to Rush he constantly complains about people who call misrepresenting themselves and it is more likely that in being consistent he would hate the use 0f seminar callers be they hired by others or by his own staff.

Complaining about talk radio (edit: on shows with lots of listeners) hiring such people makes a good sounding complaint but I see neither good evidence nor any good reason whatsoever for it to even happen at all.

On shows with almost no listeners it might make short term sense to hire people to call in. Of course those shows might have a limited budget too so hiring people could be hard.

I had a college prof who advocated the theory of economic determinism, aka "follow the money". On talk radio the advertisers pay very high rates based on how many people are listening to the show. It would be a risk to misrepresent how many people and who they are to the advertisers who might then pull their ads if they felt lied to.

What we really need here on this thread is more evidence. I suggest that while we look for evidence of talk radio host hiring seminar callers that we also look for evidence of liberals hiring seminar callers to call in to talk radio and do the same for liberal tv programs. Then not only can we talk about its occurence but compare who and where it happens. I am not afraid of the results.

Werbung:
I was listening to Shaun Hannity on the way home tonight. He was taking calls. The caller was so scripted, so playing into Hannity's hands, that I wondered if people really called in at random, or if actors were actually hired to call. It sounded to me so much like actors, that I put the phrase "Are Hannity's callers actors" into the search window. This is what came up:

OK, anyone want to take rant radio seriously?

Seriously?
i don't have a clue, but if true..thats show biz

Back