AI beauty contest results surprising

dogtowner

Staff member
A beauty contest was judged by AI -- and robots didn't like dark skin... https://www.theguardian.com/technol...gence-beauty-contest-doesnt-like-black-people

Seems computers like white chicks a lot.
They are trying like heck to explain this away but it's not very convincing.
Probably best to realize that beauty is at its heart a cultural thing and local girls get prettier once you realize Cheryl Tiggs is out of your league.

Werbung:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or in this case, the programmer. Also, ideas of beauty are heavily shaped by what we see everyday, as the OP noted. In addition, ideas of beauty are shaped by our culture, which in some cases is racially biased, colonialism, and selfish vanity. For instance, a mulatto black woman might get off on the false idea that beauty isn't subjective, and she's massively more pretty than a very dark black girl.

Note, I mentioned colonialism due to the fact for hundreds of years blacks, as well as other groups, have been told white is better, and some have internalized this abuse. Of course, that's not saying white is ugly, but you get the picture.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or in this case, the programmer. Also, ideas of beauty are heavily shaped by what we see everyday, as the OP noted. In addition, ideas of beauty are shaped by our culture, which in some cases is racially biased, colonialism, and selfish vanity. For instance, a mulatto black woman might get off on the false idea that beauty isn't subjective, and she's massively more pretty than a very dark black girl.

Note, I mentioned colonialism due to the fact for hundreds of years blacks, as well as other groups, have been told white is better, and some have internalized this abuse. Of course, that's not saying white is ugly, but you get the picture.
I totally agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And you're spot on about colonialism and the effect it has had on millions of black people. A lot of them have been conditioned to believe that white skin, blue eyes and long hair are the measures of beauty and yet that is not the case. Most of them still believe it to this day.

Werbung:
I totally agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And you're spot on about colonialism and the effect it has had on millions of black people. A lot of them have been conditioned to believe that white skin, blue eyes and long hair are the measures of beauty and yet that is not the case. Most of them still believe it to this day.
Nonsense ! There are LOADS of beautiful girls with short hair!

Back