AIPACification of Congress

Jim

Pro-Israel PAC Contributions to 2006 Congressional Candidates—WRMEA.com

The Washington Report on Middle East Affairs compiles and makes public this list each election year. Looking at the amount of money given to U.S. legislators by Israeli lobbyists, it is unsurprising that the Congress is fully supportive of Israel even when it acts in destructive ways. Remember, the United States gives Israel billions upon billions of dollars in cash and goods every year, in accordance with an act of Congress. Apparently, all it takes to keep the stream flowing is a little kickback to American politicians.

Werbung:
While I didn't add the totals for the parties, it seems that Democrats and Republicans are close to equally at fault for taking money.

The parties are about equal overall. There are a handful of legislators who receive much more than the others, most but not all of whom are Jewish (which makes sense, really). The problem, it seems, is that almost everyone received money. This is flat-out graft, not lobbying. Supporting a helpful politician is one thing, but handing out thousands of dollars to each and every politician in an entire branch is a complete corruption of that part of the government.

This is flat-out graft, not lobbying. Supporting a helpful politician is one thing, but handing out thousands of dollars to each and every politician in an entire branch is a complete corruption of that part of the government.
I don't know what else to say but that I agree whole-heartedly. By allowing crap like this to happen, the entire system is being corrupted.

I actually meant to say that it is being corrupted more that it was to begin with. I am by no means saying that the system wasn’t corrupt before this happened, but this isn’t helping.

The funny thing is that this kind of corruption is a built-in part of the system. Not only are all these bribes and kickbacks perfectly legal, they are constitutionally protected. To outlaw or restrict them in any real way would require a constitutional amendment, which would require a two-thirds majority vote from the people who benefit from "lobbying" the most.

Congress is also hypocritical as well. This is a group of members that tells people and businesses to behave morally and to not create 'conflicts of interest'. Yet when it is time to step up to the plate, they can't govern themselves because of those same conflicts. That is really all "lobbying" is, creating conflicts of interest for government officials; so they don't have to listen to the majority.

Thanks for posting this. it is imporatant to know who our government oficials are getting money from.

peace

-todd

Isn't funny how the Government of a Democratic Nation doesn't have to answer to the people...

I've thought for a while now that the democratic nature of democratic states- especially the US and Australia funnily enough, were undergoing an inevitable decline. I may post questions in a related thread later about polarisation and public dissatisfaction but it's rather difficult to get my head around right now.

Werbung:
Back