Al FRANKEN is in! Americans give Dems 60 vote SUPER MAJORITY

top gun

The American people give Dems their 60 vote SUPER MAJORITY!

Franken: 'So thrilled' at Minn. Senate race win
The Associated Press June 30, 2009

(AP) — Democrat Al Franken says he's "so thrilled" to finally be celebrating a victory after nearly eight months of recounts and courtroom fights in Minnesota's Senate race.

Franken spoke in Minneapolis on Tuesday soon after Republican Norm Coleman conceded the election. Coleman's concession came after the Minnesota Supreme Court said Franken should be certified as the winner.

Franken says he's "thrilled and honored by the faith Minnesotans have placed in me." He says he can't wait to get started, and believes he'll be sworn in next week.

Franken says he expects to sit on a few Senate committees, including Judiciary. That would put him in place to take part in Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor's confirmation hearings.

I thought it hallarious the previous thread on Franken. Everyone should look it up... search Al Franken for senate.

See who had a clue and who didn't.

Remember old Libsmasher? Here's what he had to say...:eek:

Originally Posted by Libsmasher
At a campaign stop in St. Cloud, Democratic-Farmer-Labor party candidate Al Franken, who hopes to represent Minnesota in the U.S. Senate, was greeted by an audience of one, which isn’t all that much worse than he did as a radio host for Air America.

OOPS...:eek:

Werbung:
I wondered if anyone was going to start a thread about this.

I am glad this is finally settled. I hope he can get started ASAP. Now there is no reason obama can’t push through anything he wants to push through, though really he did not have a reason before with liberal republicans voting for his junk.

Brace yourself and get ready for change :)

cert-seal-300x194.jpg

Certificate of Election for Six-Year Term

To the President of the Senate of the United States:

This is to certify that on the fourth day of November, 2008, Al Franken was duly chosen by the qualified electors of the State of Minnesota a Senator from said State to represent said State in the Senate of the United States for the term of six years, beginning on the 3rd day of January, 2009.

Witness: His excellency our governor Tim Pawlenty, and our seal hereto affixed at Saint Paul, Minnesota this 30th day of June, in the year of our Lord 2009.

-------------------

Franken_Al.jpg

Senator Al Franken

cert-seal-300x194.jpg

Certificate of Election for Six-Year Term

To the President of the Senate of the United States:

This is to certify that on the fourth day of November, 2008, Al Franken was duly chosen by the qualified electors of the State of Minnesota a Senator from said State to represent said State in the Senate of the United States for the term of six years, beginning on the 3rd day of January, 2009.

Witness: His excellency our governor Tim Pawlenty, and our seal hereto affixed at Saint Paul, Minnesota this 30th day of June, in the year of our Lord 2009.

-------------------

Franken_Al.jpg

Senator Al Franken

wow they actually said in the year of our Lord?

Al should get the senate to squash that Jesus talk dont ya think :)

wow they actually said in the year of our Lord?

Al should get the senate to squash that Jesus talk dont ya think :)

Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea...but America is still overrun, Democrats and Republicans alike, by those who believe in a book of fables.

The difference is, only Republicans try to force it down everybody else's throats.

Werbung:
Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea...but America is still overrun, Democrats and Republicans alike, by those who believe in a book of fables.

The difference is, only Republicans try to force it down everybody else's throats.

I really am shocked Al let them use that line. With the new magic 60 they can rid the world or at least the States of that term soon enough.

One thing is for sure Min. is going to be fun to watch again (for a while) I lost interest after "the body" stopped governing.

Back