Al Gore's Home Uses 21x More Energy Than Average US Household

Wag more

A new report found that former Vice President Al Gore’s estate near Nashville, Tennessee, used more than 21 times more energy than the average U.S. household over the past year.

The report by the National Center for Public Policy Research, citing the public electric company that powers Gore’s home, found that the 10,070-square-foot mansion used 230,889 kilowatt hours (kWh) of electricity during the past 12 months.

According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, the average American house uses less than 11,000 kilowatt hours annually.

Gore just released his new documentary “An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power,” the sequel to his documentary “An Inconvenient Truth.” Both films warn of the threat of climate change and the need to invest in renewable energy.

Source http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/02/report-al-gore-uses-21-times-more-energy-average-us-household

So the world’s most visible spokesman for global warming uses 21 TIMES the electricity that you and I use. And this is only for his biggest house. He has 2 more houses. And my information is he does not have any solar panels. This is from a man who has made an estimated $300,000,000 pitching global warming. I think he could afford a solar water heater but apparently saving energy is not important to him.

"Hey, I make rules for others to follow but I'm too important to follow those rules cuz it means a sacrifice on my part."

The hyprocisy on the left side of the fence is overwhelming. And what is even more alarming to me is the fact that no one in the lib media calls him out on this. NO ONE in CBS or CNN or NBC reports this. No one except Fox.

Last edited:
Werbung:
But he buys "green" credits with a little of the millions that he swindles stupid people out of so that makes it all right.....at least according to the swindled warmer bunch who while away their hours excusing the inexcusable and defending the indefensible.

A new report found that former Vice President Al Gore’s estate near Nashville, Tennessee, used more than 21 times more energy than the average U.S. household over the past year.

The report by the National Center for Public Policy Research, citing the public electric company that powers Gore’s home, found that the 10,070-square-foot mansion used 230,889 kilowatt hours (kWh) of electricity during the past 12 months.

According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, the average American house uses less than 11,000 kilowatt hours annually.

Gore just released his new documentary “An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power,” the sequel to his documentary “An Inconvenient Truth.” Both films warn of the threat of climate change and the need to invest in renewable energy.

Source http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/02/report-al-gore-uses-21-times-more-energy-average-us-household

So the world’s most visible spokesman for global warming uses 21 TIMES the electricity that you and I use. And this is only for his biggest house. He has 2 more houses. And my information is he does not have any solar panels. This is from a man who has made an estimated $300,000,000 pitching global warming. I think he could afford a solar water heater but apparently saving energy is not important to him.

"Hey, I make rules for others to follow but I'm too important to follow those rules cuz it means a sacrifice on my part."

The hyprocisy on the left side of the fence is overwhelming. And what is even more alarming to me is the fact that no one in the lib media calls him out on this. NO ONE in CBS or CNN or NBC reports this. No one except Fox.
Ridiculous! This would only make sense if Gore's energy consumption was compared to other "estates" of the same size, NOT to "average" US homes!

Why don't you present the energy draw of Trump Tower or Trump's golf courses instead of "average US homes!" Duh!

Ridiculous! This would only make sense if Gore's energy consumption was compared to other "estates" of the same size, NOT to "average" US homes!

Why don't you present the energy draw of Trump Tower or Trump's golf courses instead of "average US homes!" Duh!
Because gore wants everyone to sacrifice for his scam while he is unwilling to do so himself.

"New report"? Hell, we heard of this 20 years ago or more.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/GlobalWarming/story?id=2906888

So Open(not!)mind let's do some figgerin' and come up with comparable units to compare with Gore.

My house is in N Central FL and my July electric useage was 890 KWH. This is one of the hotter months in FL which means a lot of AC use. My KWH for the entire year is about 8,500. My house is 1400 Sq Ft (1/7 the size of Gore's house) so my annual consumption of KWH is about 6 per sq ft. Compare this to Gore's use at 23 KWH per sq ft. Gore manages to use 4 times the amount of electricity per square foot as I do. And FL is a whole bunch hotter than TN and has longer summers with high AC use. Guess he must really crank his AC down real low.

Open(not!)mind, I have 3 humans and 4 cats in my family. Right now it is only Al and his wife in his house (which is 7 times larger than mine). So why does he need to use 4 times the electricity per square foot as I use? And why does he need 7 times the floor area plus 2 more houses to boot? And if the average US citizen uses about 11,000 KWH annually, why does Gore need to use 230,000 KWH? Is this cuz he's a big shot and I ain't? Personally I'm not listening to anyone lecture me about my power use when he/she uses over 27 times the electricity I do.

Gore is a hypocrite of the highest order.
And it you want to compare Gore's power use with Trump's, do some research on your own. That would be an interesting comparison.

And Otie, you say this was reported 20 years ago. Let's do some more figgerin'. 20 years times 230,000 KWH = 4,600,000 KWH. The average American would have used 220,000 KWH. So Mr. Big Shot Gore has used an absolutely incredible 4,380,000 more KWH than Joe ordinary citizen. And he has the gall to lecture us about our power use?

So Open(not!)mind let's do some figgerin' and come up with comparable units to compare with Gore.

My house is in N Central FL and my July electric useage was 890 KWH. This is one of the hotter months in FL which means a lot of AC use. My KWH for the entire year is about 8,500. My house is 1400 Sq Ft (1/7 the size of Gore's house) so my annual consumption of KWH is about 6 per sq ft. Compare this to Gore's use at 23 KWH per sq ft. Gore manages to use 4 times the amount of electricity per square foot as I do. And FL is a whole bunch hotter than TN and has longer summers with high AC use. Guess he must really crank his AC down real low.

Open(not!)mind, I have 3 humans and 4 cats in my family. Right now it is only Al and his wife in his house (which is 7 times larger than mine). So why does he need to use 4 times the electricity per square foot as I use? And why does he need 7 times the floor area plus 2 more houses to boot? And if the average US citizen uses about 11,000 KWH annually, why does Gore need to use 230,000 KWH? Is this cuz he's a big shot and I ain't? Personally I'm not listening to anyone lecture me about my power use when he/she uses over 27 times the electricity I do.

And it you want to compare Gore's power use with Trump's, do some research on your own. That would be an interesting comparison.

And Otie, you say this was reported 20 years ago. Let's do some more figgerin'. 20 years times 230,000 KWH = 4,600,000 KWH. The average American would have used 220,000 KWH. So Mr. Big Shot Gore has used an absolutely incredible 4,380,000 more KWH than Joe ordinary citizen. And he has the gall to lecture us about our power use?

Glad to see you are finally worried about energy foot prints!

Does that mean you finally agree with 97% of scientists who believe in climate change at least partially caused by humans?

Either that, or you are yourself a hypocrite!

Does that mean you finally agree with 97% of scientists who believe in climate change at least partially caused by humans?

Can you provide a single shred of observed, measured, quantified evidence that supports the claim that humans are even contributing to the changing global climate rather than that we are simply observing natural variability?...Just one piece of such evidence...just one?

I always like to ask you people who are so convinced...especially those who believe the 97% number. Scientists being what they are, it would take a literal warehouse full of observed, measured, quantified evidence of the highest order to get 97% of them to agree on anything. Since I already know that you can't produce that single shred of observed, measured, quantified evidence supporting the man made climate change hypothesis over natural variability that leaves a pretty obvious question...upon what is this claimed 97% consensus based?

Short of copious quantities of observed, measured, quantified evidence, the only other thing that I can thing of that would prompt a group of naturally contentious people to even tentatively agree on anything would be money....can you perhaps think of something else?

97% of scientists believe Gore?
Yeah, right.
Now 97% of bureaucrats I can believe.
True people of science are about evenly split on global warming.

Werbung:
Back