Algerian Minister Says 'Jewish Lobby' Behind Sarkozy

Lasher

I found the following item to be very interesting in light of the recent brouhaha over the American Jewish Lobby on this forum:
------------------------------------------------------

AFP-EJP
http://www. ejpress.org/article/22155

Days before President Nicolas Sarkozy's state visit in Algiers, the Algerian veterans' minister has kicked up a storm with remarks about France's "Jewish lobby" being behind his election. The Algerian minister, Mohammed Cherif Abbas, was quoted in the Al Khabar daily on Monday as attributing Sarkozy's rise to power to a powerful "Jewish lobby" that he said held sway over French industry. He also linked this to Sarkozy's roots -- the president's maternal grandfather was Jewish.

Werbung:
So (utilizing my brand new modly powers) I moved this to European politics, since it's about France and didn't really fit under "US Politics" (as it doesn't have anything to do with the US).

Hope you're cool with that.

Werbung:
I found the following item to be very interesting in light of the recent brouhaha over the American Jewish Lobby on this forum:
------------------------------------------------------

AFP-EJP
http://www. ejpress.org/article/22155

Days before President Nicolas Sarkozy's state visit in Algiers, the Algerian veterans' minister has kicked up a storm with remarks about France's "Jewish lobby" being behind his election. The Algerian minister, Mohammed Cherif Abbas, was quoted in the Al Khabar daily on Monday as attributing Sarkozy's rise to power to a powerful "Jewish lobby" that he said held sway over French industry. He also linked this to Sarkozy's roots -- the president's maternal grandfather was Jewish.

Nothing but hypocricital BS here. I wonder if the conversation would have been with someone else and made a jab about the Christian or Muslim lobby getting someone elected?
Because those two influences are far more than the jewish lobby could dream of.

Back