1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Algerian Minister Says 'Jewish Lobby' Behind Sarkozy

Discussion in 'European Politics' started by Lasher, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Lasher

Lasher New Member

I found the following item to be very interesting in light of the recent brouhaha over the American Jewish Lobby on this forum:
    ------------------------------------------------------

Algerian Minister Says 'Jewish Lobby' Behind Sarkozy
    AFP-EJP
    http://www. ejpress.org/article/22155

Days before President Nicolas Sarkozy's state visit in Algiers, the Algerian veterans' minister has kicked up a storm with remarks about France's "Jewish lobby" being behind his election. The Algerian minister, Mohammed Cherif Abbas, was quoted in the Al Khabar daily on Monday as attributing Sarkozy's rise to power to a powerful "Jewish lobby" that he said held sway over French industry. He also linked this to Sarkozy's roots -- the president's maternal grandfather was Jewish.

2. vyo476

vyo476 Active Member

So (utilizing my brand new modly powers) I moved this to European politics, since it's about France and didn't really fit under "US Politics" (as it doesn't have anything to do with the US).

Hope you're cool with that.

3. Bunz

Bunz New Member

Nothing but hypocricital BS here. I wonder if the conversation would have been with someone else and made a jab about the Christian or Muslim lobby getting someone elected?
    Because those two influences are far more than the jewish lobby could dream of.