All AAA rated countries provide universal health care

ProudLefty

The rest of the developed world is living better than us, offer more services to their citizens, and have a generally higher standard of living, yet the Right bemoans social programs and how assert that good social programs sap the citizenry.

Do you know that in most of those countries most prisoners go home for the weekends and then report back to prison on Sunday evening? ha ha ha aren't they stupid. Their crime rates are lower, their violence rates are lower, and their recidivism rates are lower than ours. They are pretty stupid, eh? They could learn a lot from Texas, right?

The facts are out there. All they have to do is look at other countries.

Greece, that country on the verge of ruin, to hear the Right talk about it, has decent numbers. But one number that is striking is that retirement is at age 53 with 80% pension, for life. Their debt is similar to ours, and they are coping. Why are we paying attention to these doomsayers who are destroying our economy just to can win an election?

Werbung:
The rest of the developed world is living better than us, offer more services to their citizens, and have a generally higher standard of living, yet the Right bemoans social programs and how assert that good social programs sap the citizenry.

Do you know that in most of those countries most prisoners go home for the weekends and then report back to prison on Sunday evening? ha ha ha aren't they stupid. Their crime rates are lower, their violence rates are lower, and their recidivism rates are lower than ours. They are pretty stupid, eh? They could learn a lot from Texas, right?

The facts are out there. All they have to do is look at other countries.

Greece, that country on the verge of ruin, to hear the Right talk about it, has decent numbers. But one number that is striking is that retirement is at age 53 with 80% pension, for life. Their debt is similar to ours, and they are coping. Why are we paying attention to these doomsayers who are destroying our economy just to can win an election?

Unbelievable!

How does one debate such foolishness?

When I did a fact check on that the first thing I learned is that when comparing countries one uses what is called the Human Development Index.

"The Human Development Index (HDI) is a composite statistic used to rank countries by level of "human development" and separate "very high human development", "high human development", "medium human development", and "low human development" countries. The Human Development Index (HDI) is a comparative measure of life expectancy, literacy, education and standards of living for countries worldwide. It is a standard means of measuring well-being, especially child welfare. It is used to distinguish whether the country is a developed, a developing or an under-developed country, and also to measure the impact of economic policies on quality of life

And according to the index:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:UN_Human_Development_Report_2010_1.PNG

(baah. I am not posting that correctly. but the pic shows that dark green countries have the highest rank and the US is one of two (maybe three) dark green countries. All others rank lower.

Werbung:
When I did a fact check on that the first thing I learned is that when comparing countries one uses what is called the Human Development Index.

"The Human Development Index (HDI) is a composite statistic used to rank countries by level of "human development" and separate "very high human development", "high human development", "medium human development", and "low human development" countries. The Human Development Index (HDI) is a comparative measure of life expectancy, literacy, education and standards of living for countries worldwide. It is a standard means of measuring well-being, especially child welfare. It is used to distinguish whether the country is a developed, a developing or an under-developed country, and also to measure the impact of economic policies on quality of life

And according to the index:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:UN_Human_Development_Report_2010_1.PNG

(baah. I am not posting that correctly. but the pic shows that dark green countries have the highest rank and the US is one of two (maybe three) dark green countries. All others rank lower.

most illuminating, thanks

Back