All-Of-A-Sudden, Republicans Are "Concerned"?

Mr. Shaman

"Top congressional Republicans cautioned Democrats not to rush through a massive stimulus package that lawmakers hope to send to President-elect Barack Obama shortly after he takes office next month.
A House Democratic leadership aide told CNN on Tuesday that Congress will likely take up a stimulus bill the second week of January.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Kentucky, said the Congress must prove to taxpayers that the stimulus bill, which some economists suggest could amount to $1 trillion, "is not wasting their money."

"We should have a simple test: will the yet-unwritten, reportedly trillion-dollar spending bill really create jobs and grow the economy -- or will it simply create more government spending, more bureaucrats and deeper deficits?" McConnell said in a statement Monday."​

How odd they were never (as) concerned about oversight of the bank-bailouts.​

Werbung:
But surely a trillion dollars would be better spent on illegal warfare killing hundreds of thousands innocent men, women and children

Nah, who would vote for such a thing?

I don't see anything the republicans have done or that the democrats will do as preventing a severe multi-year economic contraction. Actually, I don't believe there is anything that they can do.

I'm convinced that three years from now, GDP will be half what it was three years ago.

You can tell the Old Sheriff is hittin'-the-road.​

"The Justice Department has reached more than a dozen business-related settlements since the presidential election, with more in the pipeline for January, prompting lawyers and interest groups to assert that companies are seeking more favorable terms before the new administration arrives.

The climate for business settlements could grow more harsh when Obama appointees seize the reins at the Justice Departmenthttp://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=5679, corporate lawyers say. They point to statements by Attorney General-designate Eric H. Holder Jr., who told an audience last month that he would expand the focus of federal prosecutors into corporate suites."

hittin the road huh........................better make sure people are minding the fort

i hope we don't let our guard down.................or get ready for another 9/11 only probably worse

i have always been concerned as ALL AMERICANS should be right now this is not a dem rep issue its our country and it needs to be fixed NOW.

Perhaps you missed that Republicans in the House voted down the bailout at first, and set forth a new plan, and railed against the lack of oversight in the plan that passed?
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....after (nearly) eight-years of giving The Idiot Son endless-passes....Republicans finally "get it", huh?

Great-timing, there.

:rolleyes:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....after (nearly) eight-years of giving The Idiot Son endless-passes....Republicans finally "get it", huh?

Great-timing, there.

So now that you are proved to be mistaken again, you attempt to move the goal posts?

So now that you are proved to be mistaken again.....
....That Republicans disagreed with The Idiot Son, once they realized it was too-late for him to ruin their careers.

Yeah.....that took a lotta balls.

Perhaps you missed that Republicans in the House voted down the bailout at first, and set forth a new plan, and railed against the lack of oversight in the plan that passed?

Go figure. :rolleyes:

Its sad when a issue comes up that I side with the republican view of no bail out, many still voted and it was jammed down there neck by Bush with his normal way of getting votes....if you dont vote for this, the world will end! ( paraphrased)

Sad even when I take a Republican viewpoint, Bush Fails me.

Werbung:
Back