An Obama Issue

BTW I think you two should stop down in the Thread "Ithink I have decided on who to vote for president" just one down from this and have your way with the would be Obama supporters there... Im seriously considering moving the first quote from Dr.Who and pasting them up to see how many people call me a white honky before the end of it!!! :eek:

Werbung:
BTW I think you two should stop down in the Thread "Ithink I have decided on who to vote for president" just one down from this and have your way with the would be Obama supporters there... Im seriously considering moving the first quote from Dr.Who and pasting them up to see how many people call me a white honky before the end of it!!! :eek:

Be fully prepared to be called a racist. I am really shocked at how many times I have been called one or eluded to be one. I have faught racism my whole life and oddly enough for Blacks more than any other group, though my ethnic background is something else.

I was just posting in priv that I had hoped some people would wake up. I got my wish, someone did :)

Yes if all the crap about Obama came out before there would be differnt choices for sure, mabye even on the republican side. I am sort of disgruntled in my two choices, really my one choice because there is no way I could vote for Obama and his skin color has nothing to do with it.

by the way, welcome to the forums

If you read closely, you'll see there is .02% doubt in his mind. Once VP's are chosen and the debates happen, that doubt will either disappear or grow. I can understand the reasons for supporting Obama but I don't think any of them are more than wishful thinking. The guy has had a total of 148 days in Congress, he is a media creation and as Obama said in one of his books:

Undoubtedbly, some of these views will get me in trouble, I am new enough on the national political screen that I serve as a blank screen on which people of vastly different political stripe project their own views. As such I am bound to disappoint some, if not all of them. Which perhaps indicates a second, more intimate theme to this book - namely how I or anybody else in public office, can avoid the pitfalls of fame, the hunger to please, the fear of loss, and thereby retain that kernel of truth, that singular voice within each of us that reminds us of our deepest commitments.

His supporters don't have the SLIGHTEST clue as to what this man plans to do as POTUS, as demonstrated by their complete lack of understanding and inability to defend Obama's political platform.

Does it bother anyone that Obama states that he is bound to disappoint some, if not ALL who support him? But hey, he gives them that warm fuzzy feeling for now... its coming down from the Cool Aid buzz thats gonna be a bummer.

We don't agree on much GenSeneca, but on that we can agree.

But then again, we both know Obama won't make it that far. The conservatives are gearing up to finally release the Sinclair story mainstream. Just after Denver the American Public will be sitting in their living rooms with their jaws on the ground. And we democrats will be out of the running.

I think from now on we should just discuss the future with McCain as our assured president and what that will mean. I think we should give up any ideas of winning in the Fall and instead just concentrate on Congress.

The DNC will sacrafice a democratic win this Fall on the altar of not looking racist. So effective has that card been played, and played to the hilt by -Raised-In-A-Priveledged-White-Home-In-Hawaii-And-Exterminated-Fellow-Minorities-In-Chicago-To-Run-Unopposed, that superdelegates are cowering in fear of being labelled racist. Little do their quivering and politically-correct hearts know that Obama will sacrafice their special interests on a moment's notice if that's the way the current wind is blowing.

But hey, at least the DNC won't appear racist.. And in this critical election, that's all that matters...

All hail King...um..."President" McCain.

The conservatives are gearing up to finally release the Sinclair story mainstream.

Conservatives are not the same thing as Republicans but people not on the right don't tend to notice the extreme differences between the two.

As for the Sinclair story, the Left has done, and is doing, such a good job of painting McCain as the Anti-Christ that the Sinclair story - if found to be true - would have a miniscule affect on the Obama campaign. He's just too popular and McCain is an evil, corporatist war monger, so Obamaphiles would still prefer a gay, crack smoker with personality over him.

the Sinclair story - if found to be true - would have a miniscule affect on the Obama campaign. He's just too popular and McCain is an evil, corporatist war monger, so Obamaphiles would still prefer a gay, crack smoker with personality over him.~GenSeneca
Let's assume that what you're saying is true, that the left, consisting in no small part of gay or gay-sympathizers and minorities and young people, would somehow forgive Obama if it was found he left a trail of murdered young gay black people in his wake to climb to the nomination...

For now we'll assume you're right about that...:rolleyes:

Maybe you've forgotten that Obama is battling to recover the overwhelming preponderance of votes still up for grab in the center? Those will be out the friggin' window my friend. A convenient little detail you left out..:cool:

And of course, predictably, Obama will lose.

You know he has no chance. Continuing to use selective-semantics like you just did to deflect the untrained eye is undermining your credibility very badly. It's making you look like what you are: a GOP spindoctor who is twisting words and using selective information to portray the image that Obama still has a fighting chance when you know for a fact the Sinclair story has teeth and will be released by your fellow party members just after the convention to bury any hopes democrats have of realizing a win in the Fall.

You see, this is a new generation of democrats who know BS when they see it. We know your real and feared enemy is Hillary Clinton and that you mean to use any means necessary to see that you not face her on the ballot in November.

The GOP/Obama Trap

votes still up for grab in the center?

I'm not sure why I bother but here goes...

McCain=Bush in the minds of "Swing Voters"
Obama=Change in the minds of "Swing Voters"

So no matter what comes out about Obama, I don't think it will have a significant impact. People HATE Bush, they think he's BFF with McCain and McCain has many other faults that people can look past in Obama but freak out about with McCain.

I'm not sure why I bother but here goes...

McCain=Bush in the minds of "Swing Voters"
Obama=Change in the minds of "Swing Voters"

So no matter what comes out about Obama, I don't think it will have a significant impact. People HATE Bush, they think he's BFF with McCain and McCain has many other faults that people can look past in Obama but freak out about with McCain.

I think you're right but not just in the minds but in the reality of things.

John McCain make no bones about it anymore. He sold his year 2000 soul and in 2008 is 100% a Bush disciple. And on top of that he is "old politics" embodied! He's been doing his Keating five wheeling & dealing in Washington for what... 26 years or more. He's the kind of guy that admittedly dumps his wife for a newer model. And his mindset is that of an old man not someone looking to a great new future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFhakR_dork

Senator Obama is a change for the better with his reasoning and calm intelligent approach. Hey he's a Dad with little kids to think about. You have a smart guy... a Daddy... with the future of the world and his own little girls to think about. It's a great match for the screwed up times the Republicans have stuck us in. A little Hope & Change can go a long way right now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qTD7geUCyM

I think you're right but not just in the minds but in the reality of things.

John McCain make no bones about it anymore. He sold his year 2000 soul and in 2008 is 100% a Bush disciple. And on top of that he is "old politics" embodied! He's been doing his Keating five wheeling & dealing in Washington for what... 26 years or more. He's the kind of guy that admittedly dumps his wife for a newer model. And his mindset is that of an old man not someone looking to a great new future.

Senator Obama is a change for the better with his reasoning and calm intelligent approach. Hey he's a Dad with little kids to think about. You have a smart guy... a Daddy... with the future of the world and his own little girls to think about. It's a great match for the screwed up times the Republicans have stuck us in. A little Hope & Change can go a long way right now!

Top Gun, please answer this question:

Would you still vote for him if there was incontestable proof that Obama had Gay sex and smoked crack? I think you still would...

As for everything you said... Propaganda Works! You noted Keating 5 but failed to mention Tony Rezco. You have to ignore ALL the differences between McCain and Bush to think they are the McSame (McCain is closer to Obama than he is to Bush IMO). Then its hearsay and Ageism to finish your argument against McCain... Par for the course!

Obama, everything you said was the typical emotional appeal completely lacking in substance, again par for the course where Obama is concerned.

Shock me sometime and really discuss Obama's policies, show me that you understand what "Change" really is and what he's proposing. The copy and paste thing, and regurgitation of talking points, then cheerleading for Obama is not what I'm looking for... I've had plenty of that.

Heres a question for you popeye.. why in the hell do I constantly have to keep suffering because everyone else is to lazy to get off their ass and WORK for what they want?
He will work to increase our number of science and engineering graduates, encourage undergraduates studying math and science to pursue graduate studies, and work to increase the representation of minorities and women in the science and technology pipeline, tapping the diversity of America to meet the increasing demand for a skilled workforce.

Why do I constantly have to keep hearing " minorities and women "
If they wanted something .. they would have WORKED for it... I can't help that I might be smarter then alot of the population... or that my skin is white.. and I got a dick between my legs. So why is it we constantly have to push this crap that some how they are under privledged ? I can give example upon example of women , blacks , mexicans who simply busted their hump .. and achieved greatness.
Do you think Oprah got a hand-out? DO you think George Washington Carver was given a P.H.D because people felt bad for him?

I thought this guy was about equality... not constantly telling me that because of being born white.. I am inheritly cursed to be pushed aside.

And another thing popeye

Why in the world is Obama avoiding the topic about nationalize language in our country.

You know the statement so I'm not even gonna comment...

I can litterally take you down blocks upon blocks upons blocks of my city streets.. where you would swear it was Mexico because every poster , every billboard and every shop is written in Spanish...

This is not just about a language barrier but a total change in culture.. and the last time i checked we were not headed to Mexico.. but they are headed here... so why do I have to be forced to literally live in Mexico?

and further more.. alot of jobs now require you to be bi-lingual.
Last time I checked.. when I go to Germany... no one makes provisions because I only speak english.

And another thing popeye

Why in the world is Obama avoiding the topic about nationalize language in our country.

You know the statement so I'm not even gonna comment...

I can litterally take you down blocks upon blocks upons blocks of my city streets.. where you would swear it was Mexico because every poster , every billboard and every shop is written in Spanish...

This is not just about a language barrier but a total change in culture.. and the last time i checked we were not headed to Mexico.. but they are headed here... so why do I have to be forced to literally live in Mexico?

and further more.. alot of jobs now require you to be bi-lingual.
Last time I checked.. when I go to Germany... no one makes provisions because I only speak english.

Canada has two official languages dysfunc and we think it's good. You need to be more tolerant and accept that speaking american is not necessarily speaking English.

Why are you americans so worried about these things?

Well, I guess I'm the "odd ball" in the group (so what else is new), but I believe that "universal suffrage" is an egregious error.

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, we need to initiate voting tests. Nothing wild or outrageous, just simple, basic Civics 101 type questions, as well as showing that you know who the people on the ballot are. Who is your Governor, who are your US Senators, who is your US Representative, who are your State Representatives, who is your State Senator, who is your Mayor/County Commissioner, how many Amedments are there in the Constitution, how many Articles are there in the Constitution, what Rights are protected by the First Amendment, etc.). Everyone would be given a "study guide" when they initially go to register to vote, and if they subsequently fail to pass the test, they're not allowed to vote, until such time as they can pass the test. Frankly, if you're too ignorant to have a basic comprehension and understanding of how your own government works, you have no business being ALLOWED to vote.

To me, it's long past time that we ended the ability of the sheeple to vote based on their desire for "bread and circuses", and demanded that they at least have some basic comprehension of the issues before they cast that vote.

Werbung:
Back