An Obama Issue

Well, I guess I'm the "odd ball" in the group (so what else is new), but I believe that "universal suffrage" is an egregious error.

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, we need to initiate voting tests. Nothing wild or outrageous, just simple, basic Civics 101 type questions, as well as showing that you know who the people on the ballot are. Who is your Governor, who are your US Senators, who is your US Representative, who are your State Representatives, who is your State Senator, who is your Mayor/County Commissioner, how many Amedments are there in the Constitution, how many Articles are there in the Constitution, what Rights are protected by the First Amendment, etc.). Everyone would be given a "study guide" when they initially go to register to vote, and if they subsequently fail to pass the test, they're not allowed to vote, until such time as they can pass the test. Frankly, if you're too ignorant to have a basic comprehension and understanding of how your own government works, you have no business being ALLOWED to vote.

To me, it's long past time that we ended the ability of the sheeple to vote based on their desire for "bread and circuses", and demanded that they at least have some basic comprehension of the issues before they cast that vote.

We can't even make a voting test as simple as "you are who your ID says you are." Our government is incapable of creating a test that they would not use for political advantage.

What we need is a free and unbiased media. While the MSM does not qualify all the media together do.

What we need is to simply stop coddling people who are too stupid to show up on time or read english on the ballot, etc.

What we need is less apathy and more individuals to take an interest.

The first and the last of those three is about what we the people do. If we are going to keep our democracy then we need to take responsibility. Unsubscribe to poor newspapers, talk to your neighbors about "religion and politics". Write letters to your congressmen and vote etc.

Werbung:
We can't even make a voting test as simple as "you are who your ID says you are."

That's the States faults, and most are addressing it now that they've seen how many problems it causes.

Our government is incapable of creating a test that they would not use for political advantage.

They don't need to, I already did, and I'll be more than happy to forward it to them, AGAIN, if necessary.

What we need is a free and unbiased media. While the MSM does not qualify all the media together do.

Good luck with that one. We've NEVER had an "unbiased" media in this country.

What we need is to simply stop coddling people who are too stupid to show up on time or read english on the ballot, etc.

Exactly!

What we need is less apathy and more individuals to take an interest.

And under my plan, those who are apathetic and haven't taken an interest, wouldn't be allowed to pollute the system with their apathy and ignorance.

The first and the last of those three is about what we the people do. If we are going to keep our democracy then we need to take responsibility. Unsubscribe to poor newspapers, talk to your neighbors about "religion and politics". Write letters to your congressmen and vote etc.

Check, check, check, check, and check!

Werbung:
Good luck with that one. We've NEVER had an "unbiased" media in this country.

Well we agree on so much. Yet, I do think that when one considers all the various media together we do get the whole story. Granted it takes work to read and attend to different accounts but that is just the way it is.

I particularly like it when someone says: You won't hear about this from the media but did you know... and then they quote some media source. Hey Joe's blog is a media source. It is even better when someone else comes along and posts the third page account that was in the msm - buried but there.

Back