"And I will — I will never turn Medicare into a voucher."

dogtowner

Staff member
uh oh... busted

remember this from BO's acceptance speech ?

turns out the next day he approved doing just that.

you can tell he's lying when his lips are moving. or he's an imbecile. maybe both ?

In his convention speech in Charlotte, President Obama vowed to block the Republican Medicare reform plan because “no American should ever have to spend their golden years at the mercy of insurance companies.”

But back in Washington, his Health and Human Services Department is launching a pilot program that would shift up to 2 million of the poorest and most-vulnerable seniors out of the federal Medicare program and into private health insurance plans overseen by the states.

The administration has accepted applications from 18 states to participate in the program, which would give states money to purchase managed-care plans for people who are either disabled or poor enough to qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid. HHS approved the first state plan, one for Massachusetts, last month.

Werbung:
And no one calls him on it. I hate to beat a dead horse, but if he were a Republican the media would be all over it.

At first I did not believe that the pres was in favor of any such plan that would remove people from gov run programs and put them into programs run by insurance companies. I would still like to see this fact checked.

But on closer examination he said that he did not want to see people at the mercy of insurance companies and since the insurance companies would actually be run by gov via regulation he is true to his word. This way anything bad can be blamed on the insurance companies and anything good can be used by gov to take credit.

I do wonder how this program will save the huge amounts of money it is claimed to save. Will people get less service or will there simply be less waste?

At first I did not believe that the pres was in favor of any such plan that would remove people from gov run programs and put them into programs run by insurance companies. I would still like to see this fact checked.

But on closer examination he said that he did not want to see people at the mercy of insurance companies and since the insurance companies would actually be run by gov via regulation he is true to his word. This way anything bad can be blamed on the insurance companies and anything good can be used by gov to take credit.

I do wonder how this program will save the huge amounts of money it is claimed to save. Will people get less service or will there simply be less waste?

more appropriate which = less waste. except if ins cos have their hands tied too much ghen its a wash apart from a few less fed employees ( i know im dreaming there)

Werbung:
The healthcare act is open-ended. I'm convinced that the real goal is to eventually have a single payer system, government run. Now that it's considered a tax, and the IRS is going to implement it, how long before healthcare will be deducted from your paycheck like other payroll taxes? It's a huge government trojan horse.

Back