And They Wonder Why

Old_Trapper70

Christianity is losing its influence in the world, and especially in America. This is an article posted in a Christian forum I go to, and if one reads it they can see why people have no faith in Christianity. The "leaders" have lost any sense of integrity, or principles:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...vided-distraught/86789298/?platform=hootsuite

"Gary Novak is anguished by the mere thought of Donald Trump. The presumptive Republican presidential nominee is bombastic, insulting and untrustworthy and has no moral compass, Novak says.

Still, the Baptist pastor from Monticello is pretty much resigned to voting for him.

“Will I vote? Yes, I probably will, and I probably will vote for Donald Trump,” Novak said.

Such conflicted feelings are pervasive within Iowa’s large and politically active evangelical community, which gathers Saturday for one of its biggest annual events: the Family Leadership Summit. With Election Day four months away, born-again Christians who for decades have enthusiastically volunteered and voted for Republicans are struggling to come to terms with Trump’s political ascendancy.

<skip>

Trump’s views on abortion have been inconsistent, unclear and frequently evolving in recent years. And while he says he now opposes same-sex marriage, he also has favored legal protections for gay and transgender people that some conservatives fear undermine religious liberty.

And at an evangelical forum in Iowa last year, Trump said he was “not sure” he had ever asked God for forgiveness and then seemed to trivialize the Communion sacrament.

“When I drink my little wine — which is about the only wine I drink — and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness,” Trump said at the 2015 Family Leadership Summit, “and I do that as often as possible, because I feel cleansed.”

<skip>

The my-party-right-or-wrong perspective appears to be taking hold for Novak and his congregation at Monticello Baptist. Novak backed U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz in the Iowa caucuses, and discovered on caucus night that most of his congregation did too. At his precinct, no one even stood up to offer an endorsement speech for Trump.

Four months later, they’ve mostly come around to the presumptive nominee.

“I think most of them will vote, and will vote for Donald Trump,” Novak said. “But they would be, like myself, reluctant to do so.” "

Werbung:
Trump might be considered the lesser of two evils in the eyes of the religious right. Nonetheless, the question remains, "Is he really the lesser of two evils?". Of course, in the eyes of liberal Christians, Hillary might be the best choice or the lesser of two evils.

Anyhow, I find the idea Trump would be even a baby Christian to be a joke. His recent conversion seems to be a political scheme and his remarks during the campaign about the Bible seem to be material for some late night show parody. :rolleyes:

Trump might be considered the lesser of two evils in the eyes of the religious right. Nonetheless, the question remains, "Is he really the lesser of two evils?". Of course, in the eyes of liberal Christians, Hillary might be the best choice or the lesser of two evils.

Anyhow, I find the idea Trump would be even a baby Christian to be a joke. His recent conversion seems to be a political scheme and his remarks during the campaign about the Bible seem to be material for some late night show parody. :rolleyes:

He was a Democrat until 5 years ago when he decided to run for the Presidency.

I am a liberal but would vote for Trump for his stance against Islam and Sharia. That ideology is not at all compatible with any freedom loving Western ideology.

Islam, lke Christianity are losing ground because both religions are homophobic and misogynous and people are just fed up with their immoral creeds.

The more intelligent and moral a person is, the faster they will shun Christianity and Islam.

Regards
DL

Another lie. In the article you read what his idea of communion is. I seriously doubt he has ever read beyond the book cover.
One could say he was exercising a bit of hyperbole, but even hyperbole is a lie if there is zilch to back it up. He has botched way too many things while boasting about his religion.

Yeah I read his communion comment, "when I drink my little wine... and eat my little cracker."

Werbung:
One could say he was exercising a bit of hyperbole, but even hyperbole is a lie if there is zilch to back it up. He has botched way too many things while boasting about his religion.

Yeah I read his communion comment, "when I drink my little wine... and eat my little cracker."

That was a subliminal message to his red neck crackers.

Regards
DL

Back