And You Wonder Why McCain Is Losing

Greco

Guess who the highest paid staffer was on the McCain campaign?

Palin’s Makeup Stylist Fetches Highest Salary in 2-Week Period
By Michael Luo (New York Times)

Who was the highest paid individual in Senator John McCain’s presidential campaign during the first half of October as it headed down the homestretch?

Not Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain’s chief foreign policy adviser; not Nicolle Wallace, his senior communications staff member. It was Amy Strozzi, who was identified by the Washington Post this week as Gov. Sarah Palin’s traveling makeup artist, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday night.

Ms. Strozzi, who was nominated for an Emmy award for her makeup work on the television show “So You Think You Can Dance?”, was paid $22,800 for the first two weeks of October alone, according to the records. The campaign categorized Ms. Strozzi’s payment as “PERSONNEL SVC/EQUIPMENT.”

The payment on Oct. 10 made Ms. Strozzi the single highest-paid individual in the campaign for that two-week period. (There were more than two dozen companies that got larger payments than Ms. Strozzi). She easily beat out Mr. Scheunemann, who received $12,500 in the first half of October, and Ms. Wallace, who got $12,000.

In September, Ms. Strozzi was also paid $13,200 for “communications consulting.” But several individuals were paid more by the McCain campaign that month, including Mike DuHaime, the political director, who received $25,000 for “GOTV CONSULTING,” and Mark Salter, one of Mr. McCain’s senior advisers, who got $13,224 in salary.

There has been much scrutiny this week, of course, over the $150,000 Republican National Committee spent outfitting Ms. Palin in September at high-end department stores like Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, as well as for makeup services.

The campaign finance reports filed on Thursday night, which showed the McCain campaign and the R.N.C. had about $84 million left in the bank on Oct. 15, did not immediately appear to show any similar payments in the first half of October.

Werbung:
Hey, so Palin's got her own $45,000 a month makeup artist...isn't she just your average everyday hockey mom? I mean, the 150k spent on clothes and hair proves that...doesn't it?

Seriously, if I had donated to the McCain campaign I'd be disturbed by these wasteful expenditures. He's been trailing badly, both in the polls and financially, so they spend 200k on Palin's clothes and makeup? Seems to me some ads here and there would have made much more sense.

It's all about "judgment". The kind of judgment he'd bring with him to the White House. However, the way the polls are looking, he'll only get to the White House when President Obama invites him over for some burgers and beer.

Guess who the highest paid staffer was on the McCain campaign?

Palin’s Makeup Stylist Fetches Highest Salary in 2-Week Period
By Michael Luo (New York Times)

Who was the highest paid individual in Senator John McCain’s presidential campaign during the first half of October as it headed down the homestretch?

Not Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain’s chief foreign policy adviser; not Nicolle Wallace, his senior communications staff member. It was Amy Strozzi, who was identified by the Washington Post this week as Gov. Sarah Palin’s traveling makeup artist, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday night.

Ms. Strozzi, who was nominated for an Emmy award for her makeup work on the television show “So You Think You Can Dance?”, was paid $22,800 for the first two weeks of October alone, according to the records. The campaign categorized Ms. Strozzi’s payment as “PERSONNEL SVC/EQUIPMENT.”

The payment on Oct. 10 made Ms. Strozzi the single highest-paid individual in the campaign for that two-week period. (There were more than two dozen companies that got larger payments than Ms. Strozzi). She easily beat out Mr. Scheunemann, who received $12,500 in the first half of October, and Ms. Wallace, who got $12,000.

In September, Ms. Strozzi was also paid $13,200 for “communications consulting.” But several individuals were paid more by the McCain campaign that month, including Mike DuHaime, the political director, who received $25,000 for “GOTV CONSULTING,” and Mark Salter, one of Mr. McCain’s senior advisers, who got $13,224 in salary.

There has been much scrutiny this week, of course, over the $150,000 Republican National Committee spent outfitting Ms. Palin in September at high-end department stores like Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, as well as for makeup services.

The campaign finance reports filed on Thursday night, which showed the McCain campaign and the R.N.C. had about $84 million left in the bank on Oct. 15, did not immediately appear to show any similar payments in the first half of October.

How much is Oprah paying her make up people to make Michelle Obama half decent....? Have you ever asked your self that?

This from the same group of people who keep crying like french school girls: "You McCain supporters never talk about the issues..."

And what do you guys drone on and on about? Anything but the "issues"... Of course with the brilliant use of double standards you employ, anything you want to talk about is suddenly an "issue" whereas those in the opposition are said to simply be "spreading hate filled racist lies"... even when they are directly addressing REAL issues.

Hey, so Palin's got her own $45,000 a month makeup artist...isn't she just your average everyday hockey mom? I mean, the 150k spent on clothes and hair proves that...doesn't it?

Seriously, if I had donated to the McCain campaign I'd be disturbed by these wasteful expenditures. He's been trailing badly, both in the polls and financially, so they spend 200k on Palin's clothes and makeup? Seems to me some ads here and there would have made much more sense.

Politics is perception. I once voted for a DA because she had good looking yams.

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Obama make an arrangement on the campaign fund raising in the beginning that he renigged on?

I think that has been overlooked in all of this.

How much is Oprah paying her make up people to make Michelle Obama half decent....? Have you ever asked your self that?

Is Oprah running for president????????

nice argument genius.......

You are right. It is worse that the Obama campaign is accepting free services which just may come with strings unlike the McCain campaign with is just spending it's own money.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

And can you explain exactly what string Oprah Winfrey would attach to a makeup artist??? roflmao!!! That has to be the most asinine point I've heard to date.....

Oh here I got one......

Oprah offers free makeup artist services to the Obama campaign in return for her show being mandatoy on every channel a minimum of 12 hours a day......roflmao thanks for the laugh, that was really good......

You are right. It is worse that the Obama campaign is accepting free services which just may come with strings unlike the McCain campaign with is just spending it's own money.

I think if someones offering you a free wardrobe, go for it! Rather than spending the money you've been donated the doners probably aren't too pleased about.

Anyway, huge strings attached to Oprah because of a wardrobe? Lets not be overdramatic.

Werbung:
Their are tons and tons of unanswered questions concerning Obama! Our national media has been bent for years on DESTROYING AMERICA! Have YOU ever heard any Liberal media outlet ask Obama a serious probing question? NO , you have not and they never will. I have just one question for Obama and our Radical Left wing Media to answer:
Question , Barack Obama can you tell us why America should elect a radical Muslim as our President at a time when our military are dying fighting against this very same enemy?

And one follow up question, Barack Hussein Obama how did it come to pass that you formed such a close relationship with people who Hate America and in fact committed terrorist acts against America and to this day remain opposed to American interests?

Back