Another Democrat Congressman in trouble with the law with assault!

So you've understood there are no double standards involved on the police officer scenario?

Why do you believe Clinton should have been impeached?

Lied under oath
Lied to the american people
Lied to Congress
Lied to the Grand Jury
Lied in Senate Jury
Obstructed Justice

Thats far more serious then compared than Ollie North and Richard Nixon done.

Werbung:
Lied under oath
Lied to the american people
Lied to Congress
Lied to the Grand Jury
Lied in Senate Jury
Obstructed Justice

Thats far more serious then compared than Ollie North and Richard Nixon done.

Oh pleeease!

Pick on someone else. We all know Clinton was loved by America hated by conservatives... old, old news.

Clinton had a consensual adult affair and didn't want to bring it out in public to hurt his wife and young daughter. Tens of thousands of American men and women lie under oath in divorce court every single day for the same type of reasons Clinton did.

Sure we all know he shouldn't have done it. He should have just kept dodging it like Bush when asked about his rampant drug use in college. Do the "Bush" and just keep saying... I'm not going to talk about my personal life... it's personal.

There's not even any comparison to what North and Nixon did. They did political misdeeds that involved the country, not lie about having a girlfriend... come on.

Steve, every president lies, every government lies, every government gets involved secretly in the justice system. Its something your going to have to accept. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, 98% are laughable, but everyone should realise the government does illegal things behind the scenes, and goes against its word.

Its a sad fact, and something should be done about it, but at the same time, impeaching Clinton wouldn't have made it all better, would it?

Steve, every president lies, every government lies, every government gets involved secretly in the justice system. Its something your going to have to accept. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, 98% are laughable, but everyone should realise the government does illegal things behind the scenes, and goes against its word.

You're right, 9sub and this is why I laugh when people rail against Bush's "secrecy". The only reason people think his administration is more secretive than previous ones is because their "secrets" keep being leaked.

It's even funnier when people complain about what the CIA is doing, as if Bush has anything to do with it. The CIA has been doing what is does since Eisenhower. Partisan hacks.

Sub sure everybody lies.But we all have to pay the penalty now do we? It just seems democrats dont take responsibilty for their actions. Republicans take responsibilty for their actions. Democrats just cover it up.

Sub sure everybody lies.But we all have to pay the penalty now do we? It just seems democrats dont take responsibilty for their actions. Republicans take responsibilty for their actions. Democrats just cover it up.

Not being partisan look at it. Seriously don't you see in both Party's the vast majority of the time especially if it's a private personal issue but also almost always even when it's an actual crime no one starts screaming they're guilty at first.

This is what I truly believe is the truth... non-partizan... NO BULL!... the truth.
The Republicans do get hit harder over the head when like Mark Foley they run an anti-gay pro family agenda to get elected and then get caught wanting to play footsie with male Congressional pages. Or Republican fund raiser & evangelist Ted Haggard running a huge religious organization bashing gays and drugs condemning that as stuff the Democrats put up with in their Party. While he's simultaneously smoking crystal meth with a male prostitute... come on. I mean sure these guys run into rehab and says it was the booze or something but come on... I mean I've been really, really drunk. Never thought... maybe I'll call up a subordinate at work and get gay with him... or Wow I'm drunk, what I need is a professional gay stud and some meth to cap off the night.

And it's that way on both sides. The difference is you don't ride in on that high horse if you're gay in the Democratic Party you can just say... Hello I'm Congressman Barney Frank and I'm gay.

The thing is no one likes to get caught in a vulnerable position. The first thing any lawyer says to a client is don't admit to anything. Then they go through the process and the case evolves one way or the other. You know this isn't a Republican or Democratic issue... it's a human being issue.

But like I said some things rise to the level of Witch Hunting. I don't care how many gay Republicans there are in Congress. I don't care if Clinton had ten girlfriends as long as he did a good job running my country. Which he did... 62% overall job approval rating... even after being impeached! And he was impeached. He lied about having an affair with a lady... I guess I can say at least it was a lady! He apologized, he was embarrassed, he paid the political price for it.

I try to judge things on their seriousness. Nixon going along with & covering up a burglary seems to rise to a higher level then not wanting to tell the country about your girlfriend. And if you look at it the punishment was as to the crime. Nixon had to resign for what he did. Clinton got impeached... which basically means pulled out on the carpet and told because you did whatever this is going on your "permanent record". Case closed.

Both sides make mistakes. Both sides pay a price. No one jumps up and down before they have to saying... I did it... I did it. :)

Mark Foley didnt fight not resigning. Nixon didnt fight not resigning. But Bill Clinton Fought it. Foley and Nixon took responsibily for theur actions Bill Clinton didnt. Obama wife is right. If Hillary cant disapline her Husband how you expect to disapline nations like Russia,China or even North Korea?

Mark Foley didnt fight not resigning. Nixon didnt fight not resigning. But Bill Clinton Fought it. Foley and Nixon took responsibily for theur actions Bill Clinton didnt. Obama wife is right. If Hillary cant disapline her Husband how you expect to disapline nations like Russia,China or even North Korea?

Come on Steve.

Foley had been doing his kinky gay stalker gig for a long time and kept finding ways to get around being disciplined. When all the evidence was going public and he knew he had no chance of denying it anymore... he left.

Nixon stonewalled as long as he could, claimed Executive Privilege and did his whole "I'm not a crook" speech on national TV. It wasn't until people like Dean started rolling over on him that he decided to leave. And even then he knew his VP Ford would pardon him after becoming President.

You see some kind of a badge of honor in this stuff? Come on... you're better than that.

Clinton did go on National TV and say he had an inappropriate relationship and he was wrong. He apologized to his wife, his family and the American people. He should have never lied. He should have never answered the questions. But come on... he had a personal, legal, adult affair. If we lined up and burned at the stake like you seem to want every powerful businessman and politician that ever strayed we'd be here typing that list forever.

And you know it has nothing to do with discipline. We don't know the inter-workings of their relationship. Maybe they just weren't that attracted to each other anymore sexually but wanted to stay married. We have no idea what was going on. But if anything Hillary was a victim. It makes no sense to blame the victim. And we all saw that she was none to happy when this thing broke.

Believe me... Hillary Clinton in the White House would be plenty authoritative! Plus we get a great, well respected ambassador to the world in her husband. It's WIN WIN!

I still have not heard a decent response to my earlier statement -- so what if a law is stupid? That's an argument for repealing the law, not ignoring it.

People run afoul of these laws all the time. Yes, that includes people who get fired for affectionately hugging a female co-worker (I was once reprimanded for it at my first job, and the co-worker in question was my mother). Individual Congressmen don't get special passes to decide what laws are stupid and therefore don't apply to them.

Werbung:
I still have not heard a decent response to my earlier statement -- so what if a law is stupid? That's an argument for repealing the law, not ignoring it.

People run afoul of these laws all the time. Yes, that includes people who get fired for affectionately hugging a female co-worker (I was once reprimanded for it at my first job, and the co-worker in question was my mother). Individual Congressmen don't get special passes to decide what laws are stupid and therefore don't apply to them.

You're right.

Sometimes though things have to happen to highlight why a particular rule or law is unfair or unwarranted.

Let's wait and see if anything comes of this or if it's really just a major misunderstanding. It will work out one way or the other. Then we'll know.

Back