1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Another gleaming example (U.N.)

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Andy, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Isn't this great?! Our wonderful U.N. is working to make a better world all over again!

Ok, they called for a cease fire. How many times has that worked in the past? (never) Isn't it funny how they never call for cease-fires when shells are flying into Israeli cities killing Jews, but whenever the terrorist surround themselves with their own children as a human shield, so they can shoot at Israeli military, suddenly, the killing has to stop.

Gaza Strip Hamas using children as human shields.

Of course the U.N. didn't stop there. They requested... I love that, requested that smuggling of "illegal" weapons into Gaza be stopped. Yeah, I'm sure the children sacrificing Hamas militia murderers will all stop fighting if we maybe tell them that smuggling weapons is wrong. That'll work for sure.

Why the heck are we in the U.N. again? We're paying for this useless crap?

2. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

the UN is loaded with Jew hating pigs, and they are as useless as tits on a boar when it comes to anything with meaning.

We should leave the UN and start something new

3. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Well-Known Member

And according to the U.N. Isreal has a disproportionate response to the bombs being lobbed into their country.

That reminds me of the Star Trek episode where the two worlds have been waging a war for 500 years because they only ever respond proportionally. If five are killed on one side then five are killed on the other side. So it goes on forever.

In real wars one side is better and they react with superior arms and then the war is over. Disproportionate responses are the most moral responses.

If Israel had gone into the Palestinian area 70 years ago and wiped out all the resistance fighters then integrated the rest into the then larger Israel back when the population of the Palestinians was 12 times smaller there would be a whole lot less dead Palestinians and a whole lot less dead Jews too. Even if 10% of the Palestinian population was killed back then it would be less dead than if 1% is killed today. (all numbers are stated for sake of argument and do not neccessarily reflect real stats)

4. Sihouette

Sihouette Active Member

No, the United Nations knows a ruse when they see one. Iranian (ultimately oil) politics should not impel faithful jews to commit murder on the Sabbath.

On the contrary, they may love jews so much that they're willing to save their souls from eternal damnation by yanking their chain and getting them to listen to reason.

Intermittent bombings on FRIDAY eh? Those aren't jews flying those planes..not ones that even hint of orthodoxy anyway..

And the US did not support the cease fire eh?

S-H-O-C-K-E-R! :eek: :cool:
    :rolleyes:

5. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

Both Israel and Hamas denounced the UN Resolution too...

Now the UN can do what it always does... nothing.

6. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Well-Known Member

The sabbath does not apply to acts of war.

7. Pandora

something like 80 percent of Israel is secular. Only about 20 percent are Orthodox Jews who would never do anything on Shabbat. The military is almost totally secular.

8. Sihouette

Sihouette Active Member

OK, let me get this straight. Killing is OK on the Sabbath as long as men decide it is. Meanwhile Yahweh has forbidden it.

So man's law is therefore higher than God's aka The Ten Commandments.

*Jots in notebook*

Just trying to keep this stuff striaight. Don't want to stray from the Path!

You know, like the neighbors over in the Gaza Strip..
    :rolleyes:

9. Pandora

The Ten commandments do not apply to secular people and if you are talking about Jewish people who follow the book, they feel there are 613 commandments not ten :)

but again most of Israel is secular, the Sabbath is not going to keep them from self protection.

Also, breaking the Sabbath is ok if it keeps them alive, Even the Orthodox accept that... not that the Orthodox command the military in Israel though.

10. Sihouette

Sihouette Active Member

No Grasshopper, there are 623, 613 lesser laws + The Ten Commandments, which sit above them, always..

Just because secular jews decided to stray from the righteous path and kosher living, doesn't mean they can retool the very highest Laws of Yahweh.

They are living in unforgivable sin, commiting murder on the Sabbath. There will be hell to pay. God doesn't distinguish who is secular and who isn't when it comes to weighing the Scales of Justice..:cool:

11. foggedinn

foggedinn New Member

Wasn't that 613 stuff arrived at by a spanish jew named Maimonides sometime in the 1200's?

12. Pandora

show me where there are 623

of the 613 those include the ten from what I have learned. (7 for goys) I would like to see where you are getting your information from.

but more important its not up to you if the nation of Israel wants to follow the commandments or not. They have free will to do it or not do it

This website is not where I learned it from, I studied with Orthodox Jews for a few years, but this site run by Orthodox Jews can explain the 613

A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments) The Ten are included!

http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm

13. Sihouette

Sihouette Active Member

Most important is that it is also not up to the nation of Israel whether or not to follow the most supreme and overruling of all hebrew Laws: The Ten Commandments.. they, as mere men, do not have the power to overrule the Supreme and Unfathomable Yahweh's most potent Commandments with ad-libbing..

Think of it this way. The Ten Commandments are like the US Constitution, but different in that they can never be amended, nor abolished.

All lesser laws are tried against them and if they fail to adhere to The Big Ten, then they are against the Will of Yahweh and there for grounds for condemnation.

Yahweh is greater than the simple and often stupid customs and affairs of men. This is why The Ten Commandments were made. Yahweh (God) realized that men ad-lib, fudge and "redact" according to wanting to get out of the Contract. So that's why they are The Big Ten...immutable, unchangeable, Supreme and Overruling. God knows times can change the souls of men. And these are the edicts that may not be compromised.

No way around it....if you're a jew and killing on the Sabbath, for any reason or no reason at all.. you are in BIG BIG BIG Trouble, with a capital "T".

14. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Well-Known Member

I don't get the sense that you tried very hard to get it straight. Instead I get the sense that you tried to be a wiseguy.

The Torah has a long list of rules for Jews all of which are regarded as coming from God. Regarding the sabbath they are told what they can and cannot do. They can engage in war provided that they follow the rules laid out for war.

15. Pandora

I still would like a ref to your 623 laws plus the ten so basicly its 633? Please post some ref for it.

Israel is secular, they dont have the ten commandments nor the 613 written as law of the land. They should have the ten, I agree with that but they dont so its retarded to blame the secular military for not following laws that are not on their books even if you and I agree they should be on their books.