Another gleaming example (U.N.)

Andy

Isn't this great?! Our wonderful U.N. is working to make a better world all over again!

Ok, they called for a cease fire. How many times has that worked in the past? (never) Isn't it funny how they never call for cease-fires when shells are flying into Israeli cities killing Jews, but whenever the terrorist surround themselves with their own children as a human shield, so they can shoot at Israeli military, suddenly, the killing has to stop.

Gaza Strip Hamas using children as human shields.

Of course the U.N. didn't stop there. They requested... I love that, requested that smuggling of "illegal" weapons into Gaza be stopped. Yeah, I'm sure the children sacrificing Hamas militia murderers will all stop fighting if we maybe tell them that smuggling weapons is wrong. That'll work for sure.

Why the heck are we in the U.N. again? We're paying for this useless crap?

Werbung:
And according to the U.N. Isreal has a disproportionate response to the bombs being lobbed into their country.

That reminds me of the Star Trek episode where the two worlds have been waging a war for 500 years because they only ever respond proportionally. If five are killed on one side then five are killed on the other side. So it goes on forever.

In real wars one side is better and they react with superior arms and then the war is over. Disproportionate responses are the most moral responses.

If Israel had gone into the Palestinian area 70 years ago and wiped out all the resistance fighters then integrated the rest into the then larger Israel back when the population of the Palestinians was 12 times smaller there would be a whole lot less dead Palestinians and a whole lot less dead Jews too. Even if 10% of the Palestinian population was killed back then it would be less dead than if 1% is killed today. (all numbers are stated for sake of argument and do not neccessarily reflect real stats)

No, the United Nations knows a ruse when they see one. Iranian (ultimately oil) politics should not impel faithful jews to commit murder on the Sabbath.

On the contrary, they may love jews so much that they're willing to save their souls from eternal damnation by yanking their chain and getting them to listen to reason.

Intermittent bombings on FRIDAY eh? Those aren't jews flying those planes..not ones that even hint of orthodoxy anyway..

And the US did not support the cease fire eh?

S-H-O-C-K-E-R! :eek: :cool:
:rolleyes:

Both Israel and Hamas denounced the UN Resolution too...

Now the UN can do what it always does... nothing.

No, the United Nations knows a ruse when they see one. Iranian (ultimately oil) politics should not impel faithful jews to commit murder on the Sabbath.

On the contrary, they may love jews so much that they're willing to save their souls from eternal damnation by yanking their chain and getting them to listen to reason.

Intermittent bombings on FRIDAY eh? Those aren't jews flying those planes..not ones that even hint of orthodoxy anyway..

The sabbath does not apply to acts of war.

something like 80 percent of Israel is secular. Only about 20 percent are Orthodox Jews who would never do anything on Shabbat. The military is almost totally secular.

The sabbath does not apply to acts of war.

OK, let me get this straight. Killing is OK on the Sabbath as long as men decide it is. Meanwhile Yahweh has forbidden it.

So man's law is therefore higher than God's aka The Ten Commandments.

*Jots in notebook*

Just trying to keep this stuff striaight. Don't want to stray from the Path!

G-d established rules for the behavior of Man and, at the root of them, are these ten:
The text (in bold); following the text are some comments -

1. "I am Hashem, your G-d, Who has taken you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slavery. You shall not recognize the gods of others in My presence." (Shemot 20,2)

Rabbi Moshe ben Nachman (RAMBAN) asks, "Why did Hashem introduce Himself to the Jewish People as the One Who had taken them out of slavery in Egypt. Great as that was, wasn't He also the One Who had done something even greater; namely, created the universe? And RAMBAN answers that while it's true that Hashem had created the universe, there had been no human witnesses present at that event! Whereas, there had been millions of witnesses to the Exodus of the Jews from Egypt. And these witnesses were expected to pass that testimony onward from generation to generation, till our day.

The Ten Commandments are written as commands to individuals, so that each individual should know and realize that the Commandments are meant for him, and he cannot say, "let them be fulfilled by others."

Since Hashem had appeared to the Jewish People at the Sea as a warrior, and at Sinai as a Teacher of Torah, and He would appear to them in the time of Shlomo as a young man, and in the time of Daniel as an old man full of mercy - the Holy One Blessed be He said to them, "Although you see different manifestations, you should realize that I Was the One at the Sea, I Am the One here at Sinai, I Am the One at all times - I Am the L-rd your G-d."..[they won't spell out "God" on the internet, but will kill on the Sabbath with "justification"..talk about missing the forest for the trees in the way....]

.. 4. "Remember the Day of Shabbat to sanctify it. Six days shall you work and accomplish all your work; but the seventh day is Shabbat to Hashem, your G-d; you shall not do any work - you, your son, your daughter, your slave, your maidservant, your animal, and your convert within your gates - for in six days Hashem made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and He rested on the seventh day. Therefore, Hashem blessed the Day of Shabbat and sanctified it." (Shemot 20:8-11)..

...6. "You shall not murder!" (Shemot 20:13)

This is one of the three cardinal sins in Judaism, for which an individual is obligated to give up his life. This means that if Person A approaches Person B and says to him, "I will kill you if you do not kill person C," Person B should allow himself to be killed, rather than murder Person C....

..You shall not covet your fellow's house. You shall not covet your fellow's wife, his manservant, his maidservant, his ox, his donkey, nor anything that belongs to your fellow!" (Shemot 20:14)

In the Devarim version of the Utterances, or Commandments, a different verb is used. Here the prohibition is "Lo Tachmod!," "Do not actively desire!" There, in Devarim, the verb is "Lo Titaveh!," "Do not desire in your heart!" For there is a causal chain - if one allows himself to desire someone else's property, etc., that will lead to more active desire, which will lead to stealing, etc., etc.

How is it possible to command someone concerning his or her emotions? First of all, it is possible, as we see from other commands, positive (such as "You shall love your neighbor as yourself!") and negative ("You shall not hate your neighbor in your heart!"). Alternatively, the meaning here is that one should distance the thought of possessing some "thing" "belonging" to someone else so far outside the realm of possibility, that the thought actually recedes from one's imagination...
Source: http://www.ou.org/chagim/shavuot/aseret.htm

You know, like the neighbors over in the Gaza Strip..

OK, let me get this straight. Killing is OK on the Sabbath as long as men decide it is. Meanwhile Yahweh has forbidden it.

*Jots in notebook*

The Ten commandments do not apply to secular people and if you are talking about Jewish people who follow the book, they feel there are 613 commandments not ten :)

but again most of Israel is secular, the Sabbath is not going to keep them from self protection.

Also, breaking the Sabbath is ok if it keeps them alive, Even the Orthodox accept that... not that the Orthodox command the military in Israel though.

No Grasshopper, there are 623, 613 lesser laws + The Ten Commandments, which sit above them, always..

Just because secular jews decided to stray from the righteous path and kosher living, doesn't mean they can retool the very highest Laws of Yahweh.

They are living in unforgivable sin, commiting murder on the Sabbath. There will be hell to pay. God doesn't distinguish who is secular and who isn't when it comes to weighing the Scales of Justice..:cool:

No Grasshopper, there are 623, 613 lesser laws + The Ten Commandments, which sit above them, always..

Just because secular jews decided to stray from the righteous path and kosher living, doesn't mean they can retool the very highest Laws of Yahweh.

They are living in unforgivable sin, commiting murder on the Sabbath. There will be hell to pay. God doesn't distinguish who is secular and who isn't when it comes to weighing the Scales of Justice..:cool:

show me where there are 623

of the 613 those include the ten from what I have learned. (7 for goys) I would like to see where you are getting your information from.

but more important its not up to you if the nation of Israel wants to follow the commandments or not. They have free will to do it or not do it

This website is not where I learned it from, I studied with Orthodox Jews for a few years, but this site run by Orthodox Jews can explain the 613

A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments) The Ten are included!

http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm

Most important is that it is also not up to the nation of Israel whether or not to follow the most supreme and overruling of all hebrew Laws: The Ten Commandments.. they, as mere men, do not have the power to overrule the Supreme and Unfathomable Yahweh's most potent Commandments with ad-libbing..

Think of it this way. The Ten Commandments are like the US Constitution, but different in that they can never be amended, nor abolished.

All lesser laws are tried against them and if they fail to adhere to The Big Ten, then they are against the Will of Yahweh and there for grounds for condemnation.

Yahweh is greater than the simple and often stupid customs and affairs of men. This is why The Ten Commandments were made. Yahweh (God) realized that men ad-lib, fudge and "redact" according to wanting to get out of the Contract. So that's why they are The Big Ten...immutable, unchangeable, Supreme and Overruling. God knows times can change the souls of men. And these are the edicts that may not be compromised.

The Ten Commandments are not the only commandments that exist in the Hebrew scriptures. There are, in fact, 623 commandments or laws in the scriptures, but these ten are given extra weight by Jewish scholars because of their very basic nature. This attitude has been carried on in Christianity and Islam. Christian scriptures depict Jesus as reducing the basic laws to two, loving one’s neighbor and loving God. Muslim scriptures don’t specifically list or address the commandments by name at all but they do contain similar commands.

According to Jewish traditions, the Ten Commandments were delivered to Moses on Mt. Sinai when the Hebrews stopped there during their journey from Egypt (where they were enslaved) to Canaan (where they would wipe out the local inhabitants). Jewish scholars have generally treated these ten rules as foundational for the rest of Jewish law.

To say that they are foundational suggests that they are not themselves laws. One reason for this is that none of them, at least in their shorter forms, contain punishments, explanations, or means of implementation. They don’t look at all like the laws we see elsewhere in the Hebrew legal code and may be best described as fundamental principles that justify and support the rest of the law.
Source: http://atheism.about.com/od/tencommandments/a/introduction.htm

No way around it....if you're a jew and killing on the Sabbath, for any reason or no reason at all.. you are in BIG BIG BIG Trouble, with a capital "T".

*Jots in notebook*

I don't get the sense that you tried very hard to get it straight. Instead I get the sense that you tried to be a wiseguy.

The Torah has a long list of rules for Jews all of which are regarded as coming from God. Regarding the sabbath they are told what they can and cannot do. They can engage in war provided that they follow the rules laid out for war.

Werbung:
Most important is that it is also not up to the nation of Israel whether or not to follow the most supreme and overruling of all hebrew Laws: The Ten Commandments.. they, as mere men, do not have the power to overrule the Supreme and Unfathomable Yahweh's most potent Commandments with ad-libbing..

Think of it this way. The Ten Commandments are like the US Constitution, but different in that they can never be amended, nor abolished.

All lesser laws are tried against them and if they fail to adhere to The Big Ten, then they are against the Will of Yahweh and there for grounds for condemnation.

Yahweh is greater than the simple and often stupid customs and affairs of men. This is why The Ten Commandments were made. Yahweh (God) realized that men ad-lib, fudge and "redact" according to wanting to get out of the Contract. So that's why they are The Big Ten...immutable, unchangeable, Supreme and Overruling. God knows times can change the souls of men. And these are the edicts that may not be compromised.

No way around it....if you're a jew and killing on the Sabbath, for any reason or no reason at all.. you are in BIG BIG BIG Trouble, with a capital "T".

I still would like a ref to your 623 laws plus the ten so basicly its 633? Please post some ref for it.

Israel is secular, they dont have the ten commandments nor the 613 written as law of the land. They should have the ten, I agree with that but they dont so its retarded to blame the secular military for not following laws that are not on their books even if you and I agree they should be on their books.

Back