1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Another Two Good Ones

Discussion in 'Elections & Political Parties' started by Lilly Marlene, May 22, 2007.

1. Lilly Marlene

Lilly Marlene New Member

I know there are two comments on my other videos thread in this section; I apologize for being unable to read them right now but here's another Slam Bam Thank You Ma'am:

and

2. heyjude

heyjude New Member

I wish there was some way we could get Paul nominated. If he ran as an Independent I would love to vote for him. The free world traders will never allow it. Did you ever hear of Huey Long?

3. vyo476

vyo476 Active Member

He was the communist from Louisiana that was "mysteriously assassinated" before he could run against FDR, right?

4. heyjude

heyjude New Member

He was, I'm not sure if he was commie, but the American people loved him. I think he would have been elected. The story I saw about him never mentioned communism.

5. qalam

qalam New Member

Long was no communist; he was a populist. But i am sure that anyone who tried to make a difference in the people's lives was considered a commie.

6. USMC the Almighty

USMC the Almighty New Member

I don't buy that he would've been elected. There was no one who could defeat FDR in 1936.

More specifically, was Huey Long the one who's proposal was called "Share Our Wealth"? I get all those leftist critics mixed up (Coughlin, Townshend, Lewis).

If "Share Our Wealth" doesn't sound like communism, I'm not sure what does.

7. vyo476

vyo476 Active Member

Yup, Huey Long was Mr. Share Our Wealth. Near complete redistribution of wealth from the businesses and the wealthy to everyone. The motto for the program was "Every Man a King."

And that, qalam, is communism. Minus the little red book.