Anti Wall st Protests

Werbung:
What nation in the world in your opinion is the best?

No nation in the world meets the ideal standards, and which is the "best" will vary based on one's stand on politics and religion. So I don't think there is an answer to that.

I know that, after LIVING in 3 different European Countries, VISITING for lengthy periods another 4 European Countries, and living in 4 different States in America and visiting another 20 more, there are good and bad in every one (just like in people!).

But I must say that the greatest number of people live well and have some sense of stability and security in Belgium. A very small country, with LOTS of political issues (including no government for over 18 months), but they manage to maintain a life quality (note: I didn't say life standing!) that is second to none in all the countries I've lived in.

Obviously, I am biased, having been born and raised there!

What nation in the world in your opinion is the best?
Alias asked what nation in the worlkd is best. I am bias but would have to say my country Australia. We did not have a recession, unemployment is low about 5% and house prices are still high. Part of this has been because we sold our minerals to China.
Yet there is still opposition to our Government. It is likely to lose at the next election. The right to protest has been limited. No country is perfect but at least we are number one on the economic scale. The richest woman in the world is an Australian mining investor. Ye even she wants power and has bought up a fair part of our left wing media.

Alias asked what nation in the worlkd is best. I am bias but would have to say my country Australia. We did not have a recession, unemployment is low about 5% and house prices are still high. Part of this has been because we sold our minerals to China.
Yet there is still opposition to our Government. It is likely to lose at the next election. The right to protest has been limited. No country is perfect but at least we are number one on the economic scale. The richest woman in the world is an Australian mining investor. Ye even she wants power and has bought up a fair part of our left wing media.

and home of drn fine beer ! I really miss real Fosters. ours is made in Canada and its not the same.

and home of drn fine beer ! I really miss real Fosters. ours is made in Canada and its not the same.
I am glad you like CUB beer. However this company is in danger of being taken over by a foreign company.

I am glad you like CUB beer. However this company is in danger of being taken over by a foreign company.

sorry to hear that. I did not realize it was a CUB brand. after a manly size can I guess the fine print on the label is not that interesting.

Yes Australia is the best

It's a bit like the US in that it committed genocide on the indigenous population and has huge social problems especially relating to racism.

But unlike the US it doesn't go around the world making up stories to justify bombing the living shit out of innocent people

Nor are huge numbers of the people obese

No nation in the world meets the ideal standards, and which is the "best" will vary based on one's stand on politics and religion. So I don't think there is an answer to that.

I know that, after LIVING in 3 different European Countries, VISITING for lengthy periods another 4 European Countries, and living in 4 different States in America and visiting another 20 more, there are good and bad in every one (just like in people!).

But I must say that the greatest number of people live well and have some sense of stability and security in Belgium. A very small country, with LOTS of political issues (including no government for over 18 months), but they manage to maintain a life quality (note: I didn't say life standing!) that is second to none in all the countries I've lived in.

Obviously, I am biased, having been born and raised there!
I might be a little biased ..The USA..because the philosophy behind America is that free people will continuously strive to better themselves, entrepreneurially driving prosperity and strength while unfettered by a totalitarian government. That philosophy is what has made America "exceptional" - a willingness to limit the government and take personal responsibility for society's betterment. And it's that exceptional underpinning, embodied by our Founders in the U.S. Constitution, that has made America (and the world she leads) more strong and prosperous than any people have been in the history of the human race.

I might be a little biased ..The USA..because the philosophy behind America is that free people will continuously strive to better themselves, entrepreneurially driving prosperity and strength while unfettered by a totalitarian government. That philosophy is what has made America "exceptional" - a willingness to limit the government and take personal responsibility for society's betterment. And it's that exceptional underpinning, embodied by our Founders in the U.S. Constitution, that has made America (and the world she leads) more strong and prosperous than any people have been in the history of the human race.

I admire your faith and your pride in your country.
I find it a little overly idealistic. . .I really do not believe that social democracies have hindered Germany, or even France, Belgium and many other countries. In fact, at this time, they are (as individual countries) more stable than we are!
I do not believe the founders met for the growth in wellbeing and in wealth to be so skewed towards 1% of the population.
And. . .may I remind you that, for the time, the Roman Empire was AT LEAST as successful as the US has ever been!

Now, if you want to limit to the history of the last 250 years, I would probably agree with you. . even though it might still be a biased statement.

I agree that Australia is a great country. . .I'm not sure about THE best (I'm not sure such a country exists!), but it is very balanced, very fair, and very beautiful. I am a little biased AGAINST it, not because there is anything wrong with the country itself (it is really a great country), but because it took away my son and my grandson from me!

Well, it's kind of an exageration, of course, but my son is married to an Aussie girl (from Mckay, in Queensland), and after living in the US for 7 years, and giving me a wonderful grandson whom I adore, they decided to go back to Australia! They now live near Brisbane, and I only see my (two now) grandsons and my son about once every two years! At least, I'm glad they do live in a great country!

I admire your faith and your pride in your country.
I find it a little overly idealistic. . .I really do not believe that social democracies have hindered Germany, or even France, Belgium and many other countries. In fact, at this time, they are (as individual countries) more stable than we are!
I do not believe the founders met for the growth in wellbeing and in wealth to be so skewed towards 1% of the population.
And. . .may I remind you that, for the time, the Roman Empire was AT LEAST as successful as the US has ever been!

Now, if you want to limit to the history of the last 250 years, I would probably agree with you. . even though it might still be a biased statement.
I guess you think they are doing just fine..But with-out us, what they are today wouldn't exist..

I guess you think they are doing just fine..But with-out us, what they are today wouldn't exist..

Well, just look at it this way. . .without THEM, we wouldn't exist either!

After all. . .there are VERY FEW native Americans. . .most of us came from "abroad," and not necessarely on the Mayflower!

Werbung:
Well, just look at it this way. . .without THEM, we wouldn't exist either!

After all. . .there are VERY FEW native Americans. . .most of us came from "abroad," and not necessarely on the Mayflower!

where the result was far greater than the sum of it's parts ever were. don't forget many came here to escape Europe either for religious reasons, opportunity and to avoid starvation.

Back