"Anti-zionists but we have nothing against the Jews as such"

Uhh, 9sublime, there is in fact a Jewish ethnicity that exists independent of the Jewish religion.

It's why anti-Semitism is frequently regarded as a variant of racism, not merely religious bigotry. This is no coincidence or rhetorical sleight-of-hand; there has always been a form of "Jewish peoples" stretching back millennia through history. They have, at various times, had their own civilizations, with their own cultures and languages, etc. Abu can probably provide more details since he is clearly more knowledgeable here than I am, but a cursory wikipedia search or googling should probably back up what I'm saying.

I would argue, however, that the Israeli's claim to the land is no longer backed up merely by religious history (as you claim) or by previous settlement (as abu claims) but by force of arms as well. This is the principle on which the world order is based: whoever has the force of arms to defend their claim to the land is entitled to it. The Israelis do; the Palestinians don't; QED.

Werbung:
Uhh, 9sublime, there is in fact a Jewish ethnicity that exists independent of the Jewish religion.

It's why anti-Semitism is frequently regarded as a variant of racism, not merely religious bigotry.
Very Briefly.. Most manifestations of anti-semitism are Racial or otherwise, Not religous.
You will see cartoons (from Hitler to Palestine) of Large-Nosed figures with bags of money, etc.
Virtually none of it bashes the religion or Jewish Doctrine, but the characteristics of the PEOPLE/Race.

Thus Zionism.

This is no coincidence or rhetorical sleight-of-hand; there has always been a form of "Jewish peoples" stretching back millennia through history. They have, at various times, had their own civilizations, with their own cultures and languages, etc. Abu can probably provide more details since he is clearly more knowledgeable here than I am, but a cursory wikipedia search or googling should probably back up what I'm saying.
Correct, I suggest 'ashkenazi Jews' in wikipedia for an intro. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi
...Yiddishkeit can be identified in manners of speech, in styles of humor, in patterns of association ....Broadly speaking, a Jew is one who associates culturally with Jews, supports Jewish institutions, reads Jewish books and periodicals, attends Jewish movies and theater, travels to Israel, visits ancient synagogues in Prague, and so forth. It is a definition that applies to Jewish culture in general, and to Ashkenazi Yiddishkeit in particular..."​

I see it/experience it as everything from Corned Beef, to Humor/a sense of Irony, to a certain intellectualism and shared history.

The very few times (years ago) I have been made aware of my Jewishness by anti-semitism, in fact, was only by those who thought I was racially/ethnically Jewish. I'm sure they weren't thinking about Torah doctrine.

I would argue, however, that the Israeli's claim to the land is no longer backed up merely by religious history (as you claim) or by previous settlement (as abu claims) but by force of arms as well. This is the principle on which the world order is based: whoever has the force of arms to defend their claim to the land is entitled to it. The Israelis do; the Palestinians don't; QED.

The UN created Israel and Palestine. Resolution 181.
Israel accepted.
The Arabs rejected that and started war to wipe out the Jews.
They lost- thankfully- but narrowly. Israel was no military power in 1948 and had few arms and little aid.

If you want to call that 'Force of Arms'.. fine.

But I prefer the adage- that [paraphrasing] 'If Israel had no Arms there would be No Israel, If Arabs had no Arms, there would be Peace'.
Certainly that was true in 1948.

ISRAEL IS NOT A SECULAR STATE:

Israel expects secularism from other states in the region.

Look carefully at how Israel organises its internal economy, its legisalture regarding land ownership and purchase.

Why is it LAW in Israel that when and individual sells land it must be to ANOTHER Jew.??

Shall we go into detail as to how the Jewish National FUND within Israel and within other countries where it attracts Charity Tax FREE status for all its activities?

Secular Israel? I dont think so - look at the facts, and that claim just doesnt stand up
:cool:

5. 98% of Jews are 'Zionists' in that they support a State of Israel. Israel where it is now.
If you hate 98% of Jews you ARE an Anti-semite.

You know, those who support Israel so vehemently are very quick to accuse others of hating Jews. Jews are people. Decent people don't hate another PERSON, they may however, hate an ideology. It isn't any kind of sin to disagree, and not accept another's ideology. I don't even have to pretend to respect any ideology that doesn't float my boat. It's a by product of an ability to reason. Would you like to see that right disappear from America if it doesn't jive with yours? Is that what is considered "progressive"?

ISRAELI COLONIZATION BY PALESTINIAN EMIGRATION

Israel occupies that land usurped at the end of World War II from Palestinian territory, by the victorious British, for the colonial establishment of the millions of undesirable Marxist Jews, pathetic refugees from Nazi German and the USSR, who were categorically denied immigration into the United Kingdom and Europe.

Historically, entire populations of Jews had previously been democratically expelled by England, France, Spain, and Germany forcefully after experiencing their culturally unacceptable patterns of anti-Christian and criminal competition. Their recent notorious adherence to Marxism revolutionary ideology stigmatized them further, as morally despicable and politically dangerous people, except in America where a large competitive population of this type had never previously been experienced.

Now, it is in the vital best interests of the United Nations of the World to formally accept Israel’s illegal existence as a permanent independent colony for all undesirable Jews from everywhere in World; after Israel and her supporting Diaspora formally apologizes, and justly and honorably agrees to fully compensate the Palestinians for all of their stolen territory, their destroyed infrastructure, and their losses of innocent lives.

Because it is the Palestinians, not the Israelis, who have been unjustly denied the inalienable Human rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for the past 60 years; only the Palestinians have the moral power to sanction Israel’s right to permanently colonize Palestinian territory; and they shall grant that occupation right only after having received sufficient economic retribution to enable all desirable Palestinians to then happily emigrate and acquire education, property, and immigrant citizenship in those countries where their social and economic contributions are welcome.

Werbung:
Jurgenen Illegally Cross posting from your IDENTICAL string starter;
Here's the same answer:
(BTW, you really should get treatment for the bizarro hyperbolic terminology you use)

1. what “60 years’?
From 1948-1967 JORDAN occupied and ANNEXED the West Bank.
That’s who Israel won it from in 1967, NOT ‘palestine’.

Arab countries apparenty knew not of this made up new sub-group ‘palestinians’.

2. Israel wasn’t ‘Usurped’.
Israel (and the arab-rejected palestine), were created (Actually UN voted) from the balance of the Ottoman Empire (of which the Arabs got 99%), and the lesser British Mandate, from which Arabs got 87%. (77% Jordan, 10% Palestine).
Jews got 13% of the mandate, 2/3 of which was State Land belonging to NO Arab, including the half alone of israel that is the Negev desert.

So the Jews got 4% of the Private land of the Mandate, much or which they already owned.

3. Resolution 181 creating Israel (and the arab-rejected palestine) entailed NO Displacement or loss of land.
All of that was the result of the 1948 Arab-STARTED War.

Back