Any foreign language speakers?

Martyr

Trying to learn Japanese but sometimes it's hard to find time or motivation to study now that I'm outside of the classroom. :(

Werbung:
I spent a bit of time in Japan and really tried to learn some of the language, but I don't have a good ear for picking languages up. I studied French and German at university and can read and write well enough in those, but can't speak them at all!!!

My ear really didn't pick much up after months in Japan either.

My brothers girl friend is Japanese if you need a hand on how to get started ask away and ill talk to her. She was actually looking into translation work over the net. :)

I actually have an interest in learning Japanese. I plan on taking some classes soon. I just hope I dont have one of those foreign language blocks some people get.

vicki2 said:
I spent a bit of time in Japan and really tried to learn some of the language, but I don't have a good ear for picking languages up. I studied French and German at university and can read and write well enough in those, but can't speak them at all!!!

My ear really didn't pick much up after months in Japan either.
¥300 cigarettes.
bow.gif
Pachinko too.

I wish I could live there. That way I can see family and have plenty of incentive to keep learning.
palefrost said:
My brothers girl friend is Japanese if you need a hand on how to get started ask away and ill talk to her. She was actually looking into translation work over the net. :)
Thanks but I've got 5 years of high school classes under my belt. Though I only gave a **** for the last year and a half of them, I have a firm grasp on the fundamentals. My mother's a native speaker so I can ask her for help if I need it too.

Brandon said:
I actually have an interest in learning Japanese. I plan on taking some classes soon. I just hope I dont have one of those foreign language blocks some people get.

Well if you need any help im sure she would give you pointers or what have you..shes sweet as pie! :)

I spent about seven years studying French, but I don't have enough verbal practice or vocabulary to consider myself fluent. I know a bit of Spanish from reading signs on the subway and working with people who don't speak English. I'm generally pretty good at deciphering written matter in either of the two languages, and I try to eavesdrop a little on Spanish-speaking people so I can pick up an ear for it. I never seem to run into French speakers.

English is sometimes called the language of business, and I know that in Japan it's a required course to take in school. I wonder if anything like that will happen here.

It should!! Its horrible that we only speak one language and bitch about Spanish being used.

I only bitch about Spanish being used if those speaking it can't speak English. But I agree, it does suck that the majority of us speak one language.

Werbung:
Back