Are Pelosi's motives in lying, more important than the lies themselves?

Little-Acorn

It is clear that Nancy Pelosi was briefed in 2002 on the waterboarding and other techniques being used at the time... and she raised no objections. Only much later, did she begin lambasting President Bush over everything from the Surge to the prisoners at Gitmo... and waterboarding.

It is equally clear that, while she had no problem with the terrorists who planned the 9/11 attacks being waterboarded, she later decided to pretend outrage over that same waterboarding... when she needed to use it as a tool to destroy President Bush.

Here we have the Speaker of the House, leader of the House and third in line for the Presidency, ignoring the importance of serious and careful planning of the war against terrorists, and flip-flopping over it randomly, using it simply for the purpose of destroying her political opponents and furthering her own political agenda in Washington DC.

Is this the Democrat "leadership" the American people deserve, as our enemies who declared war on us continue to plot and attack us all over the world?

Pelosi's behavior, carried on year after year now, is beyond shocking, verging on disgraceful. She clearly considers her personal fight against Republicans in her own country, far more important than the fight against terrorists who killed three thousand civilians in New York and elsewhere. And she apparently has no problem bending and twisting her party's efforts into a vendetta against anyone who object, going so far as to accuse the entire CIA of lying and misleading her when her machinations are brought to light.

What benefits, exactly, are the American people reaping from having this woman in such a responsible position in the American government? Is there any chance she will stop attacking and tearing down our own people, long enough to notice that the country is in severe trouble on many fronts and needs leadership from SOMEONE in Congress?

Werbung:
I think the only thing she sees is the chance to beat Hitlary in the "first woman president race", which supercedes everything for both of them

If terrorists attack this country again and kill a few thousand more of us, will Nancy Pelosi call another press conference, to apologize to us for sniping at Republicans and trashing government agencies instead of helping to defend the United States of America?

Are you assuming that the government doesn't consider the American people expendable? Is there anything in the history of this country that leads you to believe that?

Personally, I think Pelosi's motive for lying is pretty simple and obvious - political survival. I'm sick to death of political posturing, from both the right and the left - and of course from that VAST majority who describe themselves as centrist.

So therefore in this case, the motive is indeed at least as bad as the act of lying itself. You can remove the motive from the deed and have someone acting in purely a political survival mode without having lied. But it's hard to remove the lying from the motive - unless the individual is pathological, there would be no reason to lie without a shameful, self-serving motive as in Ms. Pelosi's case.

Are you assuming that the government doesn't consider the American people expendable? Is there anything in the history of this country that leads you to believe that?

I realize that this is running the risk of receiving mindless diatribes from those who suffer BDR, but I never, NEVER had the feeling in the past eight years that Bush thought of anyone as expendable. Except maybe terrorists, Saddam Hussein, etc. I realize that in "government" it incorporates much more than the presidency, but they are (mostly) real human beings, with real families and friends - just like the rest of us.

It's a discussion belonging on another thread to go in depth, but what in the history of this country leads you to believe otherwise?

Personally, I think Pelosi's motive for lying is pretty simple and obvious - political survival.

She would have survived just fine if she'd simply done her job. Which included providing oversight to the policies of the armed forces, and giving HONEST advice in pursuit of that goal.

But she had to sieze upon the non-issue of waterboarding (as verified by its acceptance by herself and the rest of the Democrats after being briefed in 2002), do a complete flip-flop when it was politically advantageous, and try to use it as a club to destroy a political rival (George W. Bush). In doing so, she gave the enemies of this country endless advantage, opportunities to inflame others against us, and increased motivation to attack us.

Her motives were despicable, and her actions almost treasonous.

And now she further compounds her loathsome conduct by trying to smear the integrity of the most valuable noncombat agency we have in this war... simply for the purpose of not getting caught and blamed for what she did.

It is clear that Nancy Pelosi was briefed in 2002 on the waterboarding and other techniques being used at the time...
....As if it matters.

THE issue is: The DICK; Cheney initiated all torture to extract a Lie....that Saddam Hussein colluded with al Qaeda (The DICK's justification for occupying Iraq).....proven, all-too-often, to be B.S.!!!!

:rolleyes:

"Finding a "smoking gun" linking Iraq and al Qaeda became the main purpose of the abusive interrogation program the Bush administration authorized in 2002, a former State Department official told CNN on Thursday."​

Pelosi needs to go directly to jail, by democratic party rules.

She knew about waterboarding and approved of it
long ago. The dems response to waterboarding, including Nancy
was that waterboarding didn't go far enough and
that we couldn't win the war.

Leon Panetta says she is lying, so I guess we can take his word for it.

After all he's Obama's pick.

I say that this is going to get very interesting ... Pelosi loves to point fingers and accuse others of being dishonest all the time ... let's see how she handles it when she is the one the finger is being pointed at .... I bet she doesn't handle it very well in fact, I bet she handles it by destroying her political career (I hope) ... this person has to go ... she is NOT what this country is about (but this is the road we are headed down) and we need to get those out of WA that only represent their own agendas not ours .... talk about dishonesty ...

It's a discussion belonging on another thread to go in depth, but what in the history of this country leads you to believe otherwise?

Let's see, for one the "Bonus Army". And then there are the Viet Nam vets who were dismissed as drug addicts when they came back and had a different story from what we were being told here. Why don't you talk to some actual "human beings" who know from experience, and not from a media rag? If you need more, I can fill up the page, since those who have studied the subject in depth actually know that the history of this country goes back further than Bush, and that any government's priority is to keep the country solvent and secure and prosperous at any cost. Hate to break it to you, but our government has NEVER been any different. Of course except the Civil War in which the government treated Southern "human beings" with kid gloves and flowers, after they were ravaged....

What do you think would happen if ANYONE in this country tried to start a civil war again? Do you think the government would be receptive to the people's desires?

Apparently you do.

If terrorists attack this country again and kill a few thousand more of us, will Nancy Pelosi call another press conference, to apologize to us for sniping at Republicans and trashing government agencies instead of helping to defend the United States of America?

Uh, no. She will say they attacked us because we waterboarded.

Werbung:
I don't think I ever answered the op question.

Yes the motive is more important. Lying is not that big a deal. But the willingness to sacrifice national security for a political agenda is unforgivable.

Back